Pluto is larger than estimated

Bleipriester

Freedom!
Nov 14, 2012
Doucheland
pluto-planet.jpg

After 9 years, New Horizons reached Pluto and figured out it is larger than estimated. Not much but it is..
Pluto Is Larger Than Thought Has Ice Cap NASA Probe Reveals

2006-003_podcast.jpg

I was never in favor of Pluto's demotion.

Pluto is half the size of the US, Earth's moon is even larger than Pluto. But this is still cool, I can't wait to see what this rock looks like.
The last photo before the satellite stopped communicating to commence it's mission:

pluto-new-horizons-up-close.jpg

Pluto is half the size of the US, Earth's moon is even larger than Pluto. But this is still cool, I can't wait to see what this rock looks like.
The last photo before the satellite stopped communicating to commence it's mission:

You can see the footprint from when it got kicked out of the planet club.
inspired by a fb post that it looked like a heart.

had to do the 'human makes this make sense to human' and yea, footprint.

and now that I look at it more, it (actually) looks like something really big, REALLY BIG, hit it and shanked off.

like a speeding ground ball bouncing off soft dirt.

When the high res pictures show up then things get really interesting.
that's as close as it's going to get, no orbit, off into deep space.

maybe a pic of the dark side
Mind blowing stuff, seeing a snapshot of the geology of the farthest body in the solar system, astounding. In real time, no artists interpretations or guesses. I love this stuff, won't ever happen again. History in the making.

Mind blowing stuff, seeing a snapshot of the geology of the farthest body in the solar system, astounding. In real time, no artists interpretations or guesses. I love this stuff, won't ever happen again. History in the making.
When I heard Hubble was being shut down, I actually shed a tear.

the most cools pics came from that invention

I remember when Mariner 1 landed and they interrupted the news to show the mars landscape for the first time! This is Mars! Blew me away. But now we get images of Pluto? Wow.

When I heard Hubble was being shut down, I actually shed a tear.

the most cools pics came from that invention

Have no fear,rejoice!!! The new one is even more badass!!!
Infrared Dawn The Next Space Telescope Will Be Hubble x 100 Space Air Space Magazine

We are just going to have to go out there in the universe and find out what is going on, telescopes or remote robotics/ instruments are just ,fine. To a point .We are the brains here.

It takes radio transmissions from the probe 4.5 hours to get here from there, at 186k miles/second. That is a long ways away and the solar system is huge. Sending a radio transmission from the next closest star however would take 4.2 years to get here.

Great stuff the images of Pluto. Amazing science.

Forum List

Back