Plumes of oil spreading east on sea floor

I think Anwar is a target now just so the oil companies can lock in a bargain basement lease price before the price of oil goes up.

Yeah, once the Israelis bomb the shit out of Iran, oil prices are gonna rise more than a tad.

:eusa_hand:

Nice of them to wait until the summer vacation season is over.:eusa_angel:

Why? I hear Irans oil is about used up.

What does whether or not Iran's Oil Supply is used up matter?

What, you cannot accept any excuse? How the fuck do you think BP is gonna pay Bubba Gump?:tongue:

Yeah, once the Israelis bomb the shit out of Iran, oil prices are gonna rise more than a tad.

:eusa_hand:

Nice of them to wait until the summer vacation season is over.:eusa_angel:

Why? I hear Irans oil is about used up.

What does whether or not Iran's Oil Supply is used up matter?

What, you cannot accept any excuse? How the fuck do you think BP is gonna pay Bubba Gump?:tongue:

True, commodity prices especially oil are more about perceptions than reality.

"I would just say when sugar dissolves in tea, does that render it harmless to diabetics? No."

My thoughts on the dispersants used for the spill.
I suspect it worsened the impact not lessened it in the long run.

I don't think a billionth of a sugar cube dissolved in a cup of tea will affect any effect on a diabetic.

In fact it won't even be noticed.

You really dont understand how sceince works do you?

It is the BEST information of the time.

Not listening to sceince because at one point the best information at the time wasnt enough to get it right is dooming yourself to the NEXT BEST information at the time.

That is REAL stupidity

Is it REAL stupidity if you cannot spell science?

:eusa_whistle:

Quoted for poetic poignancy.

This is just another example of D.C. sweeping things under the rug with the intention of letting the next generation find a way to fix our mistakes.

That's the Plume? Something the size of a striped bass?

And just how would one take a picture of a miles long underwater plume of oil miles? long?
You have a wide angle lens for that?

Sony%20Camera.jpg

Last edited:
"Researchers at the University of South Florida have concluded that oil from the Deepwater Horizon spill may have settled to the bottom of the Gulf of Mexico further east than previously suspected -- and at levels toxic to marine life. Initial findings from a new survey of the Gulf conclude that dispersants may have sent droplets of crude to the ocean floor, where it has turned up at the bottom of an undersea canyon within 40 miles of the Florida Panhandle"

When you actually bother to read the article there are more "mays" in it that at a calendar company

Moral of the story: don't swim on the sea bottom, it MAY not be good for you
speak up, frank, i don't think he heard...

13-red-snapper-665.jpg

Just so we know what the benthic plain looks like (which is where the oil is) here is an image for you. Antagons picture is very beautiful but is about 4890 feet higher than where the oil MAY be lurking.

This is what it looks like down there. And yes there is life down that deep and it looks like this most of the time (though there are larger fish that deep as well) and to them oil is very tasty.

Attachments

• $benthic.bmp
    685 KB · Views: 69
it is there, we all know things dont REALLY dissapear

Your common sense vanished without a trace

In order to accept your statement, I would need evidence of the existence of said 'common sense' previously. Call me skeptical, but I doubt you can prove that TM ever possess the gift of common sense.
Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen.
- Albert Einstein

In order to accept your statement, I would need evidence of the existence of said 'common sense' previously. Call me skeptical, but I doubt you can prove that TM ever possess the gift of common sense.
- Albert Einstein

Very true!

I have argued with republicans, who are friends of mine, about lots of things that seem to be obvious to everyone. It took a lifetime of prejudices to come up with:

-Nicotine is not addicting and
-Obama is not a US citizen

I am sure that I can think of other deluded stances some of my GOP friends take, if I am given time.

- Albert Einstein

A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either.

He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts.

All appropriate to the GW theology and all by Albert Einstein.

- Albert Einstein

Very true!

I have argued with republicans, who are friends of mine, about lots of things that seem to be obvious to everyone. It took a lifetime of prejudices to come up with:

-Nicotine is not addicting and
-Obama is not a US citizen

I am sure that I can think of other deluded stances some of my GOP friends take, if I am given time.

You know I can't think of a single person who believes what you just wrote (and I interact with a LOT of people). I am sure there are some out there but I have a feeling they are neither Republican or Democrat....they are just........... not right.

What the last part of the report said. From experienc if there is no odor of oil the concentration is small indeed. Not to say that it is good for the environment but this is a tempest in a teacup as it currently sits.

The collected water samples had no odor of oil and the plume is mostly water mixed with some hydrocarbons that include oil. "The plume was not a river of Hershey’s syrup," said Reddy. "But that’s not to say it isn’t harmful to the environment."

Forum List

Back