Plinkers

When I was a kid we would have BB gun and pellet gun fights in the park. Of course our parents didn't like it because we could have got hit in the eye and they would have to pay a doctor bill. So we wore sunglasses.

We had an old and I do mean old grave yard (which I feel some regret about now) where we had our BB gun fights. We used swimming goggles and masks for eye protection and always put on extra clothes to curtail the welts... Would more than likely be handed over to social services if some fun like this took place today...

Fox Valley Rifle Range (long gone) in Dundee, IL had a plinking pond. You shot at old corncobs. almost as fun as rats.
When I was a kid we would have BB gun and pellet gun fights in the park. Of course our parents didn't like it because we could have got hit in the eye and they would have to pay a doctor bill. So we wore sunglasses.

It's different these days. If a kid is having fun playing with a BB gun some pigs in the midst of a 'roid rage might roll up in a pigmobile, jump out, and put some 9mm or .40 caliber bullets into them.

It was not a bad encounter, but this happened to my son and his friends once. They liked those soft air guns and would do wars on the weekend on the undeveloped land behind our houses. Awesome place, vacant burned out buildings, huge chunks on concrete rip rap, big trees and under brush. We'll as it turns out, the state trooper was eating lunch while doing his speed trap and all of a sudden 5 young med explode out of the woods in the midst of a fire fight. The poor cop thought it was a Mexican drug Cartel hit squad. After giving me a call and sending the boys back into the woods he let them be. Was pretty funny.

Forum List

Back