"Pledge for America" written by lobbyist

So, it seems the "Pledge for America" - in which the Republicans are going to "take America back" for "the people".... is in fact, written by Brian Wild, a lobbyist.

Video: Former Exxon and AIG lobbyist wrote the GOP 'Pledge to America' - National Political Buzz | Examiner.com

GOP blueprint bashes special interests, written by special interests - The Hill's Pundits Blog

The "Pledge for America".... brought to you by AIG, ExxonMobil, etc.

Discuss.

So what I see nothing wrong with this.

http://www.gop.gov/resources/library/documents/solutions/a-pledge-to-america.pdf

How about the healthcare lobbist that wrote obamacare.

And we know Noooooooooooooooooooooo lobbyists are involved with the Democrats or Obama, right????????

Hilariously hypocritical. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

We no? Fucking moron. How do I KNOW that?
You are either stupid or just don't care
Google’s Former Lobbyist in the White House; Still Lobbying for Google - Big Government

A White House tightly bound to lobbyists | Washington Examiner

Across From White House, Coffee With Lobbyists
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/25/us/politics/25caribou.html

So, it seems the "Pledge for America" - in which the Republicans are going to "take America back" for "the people".... is in fact, written by Brian Wild, a lobbyist.

Video: Former Exxon and AIG lobbyist wrote the GOP 'Pledge to America' - National Political Buzz | Examiner.com

GOP blueprint bashes special interests, written by special interests - The Hill's Pundits Blog

Discuss.

So you have no problem with the Apollo Aliance, A marxist initiative of the TIDES Foundation, wrote the massive "stimulus" bill that none of our politicians bothered to read. You have no problem with Marxist special interests writing our health care reform bill that none of our legislators have bothered to read.

But if former lobbyists allegedly help right the Republican pledge, you have a problem.

Shouldn't the bills being written in Congress be a little more important then a campaign pledge?

Last edited:

Discuss.

So you have no problem with the Apollo Aliance, A marxist initiative of the TIDES Foundation, wrote the massive "stimulus" bill that none of our politicians bothered to read. You have no problem with Marxist special interests writing our health care reform bill that none of our legislators have bothered to read.

But if former lobbyists allegedly help right the Republican pledge, you have a problem.

Shouldn't the bills being written in Congress be a little more important then a campaign pledge?

Feel free to show me where I said I'm ok with any of that.

btw, the Apollo Alliance did NOT write the stimulus bill.

Discuss.

I would think you liberals would love this document which is actually a repudiation of the Tea Party and its major concerns! That ought to make Democrats feel better since it is a document that essentially promises to change very little about how the Washington power elite intend to keep on doing business.

Maybe the RNC really does believe there are more people who favor big, out of control government than those who think the Tea Party shares their values -and they missed the most recent polls showing that while the majority of likely voters think Obama and Congress do NOT share their values, 54% believe the Tea Party DOES! And a significant percentage of voters think ALL incumbents should be shown the door because clearly they are far more concerned about how to hang on to THEIR power than what is in this nation's best interests. And every incombent shown the door who insists they will now run as an independent is proving that for them, it really is all about THEM and how THEY can hang on to power at any cost!

I think it really is hilarious that Democrats are SUCH hypocrites that they constantly demonize big businesses. But THEY are the ones who just handed over BILLIONS to them of our hard earned tax dollars instead of letting them fail as they should have done. And ONLY to HUGE corporations! BILLIONS of OUR money! All because Democrats (and some RINOS) really do think there is such a thing as "too big to fail"!!!!

There is NO SUCH THING as "too big to fail". Other companies would have stepped up to buy up the pieces if they went under just as has happened every time a big company went under before this. And we would have all benefited far more when more efficient and successful companies took their place. Government has NO BUSINESS deciding whatsoever the winners and losers in the private sector because it can only reward the INEFFICIENT and UNPROFITABLE -and then force taxpayers to foot the bill for it. Which is EXACTLY what Democrats did -oh, while singing their same old whiny lying ass hypocrit tune that it is Republicans who favor big business. I guess none of them really noticed that it was Democrats who just gave ONLY big businesses BILLIONS? Yeah, right. Any Democrat who campaigns on the notion that Republicans favor big business and the fact some of the companies who benefited tremendously under them have had a hand in writing a document essentially rejecting the Tea Party concerns and show the power elite intend to keep up business as usual in DC - must believe voters are really stupid cows to be led around by their nose and will believe any bullshit Democrats tell them to believe. And based on some of the comments by elected Democrats at their town hall meetings, their arrogance and contempt for the very people who put them into office is both obvious -and disgusting. At least Republicans are giving lip service to pretending to give a shit what their constituents think -Democrats have done the opposite and essentially told them to "fuck off" while fully expecting them to return them to office for life.

Ah well, we survived the Contract on America, and we will survive the Plague to America.

Ahh but our current situation is partly to blame on the contract on America.
So we have not yet survived it.

"We have not yet survived it?"

:eusa_eh:

Are you a zombie?:eek:

It's effects are not yet finished with us.
could be a better way for me to put it.

And I do not think I am a zombie.
But then I might think that if I was one....

Last edited:
Last edited:

Discuss.

I would think you liberals would love this document which is actually a repudiation of the Tea Party and its major concerns! That ought to make Democrats feel better since it is a document that essentially promises to change very little about how the Washington power elite intend to keep on doing business.

Maybe the RNC really does believe there are more people who favor big, out of control government than those who think the Tea Party shares their values -and they missed the most recent polls showing that while the majority of likely voters think Obama and Congress do NOT share their values, 54% believe the Tea Party DOES! And a significant percentage of voters think ALL incumbents should be shown the door because clearly they are far more concerned about how to hang on to THEIR power than what is in this nation's best interests. And every incombent shown the door who insists they will now run as an independent is proving that for them, it really is all about THEM and how THEY can hang on to power at any cost!

I think it really is hilarious that Democrats are SUCH hypocrites that they constantly demonize big businesses. But THEY are the ones who just handed over BILLIONS to them of our hard earned tax dollars instead of letting them fail as they should have done. And ONLY to HUGE corporations! BILLIONS of OUR money! All because Democrats (and some RINOS) really do think there is such a thing as "too big to fail"!!!!

There is NO SUCH THING as "too big to fail". Other companies would have stepped up to buy up the pieces if they went under just as has happened every time a big company went under before this. And we would have all benefited far more when more efficient and successful companies took their place. Government has NO BUSINESS deciding whatsoever the winners and losers in the private sector because it can only reward the INEFFICIENT and UNPROFITABLE -and then force taxpayers to foot the bill for it. Which is EXACTLY what Democrats did -oh, while singing their same old whiny lying ass hypocrit tune that it is Republicans who favor big business. I guess none of them really noticed that it was Democrats who just gave ONLY big businesses BILLIONS? Yeah, right. Any Democrat who campaigns on the notion that Republicans favor big business and the fact some of the companies who benefited tremendously under them have had a hand in writing a document essentially rejecting the Tea Party concerns and show the power elite intend to keep up business as usual in DC - must believe voters are really stupid cows to be led around by their nose and will believe any bullshit Democrats tell them to believe. And based on some of the comments by elected Democrats at their town hall meetings, their arrogance and contempt for the very people who put them into office is both obvious -and disgusting. At least Republicans are giving lip service to pretending to give a shit what their constituents think -Democrats have done the opposite and essentially told them to "fuck off" while fully expecting them to return them to office for life.

I would think you liberals would love this document which is actually a repudiation of the Tea Party and its major concerns!

This is where I stopped reading, do you have a problem with this line?

"Whenever the agenda of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to institute a new governing agenda and set a different course."
OR maybe you have a problem with this line
"These first principles were proclaimed in the Declaration of Independence, enshrined in the Constitution, and have endured through hard sacrifice and commitment by generations of Americans."

OR maybe it's the self-governing part you did not like
"In a self-governing society, the only bulwark against the power of the state is the consent of the governed, and regarding the policies of the current government, the governed do not consent."

Has anyone read the document yet?

"We pledge to honor the Constitution as constructed by its framers and honor the original intent of those precepts that have been consistently ignored – particularly the Tenth Amendment, which grants that all powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people."

"We pledge to advance policies that promote greater liberty, wider opportunity, a robust defense, and national economic prosperity."

"We pledge to honor families, traditional marriage, life, and the private and faith-based"

"We pledge to make government more transparent in its actions, careful in its stewardship, and honest in its dealings. organizations that form the core of our American values."

"We pledge to uphold the purpose and promise of a better America, knowing that to whom much is given, much is expected and that the blessings of our liberty buoy the hopes of mankind."

"We make this pledge bearing true faith and allegiance to the people we represent, and we invite fellow citizens and patriots to join us in forming a new governing agenda for America."

Liberals claim they are for individual rights why would they have anything against this pledge?

Liberals claim they are for individual rights why would they have anything against this pledge?

Boner doesn't know what it means, so how should I know what it means. :lol: Didn't Hitler write something like this?

“I don’t have all of the solutions, but I believe if we work with the American people, the American people will want to work with us to come to grips with these challenges that face our country,” said Rep. John Boehner, the House minority leader, as he formally introduced the proposal Thursday at a lumberyard in Virginia.

Boehner said the unspecified budget cuts in the plan — a rollback of some federal spending to 2008 levels and budget caps — would save $1 trillion over the next 10 years. He acknowledged, though, that the reductions are only the “first steps” to a balanced federal budget, which is now swimming in red ink.

“It wouldn’t come close to balancing the budget,” said Josh Gordon, policy director at the Concord Coalition, a nonpartisan deficit reduction group.

“This is the most fiscally irresponsible document ever offered by the GOP,” blogger and columnist Andrew Sullivan wrote Thursday. “It is an act of vandalism against the fiscal balance of the U.S. … It is the opposite of responsible conservatism.”

Read more: GOP ‘Pledge to America’ infuriates some conservatives - KansasCity.com

Last edited:

Boner doesn't know what it means, so how should I know what it means. :lol: Didn't Hitler write something like this?

“I don’t have all of the solutions, but I believe if we work with the American people, the American people will want to work with us to come to grips with these challenges that face our country,” said Rep. John Boehner, the House minority leader, as he formally introduced the proposal Thursday at a lumberyard in Virginia.

Boehner said the unspecified budget cuts in the plan — a rollback of some federal spending to 2008 levels and budget caps — would save $1 trillion over the next 10 years. He acknowledged, though, that the reductions are only the “first steps” to a balanced federal budget, which is now swimming in red ink.

“It wouldn’t come close to balancing the budget,” said Josh Gordon, policy director at the Concord Coalition, a nonpartisan deficit reduction group.

“This is the most fiscally irresponsible document ever offered by the GOP,” blogger and columnist Andrew Sullivan wrote Thursday. “It is an act of vandalism against the fiscal balance of the U.S. … It is the opposite of responsible conservatism.”

Read more: GOP ‘Pledge to America’ infuriates some conservatives - KansasCity.com

This is what I am care about
"We pledge to honor the Constitution as constructed by its framers and honor the original intent of those precepts that have been consistently ignored – particularly the Tenth Amendment, which grants that all powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people."

"We pledge to advance policies that promote greater liberty, wider opportunity, a robust defense, and national economic prosperity."

"We pledge to honor families, traditional marriage, life, and the private and faith-based"

"We pledge to make government more transparent in its actions, careful in its stewardship, and honest in its dealings. organizations that form the core of our American values."

"We pledge to uphold the purpose and promise of a better America, knowing that to whom much is given, much is expected and that the blessings of our liberty buoy the hopes of mankind."

"We make this pledge bearing true faith and allegiance to the people we represent, and we invite fellow citizens and patriots to join us in forming a new governing agenda for America."

Not something nazi's may or may not have written.

Hey teapartysammich, how about you stop trying to derail this thread? Nobody here has said that lobbyist influence is exclusive to the GOP. This is about their Pledge to America, not your fetish with strawmen. Go spray your stoopid on a different thread, preferably one in the Romper Room.

It's "derailing" to point out hypocrisy of a op?

I am HONORBOUND or something to abide by the false premise of any thread and not point out the rank hypocrisy.

Sorry, that is NOT derailing. I'm not changing the subject to browning recipes or anything else, I'm discussing the PREMISE of the op and how LUDICROUSLY HYPOCRITICAL IT IS.

If you liberals can't hack it on a board that has conservatives too, then go to DU where you will hear nothing but your own BS.

Otherwise, boo freaking hoo, there are conservatives on here that will "derail" any BS you post, with THE TRUTH.

Boo freaking hoo hoo hoo!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Its kind of like she wispered in our ears.... "its OK, I will respect you in the morning" :eek:

Take a good look at my avie... OFF WITH HER HEAD!

I mean sure they put one version of the bill oneline.

But that isn't what was signed into law.

NO ONE knows all that was signed into law except the lobbyists and lawyers that wrote it.

The Democrats admit they don't know what's in the damn law. ;)

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ok, we've actually been over this before.

The version that was passed is ONLINE. In fact, it's part of the congressional record.

It was not online BEFORE it was passed. But it is NOW.

We have seen laws where the Congressmen and women DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT IT SAYS, and they have to pass it before we know what's in it???????

You FIND ME A QUOTE from any REpublican saying that about their bills?

I would LOVE to have you find me that!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Forum List

Back