"Pledge for America" written by lobbyist

Ok, we've actually been over this before.

The version that was passed is ONLINE. In fact, it's part of the congressional record.

It was not online BEFORE it was passed. But it is NOW.

WEAK

It should've been up for us ALL to read.

They were afraid to let us see the emperor had no clothes,

and he has a small thingie too
:eusa_whistle:

Ok, we've actually been over this before.

The version that was passed is ONLINE. In fact, it's part of the congressional record.

It was not online BEFORE it was passed. But it is NOW.

WEAK

It should've been up for us ALL to read.

They were afraid to let us see the emperor had no clothes,

and he has a small thingie too
:eusa_whistle:

I agree with you in part, it should have been online.

I don't know about the "emperor's dick" thing, though.

And we know Noooooooooooooooooooooo lobbyists are involved with the Democrats or Obama, right????????

Hilariously hypocritical. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

This is not an attack teapartysamurai, but two wrongs dont make a right....

Why cant the GOP just sit down and write this stuff themselves?
Im asking a serious question here too.... what are we paying them to do?

Im sick of lobbyists.... just plain sick of them all!

because in one form or another you must first start with the premise that politicians are dolts. Once you are past that anything is possible, the pols did write all of the stimulus, and major portions of obama care that why they are a mess.

This guy is a former lobbyists, I am ot phased by this since hell obama had a former F&F theif join his staff to give advice on......you got it, F&F.

The crime here is that boehner paid the guy to be on his staff and this is what they came up with. Its like they were afraid of making a real statement....

oh and to the OP; thats also why its not a good idea to post articles by PUNDITS either....it turns into a hypocrisy contest.

So, it seems the "Pledge for America" - in which the Republicans are going to "take America back" for "the people".... is in fact, written by Brian Wild, a lobbyist.

Video: Former Exxon and AIG lobbyist wrote the GOP 'Pledge to America' - National Political Buzz | Examiner.com

GOP blueprint bashes special interests, written by special interests - The Hill's Pundits Blog

The "Pledge for America".... brought to you by AIG, ExxonMobil, etc.

Discuss.
Whew......

He actually took CREDIT for that??!!!

:eusa_eh:

I've gotta find-out who's paying-out authorship-fees, for those companies!!!

:eek:

I'm workin' on something called The Declaration Of Independence!!!!

Last edited:
I'm not sure this story is true. Both of your "sources" are blogs.

There is no credible news source reporting this.

This idea original came from....The Huffington Post....GO FIGURE.

MSNBC asked about it in an interview...here is the link to the interview.

RealClearPolitics - Video - MSNBC: Lobbyist Wrote GOP's "Pledge To America"

Apparently they've changed it. When you read the document properties of the PDF file, Brian Wild's name was under "Author". It seems they've changed it now, I'm looking for a screenshot for you.

EDIT:

Here you go!

screenwild3.gif

Last edited:
Apparently they've changed it. When you read the document properties of the PDF file, Brian Wild's name was under "Author". It seems they've changed it now, I'm looking for a screenshot for you.
Save your time.

They pretty-much BLEW IT, anyhow......​

"House GOP leader John Boehner cast the "Pledge to America" as "a new governing agenda, built by listening to the American people, :rolleyes: that offers a new way forward." But he also acknowledged that it lacked specifics on important subjects like Social Security and Medicaid.

Much of it also adhered generally to age-old GOP principles."

.....And, this is what they'd been working-on......FOR TWO YEARS??!!!!

323.png

EDIT:

Here you go!

screenwild3.gif

I checked the properties of your image and it said it was authored by the Huffington Post. Not exactly what I'd call a credible.

No reflection on you, of course...I appreciate you taking the time to find it.

But even if it is accurate and this guy, a Boenher staffer typed up the PDF version of the Pledge...that is a far cry from "he WROTE it".

I agree with the interviewed Congressman.

The left can't attack what's in the Pledge, because the American people agree with it.

And if you agree with the principles laid out in the Pledge to America then the author is irrelevant.

EDIT:

Here you go!

screenwild3.gif

I checked the properties of your image and it said it was authored by the Huffington Post. Not exactly what I'd call a credible.

No reflection on you, of course...I appreciate you taking the time to find it.

But even if it is accurate and this guy, a Boenher staffer typed up the PDF version of the Pledge...that is a far cry from "he WROTE it".

I agree with the interviewed Congressman.

The left can't attack what's in the Pledge, because the American people agree with it.

"Pressed about that sentence specifically, Boehner assured people: "We are not going to be any different than what we've been."

In-other-words.....they'll maintain their lobbying-efforts for a BUSHCO RERUN!!!!!!

How creative........

:rolleyes:

Save your time.

"House GOP leader John Boehner cast the "Pledge to America" as "a new governing agenda, built by listening to the American people, :rolleyes: that offers a new way forward." But he also acknowledged that it lacked specifics on important subjects like Social Security and Medicaid.

323.png

Mr. Shaman, I don't read your post...not because I'm not interested in what you have to say, but because of the use of color and the format of centering your text.

I promise you, this is only constructive criticism.

What the heck does Pelosi, Obama, etc have to do with lobbyists writing the republicans pledge thingy?

That was bad folks, and the partisans are desperately deflecting, projecting, etc.

So, it seems the "Pledge for America" - in which the Republicans are going to "take America back" for "the people".... is in fact, written by Brian Wild, a lobbyist.

Video: Former Exxon and AIG lobbyist wrote the GOP 'Pledge to America' - National Political Buzz | Examiner.com

GOP blueprint bashes special interests, written by special interests - The Hill's Pundits Blog

Discuss.

The GOP can't do anything without the approval of one special interest group or another..

Save your time.

323.png

Mr. Shaman, I don't read your post...not because I'm not interested in what you have to say, but because of the use of color and the format of centering your text.

I promise you, this is only constructive criticism.

Not a prob!!

There are a lot o' people who prefer voluntary-ignorance!!!

Discuss.

Not surprised by this, at all. Lobbyist puppet-masters are SOP for both parties. It's solid criticism of the Pledge, but I think a harder-hitting criticism is how vague it is. There's not the concrete proposals I was looking for. I would've like to have seen specific legislation, specific items in the budget to be cut, and a time-line. Something the GOP could be held responsible for if elected to a House majority. But I guess, as far as political strategy goes, being definite in the proposals could back-fire. I got the feeling that Boehner, et al, weren't really trying... just regurgitating the same slogans and hoping that would be enough. Maybe it will be, but I wanted more from them.

An example of what I'm talking about. Reducing the budget is kind of a BFD...

Cut Government Spending to Pre-
Stimulus, Pre-Bailout Levels

With common-sense exceptions for
seniors, veterans, and our troops, we will
roll back government spending to pre-
stimulus, pre-bailout levels, saving us at
least $100 billion in the first year alone and
putting us on a path to begin paying down
the debt, balancing the budget, and ending
the spending spree in Washington that
threatens our children’s future.

Establish a Hard Cap on New
Discretionary Spending

We must put common-sense limits on
the growth of government and stop the
endless increases. Only in Washington is
there an expectation that whatever your
budget was last year, it will be more this
year and even more the next. We will set
strict budget caps to limit federal spending
on an annual basis. Budget caps were used
in the 1990s, when a Republican Congress
was able to bring the budget into balance
and eventual surplus. By cutting
discretionary spending from current levels
and imposing a hard cap on future growth,
we will save taxpayers hundreds of billions
of dollars.

:confused: I would like to know what "common sense" actually means here. What will the budget cap be, which items of discretionary spending will be cut and by how much?

eta--sorry about the messed-up formatting.
If you promise anything specific, then the voters and the opposition will hold you to it. A great politician can talk for an hour, everyone cheers, but when asked what did he say? No one knows.

Discuss.

The GOP can't do anything without the approval of one special interest group or another..

Hell.....they're (even) MORE-desperate, than THAT!!!!
544.gif

"Either Republicans still don’t know that Colbert’s “I love the GOP” shtick is all an act or perhaps they don’t care as long as someone of any stature offers support for their “Pledge” scheme."

529.gif

I am still trying to figure out why a former lobbyist now on boehners staff writing the pledge if he did, is a big deal...help me out here.

If you promise anything specific, then the voters and the opposition will hold you to it. A great politician can talk for an hour, everyone cheers, but when asked what did he say? No one knows.

Here is something we agree on.

I think this is a big problem for Tea Party Candidates...they say what they mean instead of tap dancing around and never answering a direct question with a direct answer like the politicians we're used to.

New Topics

Forum List

Back