"Pledge for America" written by lobbyist

What, that you SCREAM in the op about eeeeeeeeeeeeeevil lobbyists, and when you realize you can't get away with it, you try to sneak in a CYA, oh yeah, lobbyists wrote most of Obama's big ideas like health care. :eusa_shhh:

Your entire thread is busted as a big hypocritical tempest in a tea pot.

Nice try!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

It would be "busted" if I ever claimed that Dems don't do this. I didn't even profer an opinion on the OP subject. Your projection of what you "think" is my opinion is entirely in your head, not mine.

Now, do you have an actual post, or should I just ignore you?

Oh PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You go ahead and "ignore" me and prove I was right about everything I said, you know it, and all you can do is run behind your little ignore button, because you don't have a genuine answer.

It was an obvious attack on the "New" Contract with America.

And you can claim you know Dems do this as well but where is your thread decrying lobbyists writing the healthcare bill as you decry Republicans in the op?

All you have to do is produce it, and I'll withdraw the charge of you being a hypocrite.

Until then, you can BLEAT all you want. But it's pretty obvious, you just posted the latest attack from your DNC buddies, and only offered a mea culpa AFTER it became obvious (in the thread), that the hypocrisy was all too obvious.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

It makes no difference to me whether you choose to continue your asinine attempt at a "gotcha", or actually take part in the thread. But it's not worth my time.

If it helps you sleep better, believe that I'm a "hypocrite". I truly don't give a shit.

And we know Noooooooooooooooooooooo lobbyists are involved with the Democrats or Obama, right????????

Hilariously hypocritical. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

This is not an attack teapartysamurai, but two wrongs dont make a right....

Why cant the GOP just sit down and write this stuff themselves?
Im asking a serious question here too.... what are we paying them to do?

Im sick of lobbyists.... just plain sick of them all!

It would be "busted" if I ever claimed that Dems don't do this. I didn't even profer an opinion on the OP subject. Your projection of what you "think" is my opinion is entirely in your head, not mine.

Now, do you have an actual post, or should I just ignore you?

Oh PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You go ahead and "ignore" me and prove I was right about everything I said, you know it, and all you can do is run behind your little ignore button, because you don't have a genuine answer.

It was an obvious attack on the "New" Contract with America.

And you can claim you know Dems do this as well but where is your thread decrying lobbyists writing the healthcare bill as you decry Republicans in the op?

All you have to do is produce it, and I'll withdraw the charge of you being a hypocrite.

Until then, you can BLEAT all you want. But it's pretty obvious, you just posted the latest attack from your DNC buddies, and only offered a mea culpa AFTER it became obvious (in the thread), that the hypocrisy was all too obvious.

It makes no difference to me whether you choose to continue your asinine attempt at a "gotcha", or actually take part in the thread. But it's not worth my time.

If it helps you sleep better, believe that I'm a "hypocrite". I truly don't give a shit.

BWHAHAAA!

YOU ARE SUCH A HYPOCRITE!

WHO THE HELL IS PLAYING GOTCHA HERE?????????

Aren't YOU trying to play gotcha with your "hey the contract with american was written by lobbyists."

NOW YOU WHINE because I point out what utter BS and hypocrisy this all is???????

It is YOU that tried to play gotcha, and then you "demand" a "serious discussion" of your little gotcha ploy???????

HAR DE HAR HAR!!

YOU AREN'T FOOLING ANYONE PAL!

But it's pretty damn hilarious you keep trying!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

And we know Noooooooooooooooooooooo lobbyists are involved with the Democrats or Obama, right????????

Who cares who wrote the damn thing, if you agree with it's content?

I don't give a damn if Obama wrote it, if I agree with it.

If Obama EVAH writes ANYTHING, I agree with, I'm sure civilization will end as we know it, BUT, if it did, I wouldn't care that he wrote it.

Hell, I'd be glad, if he had such a change in heart, but I know it's never going to happen.

That's a ludicrous charge against it in the first place.

But for a liberal to attack it on that charge, given how many lobbyists are involved with their "messiah" is so hypocritical, I just can't let it slide.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

If Obama EVAH writes ANYTHING, I agree with, I'm sure civilization will end as we know it, BUT, if it did, I wouldn't care that he wrote it.

Hell, I'd be glad, if he had such a change in heart, but I know it's never going to happen.

But for a liberal to attack it on that charge, given how many lobbyists are involved with their "messiah" is so hypocritical, I just can't let it slide.

I hear ya and I agree with you.... I just wish that the GOP would write this stuff themselves.... I liked most all of its contents. I just wish I knew it was from their hearts.

Hell... I will go to DC and write the stuff for them.

I do agree with your hypocracy statement.... its very ironic for them to point it out when the right does it and then its all :eusa_shhh: when it has an D by it.....

Why don't you point out where I "attacked" anything?

Look, I know you are a liberal, and because of that, I know you think we are all stupid as hell and would NEVER be able to figure out your ploys and tactics.

But it is OBVIOUS AS HELL that the orders going out from Obama, Dean and the DNC et al, is attach "Wall Street," NAFTA, lobbyists etc to Republicans.

They have been SCREAMING it in every ad and commercial against a Republican.

You think saying, "The "Pledge for America".... brought to you by AIG, ExxonMobil, etc." isn't an attack? PUHLEASSSSE!!!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Bullshit, you know damn WELL it's an attack.

You want to pull that utter bullshit and now pretend to be "honestly" debating?

You are pushing the talking points of the DNC THAT MUCH IS OBVIOUS AS HELL, and you don't like it, that it's getting batted back as the bullshit it is.

Your idea of "discussing" this is talking about it under the premise of the Republicans being the "great Satan" of Wall Street.

But sorry. Last time I checked Obama and the Democrats are hip deep in the same lobbyists, while bailing out all kind of Wall Street failures like big Auto.

It isn't going to work. We see it for the phony attack it is.

So, it seems the "Pledge for America" - in which the Republicans are going to "take America back" for "the people".... is in fact, written by Brian Wild, a lobbyist.

Video: Former Exxon and AIG lobbyist wrote the GOP 'Pledge to America' - National Political Buzz | Examiner.com

GOP blueprint bashes special interests, written by special interests - The Hill's Pundits Blog

The "Pledge for America".... brought to you by AIG, ExxonMobil, etc.

Discuss.
It has some really pretty pictures in it.

It begins with "America is an idea.."

No need to read any further, because it doesn't say a thing.

I think it was written by a Madison Ave. Ad. agency.

Look, I know you are a liberal, and because of that, I know you think we are all stupid as hell and would NEVER be able to figure out your ploys and tactics.

But it is OBVIOUS AS HELL that the orders going out from Obama, Dean and the DNC et al, is attach "Wall Street," NAFTA, lobbyists etc to Republicans.

They have been SCREAMING it in every ad and commercial against a Republican.

You think saying, "The "Pledge for America".... brought to you by AIG, ExxonMobil, etc." isn't an attack? PUHLEASSSSE!!!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Bullshit, you know damn WELL it's an attack.

You want to pull that utter bullshit and now pretend to be "honestly" debating?

You are pushing the talking points of the DNC THAT MUCH IS OBVIOUS AS HELL, and you don't like it, that it's getting batted back as the bullshit it is.

Your idea of "discussing" this is talking about it under the premise of the Republicans being the "great Satan" of Wall Street.

But sorry. Last time I checked Obama and the Democrats are hip deep in the same lobbyists, while bailing out all kind of Wall Street failures like big Auto.

It isn't going to work. We see it for the phony attack it is.

The Dems are as transparent as clean air... they are in trouble and they know it!

They are getting desperate, and a cornered animal is very dangerous. We have to keep our eyes on them throughout this entire election, b/c they are going to pull out ALL the stops!

So, it seems the "Pledge for America" - in which the Republicans are going to "take America back" for "the people".... is in fact, written by Brian Wild, a lobbyist.

Video: Former Exxon and AIG lobbyist wrote the GOP 'Pledge to America' - National Political Buzz | Examiner.com

GOP blueprint bashes special interests, written by special interests - The Hill's Pundits Blog

Discuss.

I find that funny as hell when we still don't know what the Obamacare bill says.

Discuss.

I find that funny as hell when we still don't know what the Obamacare bill says.

Why don't you know?

It's online. You can read it. Then you'll know exactly what it says.

Why don't you know?

Too bad those sorry fuckers didnt let us read it FIRST before they rammed it in our a**!!!!!!

Discuss.

Not surprised by this, at all. Lobbyist puppet-masters are SOP for both parties. It's solid criticism of the Pledge, but I think a harder-hitting criticism is how vague it is. There's not the concrete proposals I was looking for. I would've like to have seen specific legislation, specific items in the budget to be cut, and a time-line. Something the GOP could be held responsible for if elected to a House majority. But I guess, as far as political strategy goes, being definite in the proposals could back-fire. I got the feeling that Boehner, et al, weren't really trying... just regurgitating the same slogans and hoping that would be enough. Maybe it will be, but I wanted more from them.

An example of what I'm talking about. Reducing the budget is kind of a BFD...

Cut Government Spending to Pre-
Stimulus, Pre-Bailout Levels

With common-sense exceptions for
seniors, veterans, and our troops, we will
roll back government spending to pre-
stimulus, pre-bailout levels, saving us at
least $100 billion in the first year alone and
putting us on a path to begin paying down
the debt, balancing the budget, and ending
the spending spree in Washington that
threatens our children’s future.

Establish a Hard Cap on New
Discretionary Spending

We must put common-sense limits on
the growth of government and stop the
endless increases. Only in Washington is
there an expectation that whatever your
budget was last year, it will be more this
year and even more the next. We will set
strict budget caps to limit federal spending
on an annual basis. Budget caps were used
in the 1990s, when a Republican Congress
was able to bring the budget into balance
and eventual surplus. By cutting
discretionary spending from current levels
and imposing a hard cap on future growth,
we will save taxpayers hundreds of billions
of dollars.

:confused: I would like to know what "common sense" actually means here. What will the budget cap be, which items of discretionary spending will be cut and by how much?

eta--sorry about the messed-up formatting.

Last edited:

Discuss.

So what. Obama promised he would not hire lobbyists and the first thing he did was hire lobbyists. What about that. Criticize the republicans all you want but do not defend obama on it.

Why don't you know?

Then explain why Nancy Pelosi said they had to pass it to know what's in it?

Its kind of like she wispered in our ears.... "its OK, I will respect you in the morning" :eek:

Take a good look at my avie... OFF WITH HER HEAD!

I mean sure they put one version of the bill oneline.

But that isn't what was signed into law.

NO ONE knows all that was signed into law except the lobbyists and lawyers that wrote it.

The Democrats admit they don't know what's in the damn law. ;)

Hey teapartysammich, how about you stop trying to derail this thread? Nobody here has said that lobbyist influence is exclusive to the GOP. This is about their Pledge to America, not your fetish with strawmen. Go spray your stoopid on a different thread, preferably one in the Romper Room.

Discuss.

and hes *gasp* screwing one of them too!!!!!:eek: BEFORE he takes the gavel...

JammieWearingFool

Its kind of like she wispered in our ears.... "its OK, I will respect you in the morning" :eek:

Take a good look at my avie... OFF WITH HER HEAD!

I mean sure they put one version of the bill oneline.

But that isn't what was signed into law.

NO ONE knows all that was signed into law except the lobbyists and lawyers that wrote it.

The Democrats admit they don't know what's in the damn law. ;)

Ok, we've actually been over this before.

The version that was passed is ONLINE. In fact, it's part of the congressional record.

It was not online BEFORE it was passed. But it is NOW.

Forum List

Back