Please welcome new Moderators and farewell to another

How about these three:
* tragedy * comedy * alt-reality
or
* male * female * epic-fail

There is an amusing aspect I suppose but the real tragedy is those who have actual gender confusion. It must be hell for the poor souls especially when one considers the barbarism of the "solution"; mutilation and so called "replacement". Being convinced that you are "cured" is not the same as being able to function as one's chosen "identity" dictates. I feel very sorry for them.

Greg

Your sense of compassion is very touching Greg.
If everyone had that, we wouldn't be in such a hateful fearful mess over the LGBT issues and policies that turned into bashing one side or the other over their beliefs.

What's wrong with a body designed to do one thing
while the internal personality is the other gender?
I am born in an Asian body, but I have a Texas accent
and don't speak any Vietnamese or other Asian language.
So my voice and my speech will never sound the way I look to people.
Look at Jordan Smith whose singing voice sounds like one thing
but he looks completely different from what he sounds like when he sings.

Why can't we just accept ourselves and each other as we are,
and don't try to force or change things if that isn't natural for us?

Look at the trans-man who kept her female organs so she
got pregnant and bore a child. As a woman. But her personality/persona
INSIDE is male. And the rest of her body she presents as male.
Can we all just do the same, deal with what we've got, make the
most of it, and be okay with it?

I wonder if people understand the issue though. Gays have no confusion about their gender nor do lesbians. Even transvestites usually only have a clothing thingy happening. But genuine gender confusion? That is poorly understood and I really don't get it at all. From what I can gather though the barbaric mutilation that some go through is rarely successful and usually a disappointment. There must be a more humane way to deal with what may well be, and many in the field say, a psychological disorder. But the big question is; what would a successful treatment/result look like?

Greg

What I would recommend is offering to people who are in distress go through the same steps of "spiritual healing" used to help people to heal of anger, abuse, addictions (or anything else from "past conditions" affecting their ability to function in peace in future relations).

Once the commitment is made to forgive and let go, and all the layers of fear and anger start to peel away, then the person can come to peace with their true selves.

And once they are at peace,
THEN they can *decide* what they want to do about their physical appearance and expression. Be at peace first, then decide how you want to proceed afterwards. but not while torn in angst about it.

When people forgive, let go and heal of fears or other conditions:
this opens the door to receive greater peace, understanding and insight as to how to approach other people and situations.

The more we can FORGIVE from the past
the more we can RECEIVE from the future.
The more we empty our hearts and minds of the old,
the more new ideas and people can come into the picture.

What will the end result look like?
It depends. Nobody can dictate that for anyone else.

But as long as we agree to receive healing, then the rest of the knowledge wisdom and understanding we need will follow from there -- emptying out the old to make space for the new!

We may not be able to predict or "force" what we see in the future.
I would let go of any such expectations, and just focus on healing
whole people as mind/body/spirit first and foremost. The rest will follow from there.

But what IS the healing? Changing to look like what you're not seems like trying to live a lie. I agree that accepting yourself as you are is the basis of healing, but does that mean accepting that one is gender confused or that one is really "the other gender". I feel sure that the surgical option isn't the solution the "industry" claims it to be but I don't know what the fundamental solution really is.

Interesting that you bring up that you have a Viet tradition. You know that you are 100% Texan AND American. I would hope that in you there is NO confusion though of course there will be those who may not "get it". Their problem though.

Greg

Yes gtopa1 we agree, as with your next message about
"being at peace" <-- yes

The point is to be unconditionally accepting
where anything in the WAY of that is what
needs to be healed of and removed like a thorn in the side.

So letting go of fear or negative ill will, any bad memory
or association or energy thought or feeling.

Do all that first, and the rest will follow.

There is an amusing aspect I suppose but the real tragedy is those who have actual gender confusion. It must be hell for the poor souls especially when one considers the barbarism of the "solution"; mutilation and so called "replacement". Being convinced that you are "cured" is not the same as being able to function as one's chosen "identity" dictates. I feel very sorry for them.

Greg

Your sense of compassion is very touching Greg.
If everyone had that, we wouldn't be in such a hateful fearful mess over the LGBT issues and policies that turned into bashing one side or the other over their beliefs.

What's wrong with a body designed to do one thing
while the internal personality is the other gender?
I am born in an Asian body, but I have a Texas accent
and don't speak any Vietnamese or other Asian language.
So my voice and my speech will never sound the way I look to people.
Look at Jordan Smith whose singing voice sounds like one thing
but he looks completely different from what he sounds like when he sings.

Why can't we just accept ourselves and each other as we are,
and don't try to force or change things if that isn't natural for us?

Look at the trans-man who kept her female organs so she
got pregnant and bore a child. As a woman. But her personality/persona
INSIDE is male. And the rest of her body she presents as male.
Can we all just do the same, deal with what we've got, make the
most of it, and be okay with it?

I wonder if people understand the issue though. Gays have no confusion about their gender nor do lesbians. Even transvestites usually only have a clothing thingy happening. But genuine gender confusion? That is poorly understood and I really don't get it at all. From what I can gather though the barbaric mutilation that some go through is rarely successful and usually a disappointment. There must be a more humane way to deal with what may well be, and many in the field say, a psychological disorder. But the big question is; what would a successful treatment/result look like?

Greg

What I would recommend is offering to people who are in distress go through the same steps of "spiritual healing" used to help people to heal of anger, abuse, addictions (or anything else from "past conditions" affecting their ability to function in peace in future relations).

Once the commitment is made to forgive and let go, and all the layers of fear and anger start to peel away, then the person can come to peace with their true selves.

And once they are at peace,
THEN they can *decide* what they want to do about their physical appearance and expression. Be at peace first, then decide how you want to proceed afterwards. but not while torn in angst about it.

When people forgive, let go and heal of fears or other conditions:
this opens the door to receive greater peace, understanding and insight as to how to approach other people and situations.

The more we can FORGIVE from the past
the more we can RECEIVE from the future.
The more we empty our hearts and minds of the old,
the more new ideas and people can come into the picture.

What will the end result look like?
It depends. Nobody can dictate that for anyone else.

But as long as we agree to receive healing, then the rest of the knowledge wisdom and understanding we need will follow from there -- emptying out the old to make space for the new!

We may not be able to predict or "force" what we see in the future.
I would let go of any such expectations, and just focus on healing
whole people as mind/body/spirit first and foremost. The rest will follow from there.

But what IS the healing? Changing to look like what you're not seems like trying to live a lie. I agree that accepting yourself as you are is the basis of healing, but does that mean accepting that one is gender confused or that one is really "the other gender". I feel sure that the surgical option isn't the solution the "industry" claims it to be but I don't know what the fundamental solution really is.

Interesting that you bring up that you have a Viet tradition. You know that you are 100% Texan AND American. I would hope that in you there is NO confusion though of course there will be those who may not "get it". Their problem though.

Greg

Yes gtopa1 we agree, as with your next message about
"being at peace" <-- yes

The point is to be unconditionally accepting
where anything in the WAY of that is what
needs to be healed of and removed like a thorn in the side.

So letting go of fear or negative ill will, any bad memory
or association or energy thought or feeling.

Do all that first, and the rest will follow.
There are a variety of ways of doing that, of course, and I must admit that I follow a religious path in my own way. But it concerns me when I know of those who are perhaps more vulnerable being / become influenced by adherents to a political agenda of "what is right" for a group when what is right for each person may well be a variety of options and often some that change over time. As I have said I don't KNOW what is right for them as a group but what I do know is that you are quite right; acting while not at peace with yourself rarely ends well.

Greg

Last edited:
I wish them congrats but remember that the flare of this board is the reality that people have always been able to get rough with one another. Becoming another normal political board isn't a good idea and I hope the admins don't do it.
I hate when roughing with someone it turns, without notice, into civility. It takes all the "flare" out of my sails and I can't bring myself to "rough" with that poster any more.

Oh, the philosophy section.

Nature abhors the nonconformist, unless it is superior in some way to the predecessor. Most of our lives are spent conforming to the need to provide for ourselves (work), regenerating (sleeping, eating and other functions), connecting to others (education, religion and sports). So self expression and individuality have always come at a price. To expect any different is to deny who and what we are. As an example fighting the aging process.

Nature abhors the nonconformist, unless it is superior in some way to the predecessor. Most of our lives are spent conforming to the need to provide for ourselves (work), regenerating (sleeping, eating and other functions), connecting to others (education, religion and sports). So self expression and individuality have always come at a price. To expect any different is to deny who and what we are. As an example fighting the aging process.

Little kitty, I didn't get enough sleep to absorb what you just wrote there :eusa_doh:

What's needed I think are quadruple Espresso shots :smoke:

25d3d638a4659aeb0522754ba07ec659.jpg

25d3d638a4659aeb0522754ba07ec659.jpg

My favourite coffee is Costa Rican.

I recommend Café Britt Espresso, excellent and available from Amazon.

Costa-Rican-Espresso-Whole-bean.jpg

If people like a good strong coffee I recommend Café 1820 Grano Entero Clasico Costa Rican whole bean, also available from Amazon.

61w8luG3SiL._SX522_.jpg

OK Lucy Hamilton that's it.
We need a new acronym instead of LGBTQ for you.
How about QCOPG
"Questioning and Confused about Other People's Gender"

(Personally I prefer WTF, or the expanded form WTFFF???
But if that's not on Facebook's list of 58 genders, we need something!)

View attachment 114955

Pierson Puppeteers have three sexes.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

Three Sexes?
as in He/She/It?

[bump music kicks in
"All the Sexes live in Texus"
by George Not-So-Strait]
...All the Sexes Live in Texus
And Montrose is the Gayest place you'll ever see
Cuz All the Sexes live in Texus
So why march around on Washingtun DC?...
.. When Ray Hill signs a Gay Bill that's enough to make it law
Them Lesbiuns 'n' Thesbiuns: Is it art or erotica?
Ain't nowhere else in the Babble Belt so fulla homo, uh, "spirituality"
Thar no "gay's" or "bi's" in my God's eyes
We're all ONE funky family!
..All the Sexes Live in Texus
And Montrose is the one place I c'n find some "piece"
Yes all the Sex is here in Texus
You c'n git in on the phone or off the streets!...

I see it more like he, she and tragedy.

Greg

How about these three:
* tragedy * comedy * alt-reality
or
* male * female * epic-fail

Greg

I agree Greg I feel very sorry for them as well, they were dealt a cruel hand of cards in this life, being confused not knowing if they're male or female in their minds. They certainly should not be used as a Political Cause and paraded in front of the cameras, to me this is cruel and manipulative.

I don't think the solution for these souls is the barbarism of mutilation and replacement, I think they need to be given psychological help to deal with their obvious psychological issues, I agree with the scientists who say that this is a psychological infliction.

You should start a new thread on this in Philosophy.

To your point, I think/know there is mutual benefit in belonging to a society.

The lone wolf approach holds more freedom but it is also more vulnerable as well.

Angel is now a civilian :crybaby:
stoppppitttt!

dammit...:sad:

"stoppppitttt!

dammit...:sad:"

Just think of the positives now you're on the outside.

You don't have to wear that Hazmat suit anymore, look how anguished they all look, except for Westwall in the middle, he looks disturbingly happy....what does Westwall know that the others don't? Uh-oh potential evil drama :omg:

steamworks-minifig-lego-5794381-o.jpg

Just think you'll never have to venture into the darkest areas anymore, Coyote had to quickly beat a retreat from the CDZ earlier today after it was mass invaded by Out of Control Zombie Trolls, here's the photo Hot Off The Presses of her frightening encounter :eek-52:

maxresdefault.jpg

This forum is not a money maker. It's run at a loss mostly but for all of FF's forums it used to take a lot of their attention. Crazy stuff. And 99.99% of their forums just work like normal forums. No games. No power struggles, etc. but this place... Oy the vey!!!

Since I've come back, what's surprised me more than anything is it has been running mostly admin'less for quite a while and that would have spelled disaster at one time. It was handled easily this time. This place has been running better than I can ever remember.

Forum List

Back