Please stop pandering to stupid people.

catzmeow

Gold Member
Aug 14, 2008
Gunshine State
If people make stupid posts, or a stupid thread, and the mods believe it has gone off track or is quickly disintegrating into a morass of stupid, there are other options than deleting/moving the thread...lock it or move it to the retard zone.

Years of experience at forum modding suggests to me, at least, that thread deletions merely encourage stupid people to repeat their mistakes time and time again, and increases the amount of whining you have to deal with. A worse punishment for this behavior is to lock the thread and put it in a holding cell, such as the rubber room. When you delete threads, you are depriving people of an opportunity to learn from their mistakes.

Just saying...

Last edited:
If people make stupid posts, or a stupid thread, and the mods believe it has gone off track or is quickly disintegrating into a morass of stupid, there are other options than deleting/moving the thread...lock it or move it to the retard zone.

Years of experience at forum modding suggests to me, at least, that thread deletions merely encourage stupid people to repeat their mistakes time and time again, and increases the amount of whining you have to deal with. A worse punishment for this behavior is to lock the thread and put it in a holding cell, such as the rubber room. When you delete threads, you are depriving people of an opportunity to learn from their mistakes.

Just saying...

Nothing drives a troll crazier than a wordless dismissal.:D

• Banned

Just saying...

Nothing drives a troll crazier than a wordless dismissal.:D

^troll fail.

Forum List

Back