please rob me.. are you sharing too much online?

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
SAN FRANCISCO — As more people reveal their whereabouts on social networks, a new site has sprung up to remind you that letting everyone know where you are — and, by extension, where you're not — could leave you vulnerable to those with less-than-friendly intentions.

The site's name says it all: Please Rob Me.

Are you tweeting ?Please Rob Me?? Sharing data is risky :: Editor?s Blog at Local Tech Wire

with it just being me and da man i dont worry too much about sharing info....

but i have seen parents discuss being out of town and thier teenagers staying at home....to me it was like a flashing light for sex offenders...but that is just me

• Thanks
Reactions: del
Very worrisome.

I think I broadcast too much, but i kind of doubt people could gather too much about me online. Not that they would want to. There is no cash to steal, no credit cards, and the computer equipment is all older than 4 years.

I posted this last week. You and I think alike bones. Maybe gunny can make me a pretend mod too!

My older son has 1200 "friends" on his facebook. He has a myspace, twitter, and youtube channel. I'm sure there's other sites as well. I cannot even go to the grocery store without running into some random person who says "I was checking out J.'s facebook page and ...." My colleagues and students know more about what's going on with that kid than I do. I find it very, very creepy.

Like those idiot kids that announce their parties online to invite their friends and end up with hundreds of gatecrashers wrecking their parents houses while their away!

Forum List

Back