Please Remain Seated

An EXCELLENT comment from the link...

The teen faulted Mexican students, saying they shouldn’t have lowered the American flag in favor of a Mexican flag on Sept. 16, 2004.

Well...why not...after all the president has.

Sorry...just being fascicious.

It's our respect. We want people to respect our country and our flag, we should do the same.

....affect his enlistment....that is just bull. In both the P.I. and Italy, we stood at our host countries national anthem..and any other anthem that was played.

A sign of respect is not a sign of allegiance.

GotZoom said:
It's our respect. We want people to respect our country and our flag, we should do the same.

....affect his enlistment....that is just bull. In both the P.I. and Italy, we stood at our host countries national anthem..and any other anthem that was played.

A sign of respect is not a sign of allegiance.
True Zoom..and if it went both ways I'd agree 100%.

I don't mind when people who are not U.S. citizens don't stand for our national anthem. I say that as long as you keep silent and don't disturb anyone, you shouldn't be made to stand for any national symbol that is not yours. Oh, and the only flag that EVER gets to fly even as high as the U.S. flag on U.S. soil is the Texas flag, and then only on Texas soil, and the Texan flag cannot be higher. Raising the Mexican flag over the American flag on U.S. soil is, hmmm, I'm gonna go with an abomination. It's borderline sedition, and would be sedition if we considered those corrupt fat-cats running Mexico enemies instead of allies.

Hobbit said:
I don't mind when people who are not U.S. citizens don't stand for our national anthem. I say that as long as you keep silent and don't disturb anyone, you shouldn't be made to stand for any national symbol that is not yours. Oh, and the only flag that EVER gets to fly even as high as the U.S. flag on U.S. soil is the Texas flag, and then only on Texas soil, and the Texan flag cannot be higher. Raising the Mexican flag over the American flag on U.S. soil is, hmmm, I'm gonna go with an abomination. It's borderline sedition, and would be sedition if we considered those corrupt fat-cats running Mexico enemies instead of allies.

If you are in our country, you will show respect for our country.

Simply be courteous. I say again, respect (and courtesy) is not allegience.

And not standing woud disturb me.

You are right Mr. P - but respect is almost always a one way street.

And the ones who "choose" not to respect, well, their right to "not respect" often has more importance of those who do "respect."

GotZoom said:
If you are in our country, you will show respect for our country.

Simply be courteous. I say again, respect (and courtesy) is not allegience.

And not standing woud disturb me.

You are right Mr. P - but respect is almost always a one way street.

And the ones who "choose" not to respect, well, their right to "not respect" often has more importance of those who do "respect."

Correct, Unfortunately …In our “Multi-Cultural” society we are rapidly loosing
the “United” from the “United States of America”.

One of our past Presidents, Roosevelt or Truman maybe, I forget, said
something like, this Country can’t survive with multiple cultures. I think he was right.

Mr. P said:
An EXCELLENT comment from the link...

Tried to point you, Mr. P, but I've got to wait a while. I agree - an excellent comment - a quick, savage stab to the heart of the matter!

Forum List

Back