Please Post Reasons Why You Want Obama to Raise Taxes Here. Thanks!

Raising taxes loses jobs. If a business owner pays more in taxes he has less topay his help. If a business owner has to pay more taxes he has to charge more for his goods and services.
If government has more revenue they expand and hire more people that need more $ that demand more tases that need more people that need more taxes that need more people that need more taxes thagt need more people that need more taxes.
People, not corporations, pay taxes. All a corporation EVER does is collect the taxes in increased prices.

Ah.....so success and entrepreneurship is dependent on government? If the mean old government raises the taxes on the wealthy, they will pout, have a hissy fit and refuse to be successful and not hire people...

Maybe they didn't get your memo...HOW did Bush's tax cuts stimulate jobs pea brain???

clinton-bush-job-growth.png

Gee...I wonder how many of those jobs Clinton is creditied with were jobs in the Dot.com industry.

And I wonder how many of those dot com jobs lost, that never should have been to begin with, were put into Bush's column.

That's pretty-much THE big-problem for FAUX-Noisies....and, Dead-O-Heads.....they keep wonderin' ('cause that thinkin'-stuff hurts, too-much).....until Porky & FAUX Noise come-along and fill that gap....between their ears.​

The main and only reason is...to PAY for everything that Bush didn't during the last 8 years.

Yeah....all $160 billion of it.

The rest of the $1.4 trillion belongs to Obama and the Dems.

WHAT?????? What a fucking pea brain!

THE RECKONING
The Iraq War Will Cost Us $3 Trillion, and Much More

By Linda J. Bilmes and Joseph E. Stiglitz
Sunday, March 9, 2008

There is no such thing as a free lunch, and there is no such thing as a free war. The Iraq adventure has seriously weakened the U.S. economy, whose woes now go far beyond loose mortgage lending. You can't spend $3 trillion -- yes, $3 trillion -- on a failed war abroad and not feel the pain at home.
The Iraq War Will Cost Us $3 Trillion, and Much More - washingtonpost.com

Who's To Blame for the Massive Deficit?

So what's the final score? Let's use an analogy. Obama's FY2009 performance is like a relief pitcher who enters a game in the fourth inning trailing 19-0 and allows another run to score. The extra run is nothing to cheer about, of course, but fans should be far angrier with the starting pitcher.

Is Bush or Obama to Blame for the Massive Deficit?

Daniel J. Mitchell is a senior fellow at the Cato Institute.

The Bush Tax Cuts Cost Two and a Half Times as Much as the House Democrats’ Health Care Proposal

http://www.ctj.org/pdf/bushtaxcutsvshealthcare.pdf

CBO Data Show Tax Cuts Have Played Much Larger Role than Domestic Spending Increases in Fueling the Deficit

CBO Data Show Tax Cuts Have Played Much Larger Role than Domestic Spending Increases in Fueling the Deficit — Center on Budget and Policy Priorities
1-25-05bud-f1.jpg

Raising taxes loses jobs. If a business owner pays more in taxes he has less topay his help. If a business owner has to pay more taxes he has to charge more for his goods and services.
If government has more revenue they expand and hire more people that need more $ that demand more tases that need more people that need more taxes that need more people that need more taxes thagt need more people that need more taxes.
People, not corporations, pay taxes. All a corporation EVER does is collect the taxes in increased prices.

Ah.....so success and entrepreneurship is dependent on government? If the mean old government raises the taxes on the wealthy, they will pout, have a hissy fit and refuse to be successful and not hire people...

Maybe they didn't get your memo...HOW did Bush's tax cuts stimulate jobs pea brain???

clinton-bush-job-growth.png

Gee...I wonder how many of those jobs Clinton is creditied with were jobs in the Dot.com industry.

And I wonder how many of those dot com jobs lost, that never should have been to begin with, were put into Bush's column.

The dot.com/Clinton canard is very boring at this point.

The bubble phase of dot.com was 99 '00. Clinton was president for 8 years, not 2.

The stock market rose 200% over the course of Clinton's presidency, even with the bursting of the dot.com bubble taking itself out of the equation.

The stock market FELL over the course of Bush's presidency. Close to a lost decade.

Please help us Conservatives understand this. Thanks.

The Tax Tsunami On The Horizon - IBD - Investors.com

Obama doesn't have to raise taxes. Bush's tax bill restores higher taxes next year. That has nothing to do with Obama.

Better questions are:

1. Why, if you do, do you want Obama to exacerbate the deficit by lowering taxes?

2. Who has a plan to pay for tax cuts?

Lower taxes to businesses by offering them a tax break for every employee they hire. New employees will have income taxes and the empoloyers will also pay the tax match. Unemployment will go down and there will be more of a pool of unemployment funds.

It is not rocket science. It is pretty basic economics.

How are you paying for that tax cut?

btw, businesses hire when they NEED workers, they don't hire workers they don't need because their cost is reduced a few percentage points by a tax break.

I support raising taxes on all of those who pay no federal income tax... and I would support a raise as in a flat tax to ensure others paying lower rates would pay the same exact rate on every last dollar earned.
.....With the same-tax-rates on Capital Gain$....as well??!!!!

:eusa_eh:

I stated.. same tax rate on every dollar earned from every last citizen... no exceptions... I don't care if you make $10 or $10MIL
I could easily consider that!!

Now ya' gotta try to sell that to people like "Sweet" Stevie Forbes.

Good luck with THAT!!

The people do not want others to pay for them and they do not want to pay for the others.

The majority of the people do not want a society of "share the wealth"

The majority of the people want a society of personal responsibility.

And the majority of the pople are well aware that if they must pay for things THROUGH the government via taxes, those things will be more expensive and harder to get.

Your opinion is unsupported. Most Americans do NOT want to get rid of Social Security, Medicare, the public schools, the military, the post office, Medicaid, state and local governments building and maintaining their transportation infrastructures...

...all of which are the top examples of getting things that we pay for, via the government, with taxes.

Interesting.....you put in things we agree are needed...like Medicare and schools and the military, etc...and leave out things we dont agree with such as healthcare and extended unemployment benefits.

And as for SS....If most knew what woulkd happen to SS, nmost would not want it. But now that all oif us have put into it to the tune of tens of thousands and more, of course we dont want to give it up.

Give me my money back and I would say eliominate it.

Most Americans do not oppose extending unemployment benefits, so your premise is false.

I really don't think it's a ridiculous question. You really do have some people out there who want their taxes to go up... Look at MarcATL.... I know it's crazy but it's the truth.
Ask your Mom & Dad about the Clinton Years.

You needed to be there, to understand.​

Yeah, I remember the Clinton years quite well. That's when he was getting BJ's from a fat skanky liberal slut, while Bin Laden's cronies entered this country. Rented apartments. Obtained jobs. Planned the attack. Financed the attack. Entered flight school. Roamed freely. Accepted monetary wire transfers. Scoped out targets. Completed flight school, and finalized the plans for the attack all on his watch. Oh, and then there was WTC attack #1. Again on his watch.

Yeah, those Clinton years were quite tragic indeed!.......Just ask those victims families about the Clinton years. Quite tragic indeed!

Christ, liberals and those they vote for are fucking idiots!:cuckoo:

Hey pea brain, WHAT did Bush do for the first 7 months? He IGNORED the warnings he was given. Instead, he began planning an invasion of Iraq 10 days after taking office. IF bin Laden was such a major threat, WHY did Bush ignore him and WHY didn't the neocons warn Clinton instead of pushing for an invasion of Iraq?

wsj_logo.gif

Bush On Jobs: The Worst Track Record On Record

President George W. Bush entered office in 2001 just as a recession was starting, and is preparing to leave in the middle of a long one. That’s almost 22 months of recession during his 96 months in office.

His job-creation record won’t look much better. The Bush administration created about three million jobs (net) over its eight years, a fraction of the 23 million jobs created under President Bill Clinton’s administration and only slightly better than President George H.W. Bush did in his four years in office.

Here’s a look at job creation under each president since the Labor Department started keeping payroll records in 1939. The counts are based on total payrolls between the start of the month the president took office (using the final payroll count for the end of the prior December) and his final December in office.

Because the size of the economy and labor force varies, we also calculate in percentage terms how much the total payroll count expanded under each president. The current President Bush, once taking account how long he’s been in office, shows the worst track record for job creation since the government began keeping records.

Bush On Jobs: The Worst Track Record On Record - Real Time Economics - WSJ
payroll-expansion-by-presdient.png

Thanks.

SO I was correct with my assumption.

Clinton was "credited" with the jobs gained due to the dot com craze that did nothing for the GDP......
Yeah.....nothin'.....those 20M+ (newly-employed) were workin'-for-free.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.......​

We've been living way beyond our means for the last 30 years or so and now the bill has come due.

We either bite the bullet and pay it off now or pass it along to the next genertation.

Thats what "Hope and Change" was all about...

Nothing's changed and Hope has left the building...

Last edited:
wsj_logo.gif

Bush On Jobs: The Worst Track Record On Record

President George W. Bush entered office in 2001 just as a recession was starting, and is preparing to leave in the middle of a long one. That’s almost 22 months of recession during his 96 months in office.

His job-creation record won’t look much better. The Bush administration created about three million jobs (net) over its eight years, a fraction of the 23 million jobs created under President Bill Clinton’s administration and only slightly better than President George H.W. Bush did in his four years in office.

Here’s a look at job creation under each president since the Labor Department started keeping payroll records in 1939. The counts are based on total payrolls between the start of the month the president took office (using the final payroll count for the end of the prior December) and his final December in office.

Because the size of the economy and labor force varies, we also calculate in percentage terms how much the total payroll count expanded under each president. The current President Bush, once taking account how long he’s been in office, shows the worst track record for job creation since the government began keeping records.

Bush On Jobs: The Worst Track Record On Record - Real Time Economics - WSJ
payroll-expansion-by-presdient.png

Thanks.

Clinton was "credited" with the jobs gained due to the dot com craze that did nothing for the GDP......

Nope. They were getting paid with peoples 401(K)'s. And when it burst, those people lost their savings.

Thats sort of what is happening now with all of these government jobs.

We the people are paying for it and in the end we will have nothing to show for it.

But folks like you cant seem to get it.

It may be good in the short run, but it is really bad in the long run. And when you look at the long haul, you would have been better off letting things correct itself.

Yeah, I remember the Clinton years quite well. That's when he was getting BJ's from a fat skanky liberal slut, while Bin Laden's cronies entered this country. Rented apartments. Obtained jobs. Planned the attack. Financed the attack. Entered flight school. Roamed freely. Accepted monetary wire transfers. Scoped out targets. Completed flight school, and finalized the plans for the attack all on his watch. Oh, and then there was WTC attack #1. Again on his watch.

Yeah, those Clinton years were quite tragic indeed!.......Just ask those victims families about the Clinton years. Quite tragic indeed!

Christ, liberals and those they vote for are fucking idiots!:cuckoo:

Hey pea brain, WHAT did Bush do for the first 7 months? He IGNORED the warnings he was given. Instead, he began planning an invasion of Iraq 10 days after taking office. IF bin Laden was such a major threat, WHY did Bush ignore him and WHY didn't the neocons warn Clinton instead of pushing for an invasion of Iraq?
The Clinton administration had no idea what type of attack would take place. They just told the Bush administration it would., Now, tell us how it could have been prevented?....Fact is, even Clinton admitted his mistakes. Fully admitted he was a fuck up.

Fact is, had Clinton been more concerned about Bin Laden and his intentions, instead of caring more about getting BJ's from the typical liberal skank type, the attack would have never happened. Had Clinton taken out Bin Laden during any of the THREE prime opportunities he had to kill his sorry ass, the attack would have never happened.

Nice try at your ignorant liberal revisionist history but, as usual, you miserably failed!

Last edited:
Thanks.

Clinton was "credited" with the jobs gained due to the dot com craze that did nothing for the GDP and Bush was "credited" with the loss of those jobs when reality set in.

You do realize that, no?

Yea...Bush was fucking GREAT...and all Democrats are bums...

Nope. Bush by no means was great and to be frank, Clinton was not so bad once he settled in. Obama had a chance to be a great President, but so far his ideology has gotten in the way.
That's what Republicans call a year-and-a-half of "NO!!!!", huh.....Obama's ideology??

How weak...... :rolleyes:

Who wants to pay more..... unless they're an idiot. I wonder if these same dipshits run a round town looking for the highest price on sneakers that they can find?

Laughable.

Last edited:
Yea...Bush was fucking GREAT...and all Democrats are bums...

Nope. Bush by no means was great and to be frank, Clinton was not so bad once he settled in. Obama had a chance to be a great President, but so far his ideology has gotten in the way.
That's what Republicans call a year-and-a-half of "NO!!!!", huh.....Obama's ideology??

How weak...... :rolleyes:

LOL...well welll well....so your true colors come out.

If you had any knowledge of waht was really going on in congress you would not have referred to the "No" thing.

Only the left wing blog readers believe that NO thing.

People who are up on the ideas presented, the votes, the debates, the issues know that the NO thing was a left wing talking point and not really accurate.

You sir, are a phony. You are nothing more than a regurgitator of left wing blog postings.

Yep. You sir, are a phony.

I really don't think it's a ridiculous question. You really do have some people out there who want their taxes to go up... Look at MarcATL.... I know it's crazy but it's the truth.

Yeah, I remember the Clinton years quite well. That's when he was getting BJ's from a fat skanky liberal slut......

Thanks.

Nope. They were getting paid with peoples 401(K)'s. And when it burst, those people lost their savings.

Thats sort of what is happening now with all of these government jobs.

We the people are paying for it and in the end we will have nothing to show for it.

But folks like you cant seem to get it.

It may be good in the short run, but it is really bad in the long run. And when you look at the long haul, you would have been better off letting things correct itself.

And HERE is where your right wingers ALWAYS fail. There is never one single penny of human capital in your 'solutions'

During the Great Depression, conservatives were critical of New Deal programs for the unemployed. They said the economy if left alone, would recover in the long run. Secretary of Commerce Harry Hopkins replied":: "People don't eat in the long run, they eat every day."

Right wing solutions are great, just as long as some group of human being evaporate...

Forum List

Back