Please Post Reasons Why You Want Obama to Raise Taxes Here. Thanks!

Please help us Conservatives understand this. Thanks.

The Tax Tsunami On The Horizon - IBD - Investors.com

Please post why you hate your fellow Americans. You ask a ridiculous question, you get a ridiculous response.

I really don't think it's a ridiculous question. You really do have some people out there who want their taxes to go up... Look at MarcATL.... I know it's crazy but it's the truth.
Ask your Mom & Dad about the Clinton Years.

You needed to be there, to understand.​

Bush: 'Our Long National Nightmare Of Peace And Prosperity Is Finally Over'

Bush-Nightmare_jpg_250x1000_q85.jpg

Last edited:
Gee...I wonder how many of those jobs Clinton is creditied with were jobs in the Dot.com industry.

And I wonder how many of those dot com jobs lost, that never should have been to begin with, were put into Bush's column.

wsj_logo.gif

Bush On Jobs: The Worst Track Record On Record

President George W. Bush entered office in 2001 just as a recession was starting, and is preparing to leave in the middle of a long one. That’s almost 22 months of recession during his 96 months in office.

His job-creation record won’t look much better. The Bush administration created about three million jobs (net) over its eight years, a fraction of the 23 million jobs created under President Bill Clinton’s administration and only slightly better than President George H.W. Bush did in his four years in office.

Here’s a look at job creation under each president since the Labor Department started keeping payroll records in 1939. The counts are based on total payrolls between the start of the month the president took office (using the final payroll count for the end of the prior December) and his final December in office.

Because the size of the economy and labor force varies, we also calculate in percentage terms how much the total payroll count expanded under each president. The current President Bush, once taking account how long he’s been in office, shows the worst track record for job creation since the government began keeping records.

Bush On Jobs: The Worst Track Record On Record - Real Time Economics - WSJ
payroll-expansion-by-presdient.png

Thanks.

SO I was correct with my assumption.

Clinton was "credited" with the jobs gained due to the dot com craze that did nothing for the GDP and Bush was "credited" with the loss of those jobs when reality set in.

You do realize that, no?

Yea...Bush was fucking GREAT...and all Democrats are bums...

Please post why you hate your fellow Americans. You ask a ridiculous question, you get a ridiculous response.

I really don't think it's a ridiculous question. You really do have some people out there who want their taxes to go up... Look at MarcATL.... I know it's crazy but it's the truth.

Another winger link... imagine that :rolleyes:

wsj_logo.gif

Bush On Jobs: The Worst Track Record On Record

President George W. Bush entered office in 2001 just as a recession was starting, and is preparing to leave in the middle of a long one. That’s almost 22 months of recession during his 96 months in office.

His job-creation record won’t look much better. The Bush administration created about three million jobs (net) over its eight years, a fraction of the 23 million jobs created under President Bill Clinton’s administration and only slightly better than President George H.W. Bush did in his four years in office.

Here’s a look at job creation under each president since the Labor Department started keeping payroll records in 1939. The counts are based on total payrolls between the start of the month the president took office (using the final payroll count for the end of the prior December) and his final December in office.

Because the size of the economy and labor force varies, we also calculate in percentage terms how much the total payroll count expanded under each president. The current President Bush, once taking account how long he’s been in office, shows the worst track record for job creation since the government began keeping records.

Bush On Jobs: The Worst Track Record On Record - Real Time Economics - WSJ
payroll-expansion-by-presdient.png

Thanks.

Clinton was "credited" with the jobs gained due to the dot com craze that did nothing for the GDP and Bush was "credited" with the loss of those jobs when reality set in.

You do realize that, no?

Nope. Bush by no means was great and to be frank, Clinton was not so bad once he settled in. Obama had a chance to be a great President, but so far his ideology has gotten in the way.

FYI...If Hillary won the primary, she would have had my vote.

So, I suggest you read my posts with a more open mind. We may actually enjoy debating each other.

Raising taxes during uncertain economic times is perhaps the worse thing which could be done. Even John Maynard Keynes, the original 'vodoo' economist would not support raising taxes in our current situation if the goal is promoting economic growth. The truth is that Obama and his administration have proven time and time again they have no interest in recovery. Their interest is in control. The financial regulation bill signed yesterday is proof of that.

Yea moron, let's allow the banks to trash our economy again...

What is it with you right wing pea brains? Is it a Monica Lewinsky worship of the wealthy? THEY are the ones that fucked us...maybe you like being fucked...

I understand your frustration and but I do not worship the wealthy. Wealthy is a broad term and refers to a very diverse group of people. Traditionally, the only way one became wealthy was to provide a good or a service which consumers found valuable and chose to consume. The trouble is, politicians got involved and gave out special favors, contracts, and other perks to businesses which supported them and gave them sweetheart deals. This severely distorted the market and put us in the situation we are in today. Bill Gates, or any other businessman has no power to force consumers to purchase anything. On the other hand, someone like Al Gore can lobby Congress to pass legislation requiring people to purchase certain mandatory things for 'environmental compliance' and if his company is the first in town, he will profit. I would classify this as plunder. Those are the two ways one acquires wealth.

Jarhead, who is "the people?"

And are you saying that "the people" DON'T want to pay for all the things they want?

IF that being the case...is that not the problem right there?

The people do not want others to pay for them and they do not want to pay for the others.

The majority of the people do not want a society of "share the wealth"

The majority of the people want a society of personal responsibility.

And the majority of the pople are well aware that if they must pay for things THROUGH the government via taxes, those things will be more expensive and harder to get.

Why does it have to be so black and white, so all or nothing? If that was the case, then when your house catches on fire, you put it out. You get robbed? Tough luck, you figure out who did it. You want cheap, abundant, edible food free of disease? That's your job to ensure. The list goes on....
Easy, there!!

You're gonna end-up scarin'-off ALL of the (wannabe) "Libertarians"!!!!!

:scared1:

Thanks.

You do realize that, no?

Nope. Bush by no means was great and to be frank, Clinton was not so bad once he settled in. Obama had a chance to be a great President, but so far his ideology has gotten in the way.

So, I suggest you read my posts with a more open mind. We may actually enjoy debating each other.

THE issue of this thread is tax cuts. Tell me, DID the Bush tax cuts create jobs???

BUT, but, but...Bush is not responsible for what Obama inherited! SO, If you want to blame Clinton for Bush's poor jobs performance, then Barack Obama is the best president in history...

Your 'ideology' argument is bullshit...Obama has catered to the people who will never vote for him...

I am waiting for him to show his liberal agenda.

jobs_graph_large_feb10-thumb-600x350.gif

According to the loonytunes on this board, in doing so you will make the "rich" pay their "fare share" and eliminate the debt.

Problem - If you confiscated every dollar of wealth from every man, woman, child and business in the U.S. you'd still fall $50 TRILLION short of meeting all the obligations we have taken on.
YEAH!!!

LET'S HEAR IT FOR THE STATUS QUO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

big-play-motor.jpg

050902_katrina_suffering.jpg

Jarhead, who is "the people?"

And are you saying that "the people" DON'T want to pay for all the things they want?

IF that being the case...is that not the problem right there?

The people do not want others to pay for them and they do not want to pay for the others.

And the majority of the pople are well aware that if they must pay for things THROUGH the government via taxes, those things will be more expensive and harder to get.
Once again, Jarhead, you've ran off into pure ideological nonsensical rhetoric.

All of what you said is opinion...none of it is fact.

Snap out of it!

Consider the(ir) Source.......

:rolleyes:

Please help us Conservatives understand this. Thanks.

The Tax Tsunami On The Horizon - IBD - Investors.com

Obama doesn't have to raise taxes. Bush's tax bill restores higher taxes next year. That has nothing to do with Obama.

Better questions are:

1. Why, if you do, do you want Obama to exacerbate the deficit by lowering taxes?

2. Who has a plan to pay for tax cuts?

1. Nonsense.
2. Ignorance.

There ya go. Buh Bye.​
aka The 'Baggers' Best!!

uglylucker.jpg

THE issue of this thread is tax cuts. Tell me, DID the Bush tax cuts create jobs???

BUT, but, but...Bush is not responsible for what Obama inherited! SO, If you want to blame Clinton for Bush's poor jobs performance, then Barack Obama is the best president in history...

Your 'ideology' argument is bullshit...Obama has catered to the people who will never vote for him...

I am waiting for him to show his liberal agenda.

jobs_graph_large_feb10-thumb-600x350.gif

You just dont WANT to understand what I write. You simply want to find a way to take it out of context.
SO to me, you are a complete waste of my time.
I can not respond to what you say becuase you obviously will spin whatever response I give you.

Your opinion is unsupported. Most Americans do NOT want to get rid of Social Security, Medicare, the public schools, the military, the post office, Medicaid, state and local governments building and maintaining their transportation infrastructures...

...all of which are the top examples of getting things that we pay for, via the government, with taxes.

Interesting.....you put in things we agree are needed...like Medicare and schools and the military, etc...and leave out things we dont agree with such as healthcare and extended unemployment benefits.

And as for SS....If most knew what woulkd happen to SS, nmost would not want it. But now that all oif us have put into it to the tune of tens of thousands and more, of course we dont want to give it up.

Give me my money back and I would say eliominate it.
Consider investing it in spelling-lessons/basic-English.

:rolleyes:

The main and only reason is...to PAY for everything that Bush didn't during the last 8 years.

And Bush did not pay for those things becuase the people did not expect him to or want him to.
Personal responsibility.

Or....

You can sit around every day waiting for things to happen and complain when they dont come knocking on your door with your chicken for your pot.

Get with the program. It is easier to do for yourself than to wait for others to do it for you.

And...

It is WAY more rewarding.
Post of the day!:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Yeah, I remember the Clinton years quite well. That's when he was getting BJ's from a fat skanky liberal slut, while Bin Laden's cronies entered this country. Rented apartments. Obtained jobs. Planned the attack. Financed the attack. Entered flight school. Roamed freely. Accepted monetary wire transfers. Scoped out targets. Completed flight school, and finalized the plans for the attack all on his watch. Oh, and then there was WTC attack #1. Again on his watch.

Yeah, those Clinton years were quite tragic indeed!.......Just ask those victims families about the Clinton years. Quite tragic indeed!

Christ, liberals and those they vote for are fucking idiots!:cuckoo:

Forum List

Back