Please pass the Impeachment.

both party's are owned and controlled by the same interest, impeachment is not the answer,if you really want to cast a vote i suggest you do so by purchasing a assault rifle for ever adult member of the house hold

But Bush can sure bullshit and a bullshitter doesn't care about the truth or the lie. The bullshitter only cares about conning this country into war and that he did.

Bush bullshitted and people died and his war profiteering friends are laughing all the way to the bank.

Did you know his nickname in Texas was Texas souffle.

Baseless horseshit. Did you know your nickname in Texas is "Dumbass Parrot?"

And again, that quote, as it stands, is unsupported conjecture on Cheney's part. "I have no doubt" is expressing a personal opinion. "There is no doubt" without corroboration, is the same.

There's no proveable lie, just the same as there are no proveable WMDs, even though anyone with two functioning brain cells knows Saddam possessed, manufactured and used WMDs, and acted as if he was going to continue to do so no matter the UN or US said.

"there is no doubt" is not the same as "I have no doubt". If they were the exact same, then why would we need both of them?

I have no money

vs.

there is no money

If he had no doubt, he could have said that...if he wanted to express absolute certainty, he could have done that...he chose the latter.

"there is no doubt" is not the same as "I have no doubt". If they were the exact same, then why would we need both of them?

I have no money

vs.

there is no money

If he had no doubt, he could have said that...if he wanted to express absolute certainty, he could have done that...he chose the latter.

Another 'Chomsky moment'. Seriously, how is this different than Glock other than your pov?

Another 'Chomsky moment'. Seriously, how is this different than Glock other than your pov?

are you suggesting that our use of the language should be so imprecise that

"I have no money"

is completely synonymous with

"there is no money"?

My position is that words have meanings and we should expect to have people apply those meanings to the words we use...

and politicians should expect the same.

terrorist is NOT synonymous with terrorize.

THERE IS NO DOUBT means that there is no doubt...not some doubt...not very little doubt....

damn it. words mean things. I try to use them correctly and I would hope you would feel the same way.

are you suggesting that our use of the language should be so imprecise that

"I have no money"

is completely synonymous with

"there is no money"?

My position is that words have meanings and we should expect to have people apply those meanings to the words we use...

and politicians should expect the same.

terrorist is NOT synonymous with terrorize.

THERE IS NO DOUBT means that there is no doubt...not some doubt...not very little doubt....

damn it. words mean things. I try to use them correctly and I would hope you would feel the same way.

Oh I am quite precise formally, however this is a messageboard and not everyone has the same standards. I can make allowances, as asking for clarification is not a problem, I just don't ridicule those after they explain what they meant. I don't play 'games' with words, to me that's just using education as a 2 x 4.

Oh I am quite precise formally, however this is a messageboard and not everyone has the same standards. I can make allowances, as asking for clarification is not a problem, I just don't ridicule those after they explain what they meant. I don't play 'games' with words, to me that's just using education as a 2 x 4.

are you suggesting that we hold our leaders to standards of communication no higher than those used on an internet message board?

My position has always been, that when Team Bush said "THERE IS NO DOUBT" regarding Saddam's supposed stockpiles of WMD's, they were making a statement that was factually inaccurate. There always was SOME degree of doubt.... the intelligence was NEVER ironclad. There were ALWAYS caveats and qualifiers. I find it appalling to think that anyone would "make allowances" for lies on the part of the administration when those lies were used to take us to war.

are you suggesting that we hold our leaders to standards of communication no higher than those used on an internet message board?

My position has always been, that when Team Bush said "THERE IS NO DOUBT" regarding Saddam's supposed stockpiles of WMD's, they were making a statement that was factually inaccurate. There always was SOME degree of doubt.... the intelligence was NEVER ironclad. There were ALWAYS caveats and qualifiers. I find it appalling to think that anyone would "make allowances" for lies on the part of the administration when those lies were used to take us to war.

Now you are mixing many different conversations, we've been round and round on this issue, I believe I already conceded several points to you. This is becoming much like cut and paste on topics, arguing them again and again, in different threads.

Now you are mixing many different conversations, we've been round and round on this issue, I believe I already conceded several points to you. This is becoming much like cut and paste on topics, arguing them again and again, in different threads.

you conceded that Kerry did not call our troops terrorists. thank you for that.

Did I miss the post where you conceded that, by claiming absolute certainty about Saddam's WMD's, Team Bush lied?

you conceded that Kerry did not call our troops terrorists. thank you for that.

Did I miss the post where you conceded that, by claiming absolute certainty about Saddam's WMD's, Team Bush lied?

No, nor will I agree with that. I don't think 'imprecision of words' constitute lies, when mustering a nation for war. If anything, they should have followed FDR's example much more.

No, nor will I agree with that. I don't think 'imprecision of words' constitute lies, when mustering a nation for war. If anything, they should have followed FDR's example much more.

so you are saying that even though the phrase THERE IS NO DOUBT has a very specific and unambiguous meaning, and that meaning was false, you are not going to hold the administration accountable for making that false statement that took us to war? I wonder what you would say if Clinton had done that?

"I did not have sex with that woman" actually was just "imprecise"...he really meant "I did not have sexual intercourse with that woman". Why, pray tell, did the republicans not give him the benefit of the doubt when he was so imprecise with HIS words?

so you are saying that even though the phrase THERE IS NO DOUBT has a very specific and unambiguous meaning, and that meaning was false, you are not going to hold the administration accountable for making that false statement that took us to war? I wonder what you would say if Clinton had done that?

"I did not have sex with that woman" actually was just "imprecise"...he really meant "I did not have sexual intercourse with that woman". Why, pray tell, did the republicans not give him the benefit of the doubt when he was so imprecise with HIS words?

I thought Clinton was too cute by half, but not the stuff of removal from office, not on semantics.

Hyperbole by CIC is not only acceptable, it's the norm and you know it. Again, partisanship over country. That seems to be the new norm though. Which as I wrote yesterday, leads to serious erosion of our nation, IMO.

Baseless horseshit. Did you know your nickname in Texas is "Dumbass Parrot?"

Bern80 thought he was clever with his cute little post about what constitutes a lie or truth actually all he was doing was trying to cover up naked king george.

Philosophers have always known about bullshit. It wouldn't hurt for you to know about it too; you can start by listening to Bush.

There is even a book by a philospher on bullshit. The problem is there is too much of it going around and Bush is the biggest bullshitter president this country has ever had.

You and others like you constantly let Bush'es bullshit slide and that is why this country has a splinter in her ass.

"Hyperbole by CIC is not only acceptable, it's the norm and you know it."

not when it is used to mislead... not when it is used to put young americans in harm's way.

"Hyperbole by CIC is not only acceptable, it's the norm and you know it."

not when it is used to mislead... not when it is used to put young americans in harm's way.

What war did not 'put young Americans in harm's way?' I missed that one.

Hyperbole by CIC is not only acceptable, it's the norm and you know it.

"BRING 'EM ON!"

"There are some who feel like that the conditions are such that they can attack us there. My answer is bring them on. We've got the force necessary to deal with the security situation." - President George W. Bush, three+ years before asking for a "surge" of troops for badly needed additional security

Forum List

Back