Please Pass Health Care Reform Now!

ihopehefails

VIP Member
Oct 3, 2009
I can't wait until you guys pass health care reform because many states have laws that will affectivley nullify the bill from being enforced on their soil. I can't wait until the coming showdown between the state and the federal government in the supreme court where state nullification will become a legally recognize concept.

This is why I hope you pass it so we can get state nullification officially recognized by the supreme court and the federal government's power will be made impotent across all fifty states.

Um, Federal law will overide state law. Supremacy clause.
I think the bill has other constitutional problems though. Not to mention a severe lack of good sense. I want it dead.

I can't wait until you guys pass health care reform because many states have laws that will affectivley nullify the bill from being enforced on their soil. I can't wait until the coming showdown between the state and the federal government in the supreme court where state nullification will become a legally recognize concept.

This is why I hope you pass it so we can get state nullification officially recognized by the supreme court and the federal government's power will be made impotent across all fifty states.

I have been wondering about that. Right now the states are so over burdened with the unemployment rate that any more mandates from the federal government might cause a whole lot of governors, including democrat governors to bail. There have been some that I have seen really start to question what's going on with the health care proposal, they are worried and rightfully so about this legislation.

Many states, including mine, have passed laws requiring a balanced budget. They can't just pull money out of thin air. It will be interesting to see what happens here, but IMHO it's just not gonna fly. We will get a very watered down version but the senate will not pass a public option plan and the dems in congress are already fighting over abortion and illegal immigrant coverage.

I wouldn't hold my breath on the Supreme Court ruling in favor of the states on this one.

Forum List

Back