Please listen to a truly offended veteran's Mother

:clap:
Psychoblues said:
Can there still be any question that President Bush is a coward? Is there any remaining doubt that Bush is not only a coward, but that he doesn't give two shakes about the thousands of men and women he has sent off to die, be mutilated, or be psychologically traumatized? Any such questions should be put firmly to rest by the story of Cindy Sheehan.

On April 4, 2004, Cindy's son Casey died while ridding the world of Saddam's weapons of mass destruction - or liberating the oppressed Iraqis, or bringing peace and stability to the Middle East, or whatever lie the Bush administration happened to be telling at the time to justify their arrogant and short-sighted decision to thrust the U.S. into a wholly unnecessary and irresponsible war. In short, Casey died because his Commander in Chief, our dear President, sent him off to war.

Now, a little more than a year after her son's death, Cindy wants answers. She wants to know why her son had to die. She wants to know why we invaded a country that posed no legitimate threat to our national interests. She wants to know the meaning of the Downing Street Memo's statement that within the Bush administration, "the intelligence and facts were being fixed around the policy." She wants to know what Bush means when he refers to the "noble cause" for which her son was killed. She wants to know why, if the cause is so damn noble, Bush's own kids aren't fighting for it?

To that end, Cindy and the family members of many more casualties of Bush's war have set up camp outside Bush's Crawford, Texas ranch, demanding to speak with the man in charge.

Only Bush isn't talking. Instead, he cowers behind the protection of one of his infamous "free speech zones," safe from the impertinent questioning of those naive enough to still think the U.S. is a democracy. He struts around in his boots and hat, pretending to be a cowboy from Texas instead of a rich-boy from Connecticut who summered in Maine. He hides, hoping the unsavory characters at his door will simply go away.

Bush's refusal to speak to Cindy should come as no surprise. As made clear by his innumerable made-for-television "town hall meetings," Bush is either too dumb or too cowardly to face unscripted questions, much less be challenged by citizens who hadn't first passed their screen tests and sworn loyalty oaths. In keeping with his fear of anything resembling real leadership, Bush won't let even Cindy and her comrades within four miles of his desolate ranch. They were only allowed to come that close after being forced to park their vehicles eight miles away and then walk four miles in a ditch. When they dared walk on the road, they weren't permitted to go any further. Talk about gratitude: thanks for your unimaginable sacrifice, now walk four miles in this ditch.

Undeterred by the offensive treatment she received on Bush's orders, Cindy has vowed to remain camped (far) outside the ranch until Bush decides to suck it up and talk to her. If he can't muster the courage in Texas, Cindy's vowed to follow Bush to Washington. She's got nothing to lose. Her son's already dead.

Granted, Bush did speak with Cindy once before, approximately two months after her son was killed. Cindy claims that she was still in shock at the time, and who could blame her? Imagine the scene: a bereaved mother, grappling with the impossible concept that her son was dead. While in her state of mind-numbing grief and confusion, Bush consoles her with the same hollow platitudes used on countless other occasions. "Your son/daughter/husband/wife died in a noble and selfless cause." She nods her head, says thank you, sobs, and wonders how to rid herself of the ache in her chest. Meanwhile, Bush moves on to mechanically repeat the same lines to another grieving victim of his war on terror.

The question is, why won't Bush hear out Cindy and her colleagues? If he is so cock-sure that his war in Iraq is "a noble and selfless cause," why would he feel threatened by those who question that assessment? If his administration did not fix the intelligence around its Iraq policy, why not answer the questions of those concerned by the Downing Street Memo and put their doubts to rest? If Bush does truly mourn every loss of American life lost in Iraq, why not come down from his lofty perch and give those whose loved ones have died in Iraq the respect they deserve, instead of forcing them to walk in a ditch?

No need to answer. The questions are rhetorical.

Psychoblues

ProudDem said:

He doesn't have the time--If you new anything about current events you would see that he is too busy too meet with a loony that calls him names---maybe if she didnt make a big scene and ask politely she would have better luck.

He had time for a vacation in Crawford, Texas. He had time for over a hundred fundraising events during the vacation. He didn't have time for a truly grieving American citizen that gave her son and questioned the motives behind the sacrifice? You are not funny or entertaining, dillo. You are only a dupe.

Psychoblues

Psychoblues said:
He had time for a vacation in Crawford, Texas. He had time for over a hundred fundraising events during the vacation. He didn't have time for a truly grieving American citizen that gave her son and questioned the motives behind the sacrifice? You are not funny or entertaining, dillo. You are only a dupe.

Psychoblues

I'm not trying to be funny or entertaining--------I'm talking of about reality and truth. If Sheehan submitted a polite and private request to speak with Bush AGAIN she may have gotten her wish---Instead she let the radical left run her life and put the president in the postion of being nice to someone who has run around with her leftie entourage speaking evil and lies. I wouldn't talk to her if I was a garbage man.

Psychoblues said:

Psychoblues

You kidding? What part of "he met with her previously" are you not comprehending? Why should he meet with her *again* just because she suddenly changed her way of thinking?

Much like Kerry, she was for it, before she was against it.

Shattered said:
You kidding? What part of "he met with her previously" are you not comprehending? Why should he meet with her *again* just because she suddenly changed her way of thinking?

Much like Kerry, she was for it, before she was against it.

He met with her in a group setting, and this was before she thought the war was wrong. What's wrong with her wanting to speak to him again? Had he taken 30 minutes out of his day to meet with her early on, she would have looked like an ass if she continued with her protest outside of his home. I know people say that if he lets one person in, he'll have to let all of them in. Not so. She was the first person who went to his house. He could easily say, "I met with Cindy Sheehan because she came to my house; however, I cannot meet with anyone else who comes here, and I hope you all will understand." That would have also made him look good.

And it's okay to change your mind when you are presented with new facts. If you decided to marry a woman because you loved her but then she cheated on you. Is your divorcing her somehow changing your mind for no reason?

ProudDem said:
He met with her in a group setting, and this was before she thought the war was wrong. What's wrong with her wanting to speak to him again? Had he taken 30 minutes out of his day to meet with her early on, she would have looked like an ass if she continued with her protest outside of his home. I know people say that if he lets one person in, he'll have to let all of them in. Not so. She was the first person who went to his house. He could easily say, "I met with Cindy Sheehan because she came to my house; however, I cannot meet with anyone else who comes here, and I hope you all will understand." That would have also made him look good.

And it's okay to change your mind when you are presented with new facts. If you decided to marry a woman because you loved her but then she cheated on you. Is your divorcing her somehow changing your mind for no reason?

This isn't high school where the counselors are paid to make everyones bad feelings go away. He's not paid to cater to the whims of one psychotic bimbo .

It's perfectly fine to change your mind when presented with new facts.. But then change it. That doesn't change the fact that nobody owes you *anything* if you do. Her son did what *he* wanted - quite frankly, it's none of his mothers damned business, and she's nothing but a complete disgrace to his memory.

Psychoblues said:

Psychoblues

You can't possibly expect the President to give a personal audience to every citizen who demands one...let her take her concerns through channels like the rest of us would have to. She needs to pull the plug on that inflated ego before her head pops.

Shattered said:
This isn't high school where the counselors are paid to make everyones bad feelings go away. He's not paid to cater to the whims of one psychotic bimbo .

It's perfectly fine to change your mind when presented with new facts.. But then change it. That doesn't change the fact that nobody owes you *anything* if you do. Her son did what *he* wanted - quite frankly, it's none of his mothers damned business, and she's nothing but a complete disgrace to his memory.

It's called diplomacy. Anyway, it should come as no surprise that Bush has his lowest ratings ever. The majority of Americans NOW think the war was a mistake. I don't care that he didn't see her since it has only strengthened her cause (not that I necessarily support her cause).

So you think that Bush's multiple visits to Louisiana after the whole FEMA issue isn't him trying to "make everyones bad feelings go away"?

Her son did what *he* wanted - quite frankly, it's none of his mothers damned business, and she's nothing but a complete disgrace to his memory.

How is she a disgrace to his memory? If he can see his mother, he sees her grieving his loss. How could he see that as a negative thing? For all you know, her son got there and hated it and did not support it. Regardless, her protest has nothing to do with how he felt, but how she feels about the war in Iraq.

MissileMan said:
You can't possibly expect the President to give a personal audience to every citizen who demands one...let her take her concerns through channels like the rest of us would have to. She needs to pull the plug on that inflated ego before her head pops.

She is the first person who has camped outside of his house. MissileMan, I agree that he shouldn't have to see everyone who comes to his door, but had he seen her he would have (1) diffused the situation and (2) made himself look wonderful. I would have admired him had he done that.

It is what it is, and she has been able to get people to be more aware about this war.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/09/19/bush.poll/

Fifty-nine percent said they considered the 2003 invasion of Iraq a mistake. That figure is the highest recorded in a CNN/USA Today/Gallup poll.

ProudDem said:
It's called diplomacy. Anyway, it should come as no surprise that Bush has his lowest ratings ever. The majority of Americans NOW think the war was a mistake. I don't care that he didn't see her since it has only strengthened her cause (not that I necessarily support her cause).

So you think that Bush's multiple visits to Louisiana after the whole FEMA issue isn't him trying to "make everyones bad feelings go away"?

Her son did what *he* wanted - quite frankly, it's none of his mothers damned business, and she's nothing but a complete disgrace to his memory.

How is she a disgrace to his memory? If he can see his mother, he sees her grieving his loss. How could he see that as a negative thing? For all you know, her son got there and hated it and did not support it. Regardless, her protest has nothing to do with how he felt, but how she feels about the war in Iraq.

YOU can't even follow a simple conversation without confusing what two or more people have said to you, and wrongfully accusing at least one of them.. I'd like to see how you handle even half of what this man's had to handle, and still come out smelling like a rose..

There's not one single person here who will say that everything he has done has been 100% perfect, and that he's made no mistakes. The man's got faults. He's human. Cindy Sheehan's little drama is NOT one of those faults.

Shattered said:
YOU can't even follow a simple conversation without confusing what two or more people have said to you, and wrongfully accusing at least one of them.. I'd like to see how you handle even half of what this man's had to handle, and still come out smelling like a rose..

There's not one single person here who will say that everything he has done has been 100% perfect, and that he's made no mistakes. The man's got faults. He's human. Cindy Sheehan's little drama is NOT one of those faults.

So explain to me what I am not following. Who did I wrongfully accuse?

As to the second paragraph, I haven't seen anyone (and I know I have been here for only one week) say anything that Bush has done wrong.

ProudDem said:

As to the second paragraph, I haven't seen anyone (and I know I have been here for only one week) say anything that Bush has done wrong.

The ONLY things Bush has done wrong is not unleash the full force of the military in Iraq(this war should have been finished long ago) and he increased the size of the government, other than that..........

Cindy Sheehan's 5 minutes were up long ago, she should quit dishonouring her son.

Maybe she should start hanging with Bette Midler.

aps said:
She is the first person who has camped outside of his house. MissileMan, I agree that he shouldn't have to see everyone who comes to his door, but had he seen her he would have (1) diffused the situation and (2) made himself look wonderful. I would have admired him had he done that.

It is what it is, and she has been able to get people to be more aware about this war.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/09/19/bush.poll/

Fifty-nine percent said they considered the 2003 invasion of Iraq a mistake. That figure is the highest recorded in a CNN/USA Today/Gallup poll.

She already had a meeting with him. Demanding a second when most don't get one at all is ludicrous...who in hell does she think she is anyways?

MissileMan said:
She already had a meeting with him. Demanding a second when most don't get one at all is ludicrous...

To me, it never hurts to ask for anything.

who in hell does she think she is anyways?

Cindy Sheehan.

aps said:

he has not closed the borders

he is not killing them fast enough

he is responding to bullshit from the press

he is passing out too much money

after that....i am ok with what is going on

aps said:

Then you haven't been reading. I have posted several times that they are not 'getting the word out'; 'spending too much political capital on domestic' and 'spending too much for the deficit.' Get a life.

Psychoblues said:
Cindy is not shameless at all. She is feeling very much ashamed. Mr. Bush seems to be the origin of her shame and she wishes to address the subject with him. He had her son killed in Iraq. A simple conversation and the resultant meeting of the minds could solve all of this shame.

Psychoblues

She was unable to pass the background investigation necessary for a one-on-one with the President. He therefore met with her in a group setting, after which she was happy with the result, he went beyond to get her into a conversation with him. Afterwards she wanted to meet again one-on-one which she knew she couldn't do, only to draw attention to herself and to gain notoriety with the left.

I can't believe that the left is defending this lady, some of the stuff she says is truly psychotic. New Orleans is occupied and the military should leave there as well as Iraq? The Jews are the cause of and are running the war? She wished her son would have taken up her offer to hit him with a car?

The young man made a choice to live up to his commitment regardless of opposition from an insane family member, I have the utmost respect for him. Cindy Sheehan herself just needs a Psychiatrist's support not financial support from "moveon(backwards).org".

Forum List

Back