Please listen to a truly offended veteran's Mother

Imagine if she tried to pull this stunt outside of one of Saddams palaces while he was in power.

LuvRPgrl said:
Imagine if she tried to pull this stunt outside of one of Saddams palaces while he was in power.

But....... call me cold.... I'm actually getting sick of this women.... :puke3:

Abbey Normal said:
"Let George Bush send his two little party animals to die in Iraq."

This quote alone zeroes out any sympathy I could have had for this woman.

She is beneath contempt, and undeserving of ANYONE's sympathy. Her son probably joined the military as soon as he possibly could just to get out of the house and away from HER.

I think it becoming pretty apparent, and probably many of the general public sense this, but havent quite put their "finger on it" yet, that she is not expressing grief for her son, but is just protesting the war.

I havent heard everything she has said, or how she is behaving while there, but what I dont hear continuously is

"I miss my son soo much," followed by uncontrollable weeping

"He was such a great boy, we did so much together"

"There was so much he wanted to accomplish"

Instead, what Im hearing is

"Bush this, Bush that"

"The war this, the war that"

That combined with the fact the rest of the family totally disagrees with her, wants her to shut up, and she doesnt even talk to them anymore, tells me this woman is psycho and beneath my contempt. I have less than zero sympathy for her.

Unreal, if you want Kos's link, have to go the LGF first. bwahhahahhah:

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/?entry=17039_Daily_Kos_Parasites&only
Daily Kos Parasites

Just when you think the Koz Kidz can’t get any more disgusting: Framing Cindy Sheehan - we are making errors. (Hat tip: KrustyKoot.)

This is really going to turn your stomach.

We are making errors with references to Cindy Sheehan.

What are we trying to accomplish with promoting her?

Emphasizing her sacrifice.

Emphasizing her stating truth to power.

Emphasizing her plain speaking, clear statements.

Relate her vigil over her dead son to universal archtypes of all vigils over dead children killed by dictatorial rulers throughout all history.

My suggestions below:

1. We should call her “Mother Sheehan”. We should never call her Cindy; I don’t know her. “Mother Sheehan” is her title, and expresses her ceremonial status as a bereaved mother, calling forth over the dead body of her son. She is not a person now, she is a mother, which is not an expression of her individuality, but rather the expression of her eternal character: the mother, the bringer of life who has been wronged by state power.

2. We should use the word “sacrifice”. She has sacrificed the most precious thing a mother has, the life and promise of her child.

3. We should use the word “useless” frequently. The death of her son is a useless sacrifise, done for the vanity of the ruler.

4. We should not use the name of her son. Her son is a symbol of all sons who have been sacrificed for this useless and criminal war.

5. The term “vigil” should be used to describe the persons and their patient petition to the dictatorial ruler. It is a vigil over the body of the dead son, killed by the ruler for his own purposes.

6. The right will try to INDIVIDUALIZE and SPECIALIZE her complaint. We must try to make her cry the UNIVERSAL and ETERNAL cry of all mothers whose children have died at the whim of the tyrannical and dictatorial ruler, who has made the decision to push children to the front of the army for his own, useless purposes. We must seek to make this like funeral vigils over all time. This is not Mother Sheehan’s vigil, this is a vigil over the dead son, killed by the ruler for his own selfish reasons.

7. If there are any persons who are theatre professionals at the Sheenan vigil, they should arrange things much more theatrically.

8. If I was there, I would not let Mother Sheehan talk to the press, but I would have her talk only through a spokesperson. In particular, I would not allow her to argue with critics, and would allow no critics to approach her. Her dignity must be preserved. If lesser emissaries from the ruler arrive (C Rice, etc), these should not be allowed to speak to Mother Sheehan.

Abbey Normal said:
Go Dillo! Go Dillo!

Local news is recommending against it---apparently a lot of people had the same idea and it's a fricken circus. Opposing sides yelling at each other across the road and media crawling all over each other.

dilloduck said:
Local news is recommending against it---apparently a lot of people had the same idea and it's a fricken circus. Opposing sides yelling at each other across the road and media crawling all over each other.

It IS a circus dillo, and this "mother sheenan" psycho-moron is the head clown.

Kathianne said:
Unreal, if you want Kos's link, have to go the LGF first. bwahhahahhah:

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/?entry=17039_Daily_Kos_Parasites&only

She's being used..... No other word's need be said. :bang3:
These people are looking stupid, but that what the terrorist are counting on, these type's.... My god just look at the last video tape that bin ladens henchmen released....... he spoke of Vietman, for gods sake.. They believe the americans don't have a backbone anymore, and these people are playing right into their hands... They should be proud... :lame2:

This organization supports her totally.......and there were a few "support" marches around the SF Bay area this weekend.

Code Pink

One of the CA chapters plans to start a caravan Monday AM of protestors to start at recruiting offices in Oakland and drive to Sacramento and then set up and protest in front of CA National Guard recruiting offices next week.

They plan to talk with young people who are walking into, or coming out of, the recruiting offices with the intention of talking them out of it and/or explaining their options for getting out if they've already signed up, etc.

Some CA recruiting offices have people protesting every day. :poke: :spank3:

kurtsprincess said:
This organization supports her totally.......and there were a few "support" marches around the SF Bay area this weekend.

Code Pink

One of the CA chapters plans to start a caravan Monday AM of protestors to start at recruiting offices in Oakland and drive to Sacramento and then set up and protest in front of CA National Guard recruiting offices next week.

They plan to talk with young people who are walking into, or coming out of, the recruiting offices with the intention of talking them out of it and/or explaining their options for getting out if they've already signed up, etc.

Code Pink Home Page, same link as above, no sense in giving more publicity:
Send Cindy Your Message With a Pink Rose
"The Yellow Rose of Texas" was written in 1853 to honor the bravery of Emily West Morgan, an indentured servant whose actions ended the Mexican occupation of Texas. In that spirit, we dub Cindy Sheehan our CODEPINK Rose of Texas. CODEPINK has been with Cindy from the beginning of her vigil in Crawford. Join us in honoring her with a flood of pink roses and messages of support and love.

Join Cindy Sheehan's Protest in Crawford
Cindy Sheehan went to Crawford to ask President Bush, "Why did you kill my son? What did my son die for?" Her son, Casey, 24, was killed in Iraq, on April 4, 2004. President Bush continues to refuse Cindy’s requests for a meeting, so she has made a stand outside his Crawford Ranch. Click here to check out daily blogs from Crawford and see who is fasting with Diane Wilson in solidarity with Cindy.

ONEMILLIONREASONS.ORG:
Tell Bush to Get Out of Iraq
Polls show that we now represent the majority -- 6 out of 10 Americans would like the US troops to come home -- people feel isolated from each other and feel their voices are not being heard. So we have created an exciting new campaign called ONEMILLIONREASONS.ORG, where you can post on-line YOUR reason why the US should get out of Iraq, and read what other people all over the world have to say. On September 26 we will hand deliver the signatures and messages directly to the White House.

Join us for the mass mobilization in Washington DC, September 24 - 26
The tide is turning and now more than ever we have to force those behind the gates of the White House to see the writing on the wall. We must get out of Iraq NOW. Join with tens of thousands of other activists who know the time for us is NOW. Be with us in this historic moment as we march on the White House and deliver onemillionreasons to BUSH. Mark your calendars, reserve your tickets, and get your pink gear ready!

CODEPINK's Medea Benjamin is among the 1,000 women collectively nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize
These courageous women from 150 countries are honored for their daily commitment to fostering peace and bringing justice to all corners of the globe. In addition to Medea, five of the women nominated are contributors to CODEPINK’s newest book Stop The Next War Now, Barbara Lee, Cynthia McKinney, Elise Marie Biorn-Hansen Boulding, Noeleen Heyzer and Holly Near. More...

Join the Jury of Conscience World Tribunal on Iraq in Condemning the Iraq War
On June 27, 2005 the Jury of Conscience, WTI presented the work of their all night deliberations. Now it is our task to join them and to get the word out. If you can't read the testimonies, read the findings. Share them, and be emboldened by them. Join the jury by endorsing their findings and 10-point recommendation. Forward this information to your friends, and let's further the resistance. For more information, read Jodie Evans' blog from the World Tribunal on Iraq in Istanbul.

Stop the Next War Now -
CODEPINK's New Book Launch
With our new book Stop the Next War Now, CODEPINK authors/editors have embarked on a 100-city book tour to help energize local CODEPINK groups and the peace movement in general. We invite you to join us on the tour, and to listen to our radio interviews on the road!
Click here to find out more about the book and the book tour.
Click here to buy the book.

Take action to say "NO" to the militarization of youth!
Tell your Representative to scrap the Pentagon's illegal database of student information and take action to raise awareness about student privacy protection. The military is desperate for young people to fight in Iraq and they are stepping up their recruiting efforts all over the country, and luring kids into their offices with false promises of money, education, and adventure. Join CODEPINK and the national demilitarization of schools movement in standing up to these deceptive recruiters. Check out our counter-recruitment page for ideas and information.

CODEPINK Continues to Offer Help to Fallujah's Refugees CODEPINK women and men across the country responded generously to our initial call to help the families devastated by the November assault on Fallujah. With help from independent journalist, Dahr Jamail, CODEPINK organized a team of Iraqi volunteers made up of activists and doctors who, with the resources we sent, were able to alleviate some of the suffering of these families. Thanks to your incredible generosity, we have raised over $600,000 in humanitarian aid for the refugees from Falluja. By sending a check to CODEPINK, earmarked for Fallujah's refugees, your message of love and compassion will continue to be delivered. Click here to read more.

kurtsprincess said:

Code Pink

Ah, but they really do support the troops, don't they. :poop:

Cindy is not shameless at all. She is feeling very much ashamed. Mr. Bush seems to be the origin of her shame and she wishes to address the subject with him. He had her son killed in Iraq. A simple conversation and the resultant meeting of the minds could solve all of this shame.

Psychoblues

GunnyL said:
She is beneath contempt, and undeserving of ANYONE's sympathy. Her son probably joined the military as soon as he possibly could just to get out of the house and away from HER.

I would hope that my own mother would have been so courageous should I have been Killed in Viet Nam. You are so full of shit, GunnyL, you may not ever separate the rice from the chafe.

Psychoblues

Psychoblues said:
Cindy is not shameless at all. She is feeling very much ashamed. Mr. Bush seems to be the origin of her shame and she wishes to address the subject with him. He had her son killed in Iraq. A simple conversation and the resultant meeting of the minds could solve all of this shame.

Psychoblues

Already been done

Nope, hasn't been done at all. The shrub exploited the grieving period of Ms. Sheehan's life and now wants to avoid it's consequense. He seriously needs to meet this challenge head on. I don't expect him to do that. He never has and he never will. He is incapable of meeting challenges head on and face to face with truth and formidible opposition. I can't conclude any other reason for his refusals to meet with Cindy or his refusals for press conferences. Can you?

Psychoblues

Psychoblues said:
Nope, hasn't been done at all. The shrub exploited the grieving period of Ms. Sheehan's life and now wants to avoid it's consequense. He seriously needs to meet this challenge head on. I don't expect him to do that. He never has and he never will. He is incapable of meeting challenges head on and face to face with truth and formidible opposition. I can't conclude any other reason for his refusals to meet with Cindy or his refusals for press conferences. Can you?

Psychoblues

millions of them

dilloduck said:
Already did
Comedians are starving and begging for tips in Las Vegas. Go join their ranks if you're just trying to be funny, dilloduck. Seriously, I think ths subject is serious. You react like the prez. You somehow think it's just more fun and games.

Psychoblues

Forum List

Back