Please Join In Prayer

When I first saw the T-Shirt last week, my first thought was that the "few" meant 1461 days being one Presidential term and that was no problem as far as I was concerned. As I thought about it and read the surrounding verses, I could see that one could very easily interpret it to mean the death of the President and then it began to bother me.

I cannot imagine anyone supporting such a thing as a call or prayer for the death of a President. Anyone who does should be ashamed of themselves. I am sure that there are partisans out there that think such a thing is funny, but I am damned glad I am not one of them.

I'll settle for 1461 and be happy when we get through that.

Immie

Is This T-Shirt Praying for Obama's Assassination? - News- msnbc.com

img96.jpg

what do you think ???

When I first saw the T-Shirt last week, my first thought was that the "few" meant 1461 days being one Presidential term and that was no problem as far as I was concerned. As I thought about it and read the surrounding verses, I could see that one could very easily interpret it to mean the death of the President and then it began to bother me.

I cannot imagine anyone supporting such a thing as a call or prayer for the death of a President. Anyone who does should be ashamed of themselves. I am sure that there are partisans out there that think such a thing is funny, but I am damned glad I am not one of them.

Immie

I've seen much, much worse than this - but that was when Bush was POTUS and the left thought they were perfectly acceptable. What goes around, comes around.

Personally, I am clear on what it means - 109:8. It does not call for the assassination of the POTUS.

Hey........Assholeitis..........you DO realize that this particular verse calls for his wife to be a widow, as well as calls for his children to be fatherless right?

You probably think Fred Phelps is a great guy as well, eh?

hey dickhead, you do realize that only ONE verse was mentioned. That verse is as follows "Let his days be few; and let another take his office."

Immie

I've seen much, much worse than this - but that was when Bush was POTUS and the left thought they were perfectly acceptable. What goes around, comes around.

Personally, I am clear on what it means - 109:8. It does not call for the assassination of the POTUS.

the OP is a juvenile delinquent. not even old enouh to vote

Immie

I've seen worse too, but rarely disquised as a "Christian" message.

Some "Christians" sicken me.

What would Jesus think?

I do my best for you Ravi. Do you need a barf bag? :)

Immie

Wish I had a dollar for everytime I saw a sign or a shirt condemming Ol'Bush and wishing him dead or out of office. God I could retire now.

No. Who would want to kill Ol'BO?? I sure wouldn't wish that on anyone. We sure don't need another eternal flame at Arlington.

Wish I had a dollar for everytime I saw a sign or a shirt condemming Ol'Bush and wishing him dead or out of office. God I could retire now.

No. Who would want to kill Ol'BO?? I sure wouldn't wish that on anyone. We sure don't need another eternal flame at Arlington.

Sorry, but that is besides the point. Just because they did it first is no excuse IMHO.

I don't disagree that it happened way too much during President Bush's terms, of course, once is way too much, but that does not excuse it now.

Immie

Who wished DEATH on President Bush?

I have been searching the poster files on the net, and the closest thing I can find is a picture of bush in a noose that reads, You should be hung for your war crimes....

and yes this is wishing death on him, HOWEVER it does imply that he would be charged and convicted of these crimes, before the noose takes hold, imho.

Outside of that, i never ever saw a movement of Democrats printing up t-shirts wishing he were killed or assasinated, to remove him from office....

But even if some did, there is no excuse for SUPPOSED Christians wishing death be upon obama....or any president....that's just plain wrong.

I love how people are twisting themselves into knots to excuse this; fact remains, if this was referencing President Bush (or God forbid, President Reagan), the right would have gone into fits of apoplexy, and the rightwingnut talking heads would still be screeching.
Conjecture.

People can tap dance around that if they want.... but I think the person who made up the Tshirt, knew exactly what they were doing and picked this verse for what the entire passage/chapter, of this scripture says and implies, and it ain't praying for something as benign as praying for a person to lose their seat in office.....
Of course.
Conjecture squared.

Conveniently shows verses 8 and 9 together...much unlike the tee-shirt. If you're going to criticize the tee-shirt, stick with what the tee-shirt says...nothing more--nothing less.

Some "Christians" sicken me.

What would Jesus think?

Depends.

If Jesus can see into the hearts of those who came up with this tee, he would be able to tell whether they meant to imply anything else.

If taking it literally (about someone else taking Obama's job), I would be surprised if he had an opinion, other than the potentially blasphemous issue of applying a psalm to a human political context.

To the rest of us, he would probably say "Judge not, lest ye be judged".

Immie

Showing how smart you are ... ? Again

the OP is a juvenile delinquent. not even old enouh to vote

Showing how smart you are ... ?

Leave it to the folks on the right to screw something like this up. A cheesey t-shirt? Can't they come up with someone to write a play or a screenplay that calls for assassinating the president? How hard can it be to learn this stuff from the lefties?

You know.....this isn't the first time the Christian conservatives have tried to use God and the Bible as a way to get things done.......

Remember when we were told the disasters of a few years back were because "God hates gays and the wickedness of America"?

Remember last year during the election when the Christian right was calling for Biblical rain to pour down and flood out Obama's rally?

This is just more of the same. Only now, they're pointing to just one verse and saying that they just want his days in office to be short.

Yeah.....just like the dude was saying he only wanted to water the Tree of Liberty, meanwhile, he cut off the last part, so that if anyone took umbrage to it, he could say that people were taking his sign out of context.

Also kinda like what some posters on here do when they quote someone and only use half a sentence........

Just sayin'.

It must be very hard to be so stupid.
I've know stupid people and once you reach a certain point the stupider they are, the less they realize hos stupid they are and the easier it becomes for them.

It does seem trivially obvious that Psalm 109:8 refers to
"Let his days be few;and let another take his office"
but then again, who can tell what is obvious to idiots?

Forum List

Back