PLEASE increase REP given per day.

Good Gawd! I was away at work for a few hours, I come back, and wow what activity!

I don't mean this thread, I mean what the admin did - repping my ass off. I need to go back offline now to the store and get some soothing ointment.

And just a public thanks to everyone for making this such a fun thread. Just what many of us needed, I think, around this time of year.

Good Gawd! I was away at work for a few hours, I come back, and wow what activity!

I don't mean this thread, I mean what the admin did - repping my ass off. I need to go back offline now to the store and get some soothing ointment.

And just a public thanks to everyone for making this such a fun thread. Just what many of us needed, I think, around this time of year.

You need to apply that ointment very LIBERALLY.

And remember, be good, or St. Nikolaus will bring you no naked women who will genuflect in front of you, but rather, just stones in a sock. So, we men must behave!!!

I find it interesting that when the system could be abused, the people who shot up in rep unexpectedly were trollist lefties...

and now the system is not so easily abused, they can't seem to inch up.

Funneh, that. A beautiful little example of who is more corrupt. __________________

Do you have EXACT stats to back that statement up, like, names and screenshots, or are you just shooting from the hip because it "feels" that way to you?

I mean, imo it's totally ok to be shooting from the hip, it's a free country and a very open forum, but then if that is the case, you should be honest enough to admit it.

Are you trying to say that by giving out tons of negs, Lefties were being rewarded by fellow lefties for having done this? Of course, the only problem is that no one knows who has been negged, as far as I can tell, unless of course a member discloses that information, amirite??

Or do you have a bird's eye view into the moderation records of USMB? Are you in possession of super-duper secret encoder-ring information that the rest of us mortals don't have? Really?

Because since I have gotten here and barely posted outside of the tavern, the coffee shop and the elections subforum, all I have seen are neg reps coming from Cons, not Libs. But then again, I bet my view of this is every bit as limited as yours.

As usual, she is full of shit

It is the rightwing rep circle jerk that has been repping itself to death while they gang neg new liberal posters. It was this wolf pack that caused the neg rep rules to be changed. If you notice all the liberal posters with their rep turned off, that was a direct result of unrelenting negging from the wolf pack

The rw circle jerk is why rep is meaningless.

If you rid yourself of it, it means even less.

I agree with Alfalfa -

How about they increase pos rep and eliminate neg rep?

Whatever -

Have at it folx.

Rep is meaningless to the lunatic left because you're extremist whackos. You can't gain rep, because you're not popular and nobody agrees with you, and the majority of posters aren't fond of lying scumbags.

Rep is meaningless to the lunatic left because you're extremist whackos. You can't gain rep, because you're not popular and nobody agrees with you, and the majority of posters aren't fond of lying scumbags.

Thanky you for your input, I have now completed my study of you. I now know all about you that I need to know.

(not)koshergirl is right that its a popularity contest.

This is a very R leaning board and popularity is more important to what rightwinger so accurately called a wolf pack/circle jerk.

I've always wanted to see rep used as a tool to improve the board.

But, "I'm not popular and nobody agrees with me" so what do I know? :eusa_whistle:

I didn't start this thread for people to throw pillows at each other and argue over why some people have more rep than others or any other BS like that. I knew there would be some against an increase in the amount of people we are allowed to rep each day, but I started it anyway, wanting to hear both sides. It seems, so far, there are more for it than against it. For those that have made this thread fun, Thank You!!! For those that want to start something negative, please take it elsewhere. This isn't the place for it, and this thread wasn't started for your own agenda.

I didn't start this thread for people to throw pillows at each other and argue over why some people have more rep than others or any other BS like that. I knew there would be some against an increase in the amount of people we are allowed to rep each day, but I started it anyway, wanting to hear both sides. It seems, so far, there are more for it than against it. For those that have made this thread fun, Thank You!!! For those that want to start something negative, please take it elsewhere. This isn't the place for it, and this thread wasn't started for your own agenda.

Since I am new here, I first thank you for starting the thread. I am still trying to figure out why reps are used at all. But that appears to be the mode du jour here in this forum, and perhaps with time I will see greater benefit in it.

But I can clearly see how it can be abused - especially people who might want to gang-rep someone just to drive that person off the forum. But that then begs the question: who would want to do such a thing.

I can only say that from my now 10 day experience in USMB, I have come into contact with people from all sides of the political/ideological spectrum and most of them have been very decent and also kind to me. And I have received pos reps from Cons as well as Libs as well as people in between, and I have given out pos reps to people across the entire spectrum. That may not make me a team player in some peoples' eyes, but it does make me maybe a little more balanced. Or at least striving to be balanced.

Again, thanks for making the thread.

Last edited:
It can and is abused. That is why the 48 hour neg rule is in place and why the limit on reps is in place.

All we can do is accept things the way they are or leave the board. I'd rather stay and have fun but that's me.

Stat-I hope you decide to stay when your two weeks are up.

Aye-Thanks for the fun thread.

I started the same thread quite some time ago. :)

http://www.usmessageboard.com/announcements-and-feedback/233386-rep-suggestion-up-yours.html

It's a recurring theme.

Rep abusers chafe continually at the restrictions. It's hilarious and affords the entire board many hours of amusement.

(not)koshergirl is right that its a popularity contest.

This is a very R leaning board and popularity is more important to what rightwinger so accurately called a wolf pack/circle jerk.

I've always wanted to see rep used as a tool to improve the board.

But, "I'm not popular and nobody agrees with me" so what do I know? :eusa_whistle:

the board is a little more right leaning lately. but i'll tell you, 3 years ago it had a real heavy left slant. a lot of the heavy hitting left leaners have left.

It can and is abused. That is why the 48 hour neg rule is in place and why the limit on reps is in place.

All we can do is accept things the way they are or leave the board. I'd rather stay and have fun but that's me.

Stat-I hope you decide to stay when your two weeks are up.

Aye-Thanks for the fun thread.

Well, with sweet people like you and the boop-master here, how could I say no.

Was könnt ich Euch dann abschlagen? :) :)

(google is your friend)

Thanky you for your input, I have now completed my study of you. I now know all about you that I need to know.

We can never have too many sloppy pseudo intellectuals. I look forward to watching you make a fool of yourself. You're off to a stellar beginning!

It's a recurring theme.

Rep abusers chafe continually at the restrictions. It's hilarious and affords the entire board many hours of amusement.

Then those that abuse it need to have it taken away from them. If their only purpose on here is to harass others by abusing it, once that toy is taken from them, they won't have any other purpose to be here. Seems like an easy way to get rid of a problem to me.

Forum List

Back