Please clarify rule about PMs

Ravi

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2008
Hating Hatters
It has recently come to my attention that in some cases posting the title of a PM is the same thing as posting the contents of a PM.

If that is true, fine, but I would like to see it written by someone in an official capacity.

Thanks for your consideration in this matter. It is difficult to follow the rules when the rules are murky.

:eusa_eh:

as i understand 'the rules' ....you cannot post the contents of a pm without the other persons agreeing...like you...i would see no problem with posting the title...

It has recently come to my attention that in some cases posting the title of a PM is the same thing as posting the contents of a PM.

If that is true, fine, but I would like to see it written by someone in an official capacity.

Thanks for your consideration in this matter. It is difficult to follow the rules when the rules are murky.

...or inconvenient. :eusa_angel:

As a corollary...can we even mention the fact that we received a PM from someone?

For example: "Ravi PMed me last night at 7:06pm."

Which is an interesting question considering that I have seen people post the contents of PMs from reputation comments and that seems to be okay. So is it just reputation comment pms that are okay to post?

Which is an interesting question considering that I have seen people post the contents of PMs from reputation comments and that seems to be okay. So is it just reputation comment pms that are okay to post?
Yes. Please do not derail the thread! ;)

I vote that we get rid of the PM rule entirely (I'd enable them if we did).

I think it's a pretty stupid rule.

Last edited:
o dont be putting nothing in a pm that you dont want shared...cant the admins/mods read them....

now cant you post an pm if both parties agree?

my pms are pretty tame .... an occasion moron...dumbass..things like that.nothing really earth moving...

New Topics

Forum List

Back