Please answer the following questions

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
I want to help us get on the same page. We toss out alot of terminology that is not clearly defined. It's time we answer a few questions so we can have clear discussions.

1) How much must a person pay in taxes to be paying his or her "fair share?"

2) At what point does a good small business become evil big business?

3) Why is it corporations are evil when other forms of business such as partnerships, sole proprietorships, or LLCs are not?

4) Why is it bad to live within our means?

I think these are good starter questions. If anyone has any others, please add them.

At what point does a person go from a player to a hater?

I want to help us get on the same page. We toss out alot of terminology that is not clearly defined. It's time we answer a few questions so we can have clear discussions.

3) Why is it corporations are evil when other forms of business such as partnerships, sole proprietorships, or LLCs are not?

I think these are good starter questions. If anyone has any others, please add them.

1. That is a complicated number with a number of different parameters and thus no single one fits all sizes number. But I would put it at between doesn't force them to eat dog food and prevents them from warping our political system.

2. When it has no stake in the communities that it does it's business in.

3. Because corporations separate personal profit from personal risk.

4. It is certainly good to live within our means. Our means would also include the ability to leverage debt for investing in wealth building activities. If living within your means constitutes no income = no survival then survival takes over and all bets are off on order and stability.

Well, when we add up all the taxes we pay, I would say that most of us (who actually pay taxes) are already paying more than a fair share. And I also think that those who demand we pay more taxes but don’t pay any themselves (be they rich or poor) are probably being a little unfair about it.

And I think a good small business turns into an evil big business once someone can make political points by demonizing it.

I’m not sure why corporations are evil but I suspect it has something to do with making political points again.

And I don’t think it is bad to live within our means.

Last edited:
OK, I'll take a stab at these

1) A federal flat rate of 10%, perhaps only 5% for EVERYONE unless below the poverty scale and receiving any type of govt assistance including EIC. Do away with state taxes. Some deductions should be continued such as child credits, student loan interest, investments in 401ks, paying for ones own health care policy and mortgage interest. Student loans, mortgages, ability to invest and self pay for health care policies, generally prove prosperity. Hence these deductions are a positive factor which encourage Americans to work hard and put their dollars to work.

2) When small business grow big enough to tell the govt to screw off, example: Walmart.

3) Corps go 'public' and must make profits, answer to a board and share holders. Partnerships, sole proprietorships, and LLCs are still privately owned, generally, and have no one to answer to. The down side is they are not allowed as many tax breaks as corps are.

4) It's not! End of that story! People, and govt especially, should do this. It makes sense to live within ones means. However the govt loves to spend OPM and apparently cannot comprehend that what they are spending is the PEOPLE'S money!

And before ANYONE bitches at me, I have lived at both ends of the spectrum, re poverty and personal enhancement.

Any type of govt handouts to the 'poor' only enables them to remain 'poor' unless they have personal ambition to not remain 'poor'. If they lack that ambition, then they should take on a trade school and, of course, pay for it using student loans, or get cut from the govt teat.

I believe there is way too much apathy among many poor people.

My response in no way adheres to those with real disabilities, who, without retraining or education, cannot earn a living.

When the leftwingers have looted enough from everybody to pay for the most lunatic scheme they can dream up.

All business is evil - they serve no purpose. Government creates jobs.

Because it's racist and increases global warming. :lol:

fiddy cent

When I don't own shares in it.

They eat babies at their secret meeting in Bohemian Grove, obviously.

Because our means is so ... well, mean!

Do infants have as much fun doing infancy as adults do doing adultery?

1.) It's progressive, in my opinion. We all benefit by collectively paying to uphold our infrastructure and defense. It is my opinion that 25% (just a random number) would hurt a family making $50k a year a lot more than a guy making $1million. The guy left with $750k is still a well-to-do person who can live a great lifestyle and secure his family with ease, whereas if mr $50k gets banged for 25% he's down to $37.5k a year and it's a much harder hit. So in terms of fair, you can't get all up in arms if a wealthier person pays a bigger percentage because everyone's got a vested interest here and our system as a whole has helped allow for his success. It doesn't seem right to me to slam everyone with an even rate because it's an uneven effect.

2) I don't consider any business "evil" unless it behaves that way.

3) Corporations aren't evil unless they behave that way.

4) It's not.

I pay an effective federal income tax rate of 10%. That is fair. However, since I'm single with no dependents,

most people in my income range are paying less than that (because of having kids). Probably many many many of you people.

So what's fair? Cut my taxes, or raise yours?

If we went with flat tax I think it was set at 12%, no loop holes for anyone. Everyone paying the same percent means the more you make the more you pay in.

If we went with a Fed sales tax, we would be taxed based upon our consumption and anyone making money under the table would also pay taxes. Basically killing the need for that. And anyone making money through crime would also be taxed. The wealthy would still pay more b/c they buy more expensive items.

When they can tell the government what they are going to do instead of being under thier thumb.

rhetorric.

However there are a few examples of ruthlessness that are the foundation of this myth.

B/c then we would not have to rely on the government to aide. If no one relied on the government, the DNC would all but vanish.

fiddy cent

When I don't own shares in it.

They eat babies at their secret meeting in Bohemian Grove, obviously.

Because our means is so ... well, mean!

Do infants have as much fun doing infancy as adults do doing adultery?

Infants doine infancy.

Adultery is a lot of work and causes tons of stress.

Forum List

Back