PlayStation Vue

Pop23

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2013
The barstool down yonder
I've been subscribing to SlingTV as a cheaper alternative to Cable and have been pretty pleased with its basic plan. The one thing I did not like was that the news channel selection was limited to CNN.

I'm giving PlayStation Vue a shot. They offer a 7 day free trial. They offer CNN, Fox and MSNBC, so far more news available.

I'm running both through a Roku.

SlingTV offers 20 plus channels for $20.00 per month, no contract required (basic service) and PlayStation Vue has 55 (slim package) channels for $30.00 per month, no contract required.

Both have ESPN and ESPN2 and it appears that PlayStation Vue has the a better selection of cable channels including most of those on the Sling.

I've had Sling for more than a year and it has improved, but still drops out occasionally.

Does anyone have a long term experience with Vue?

For an extra 10 spot a month I'm thinking it may be worth it.

Comments?

I did all the math. By the time you add a good Internet package & pay the various Ala cart providers you're just as well off with cable.

PSVUE does offer endless dvr abilities via the cloud so you should like it far better than sling. Sling is a joke imo

I did all the math. By the time you add a good Internet package & pay the various Ala cart providers you're just as well off with cable.

PSVUE does offer endless dvr abilities via the cloud so you should like it far better than sling. Sling is a joke imo

I save a minimum of $40 a month over what I was and get far better picture. Although that might not be the case everywhere. I have reasonable Internet ( which I would have regardless, so I could claim more of a savings ) and an Internet provider that thinks they are selling gold, not TV programming.

I save a minimum of $40 a month over what I was and get far better picture. Although that might not be the case everywhere. I have reasonable Internet ( which I would have regardless, so I could claim more of a savings ) and an Internet provider that thinks they are selling gold, not TV programming.

Whatever. I've done the math for what's available in my area and ala cart is currently pointless.

You should enjoy it though as it offers far more than sling. Just beware the PSN goes down frequently. I dunno if that affects vue but if it does prepare for frustration

Whatever. I've done the math for what's available in my area and ala cart is currently pointless.

You should enjoy it though as it offers far more than sling. Just beware the PSN goes down frequently. I dunno if that affects vue but if it does prepare for frustration

Gotcha, it also helps that I absolutely hate our cable company. Goes down frequently, picture quality sucks and service is nonexistent.

Thanks for the heads up on the DVR feature. That's an added benifit

Gotcha, it also helps that I absolutely hate our cable company. Goes down frequently, picture quality sucks and service is nonexistent.

It wipes your dvr every 28 days so watch it before the wipe

It wipes your dvr every 28 days so watch it before the wipe

Yeah, but better then nothin.

Forum List

Back