Player Banned From Team USA For Her Christian Beliefs

Well, I'm an Episcopalian and I don't see any sin in being gay, so yeah, I'd say being a Christian means you should try to make gay people feel good about their sexuality

What if I don't want to? Then what? Does that automatically make me unchristian? Who is the ultimate judge of Christworthiness?

So, it is possible the woman perceived that to make the team she had to compromise her belief that gay is not OK with God.

Seemingly it is possible for one player to hold such sway, but never the Christian. Never the one who seemingly holds the unpopular belief.
I don't judge other people's degrees of "Christian." I didn't agree with all of Sen. Trent Lott's religious views. But imo he said more than a few correct and pithy things, but one of them was about "hating the sin and not the sinner," in terms of dealing with gays in Washington. You may think the gay is keeping the person from being as close to God as possible, and being as close as possible is the primary purpose in life. But we don't go around misers and say "stop coveting money because it keeps you from God." All of which is to say, you get to make your own choices, but you don't get a right to make someone feel small because they don't live your code of conduct. I suppose you'd think but why is this woman made to feel "small?"

Firstly, you asserted that only Chrisitans are the ones who have to alter their beliefs. But everyone knows that gay and lesbian people are in organizations like Scouting or on teams where it is NOT ok to be out. So it's not just Christians who find a sin in gay that are put out.

But in a way you are right that any person who wants to make a life in women's soccer who finds anything wrong in lesbianism is going to be very limited in where she can play and work. Still, I'm sure there are professions that aren't very welcoming to gays and lesbians.

That has nothing to do with why the woman wasn't on the team, and we don't know why that was. But the US team is suing over "equality." They ARE political, and not just the ones who go lesbian. The team is unique in that, but anyone on the team has to be with the program of women should get as much as men, and women, lesbian or not, stick together. Anyone not with that program, Christian or whatever, isn't on the team.

OT: I was rude to you some time ago, and I'm sorry.

If you want to see the left change sides, then for the next invite to play for the US World Cup team, require all players to wear a jersey that promotes hetrosexuality.

Then let's see if they say the same thing here.

'That she was offered but turned down the invite.'
What does such a jersey look like?
I don't think there is one, but what I am saying that if such a rule was foisted on the Woman's soccer team and any gay member refused to play because of the jersey, you won't be demanding that they are allowed to play, or that she was somehow barred from playing on the USA team.
Gay pride shirts don't "promote" homosexuality. Rather, if you're gay, it's ok. Be happy about yourself.
Okay, good. Then Straight pride shirts don't promote heterosexuality and its okay to have those shirts a requirement on the US Women's soccer team.

If you want to see the left change sides, then for the next invite to play for the US World Cup team, require all players to wear a jersey that promotes hetrosexuality.

I don't think there is one, but what I am saying that if such a rule was foisted on the Woman's soccer team and any gay member refused to play because of the jersey, you won't be demanding that they are allowed to play, or that she was somehow barred from playing on the USA team.
Gay pride shirts don't "promote" homosexuality. Rather, if you're gay, it's ok. Be happy about yourself.
Okay, good. Then Straight pride shirts don't promote heterosexuality and its okay to have those shirts a requirement on the US Women's soccer team.
I don't think the straight players were "turned" by the shirts.

I don't think the straight players were "turned" by the shirts.
That is not what we are discussing, is it?

Let Me know when you want to get back on topic.

It’s the same people who are all in a frenzy over an opinionated piece about a Christian soccer player, who didn’t make the “A team” maybe because she is a Christian.
But those same people choose to ignore what the Bible says about lying, adultery, taking care of God’s Earth, revenge, worshiping money, loving your neighbor and narcissism, when it comes their own god, Donald J Trump.
Not fake news, just fake Christians.
Your deflecting. If this continues you will kill the real Christians, so don't fret. Then you will get it. As Spock said....the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. And boy have you few been on a kizz ass roll for decades.

Talk about defecting!
I bring up the obvious. 1, the OP is pure conjecture. I pointed that fact out.
2, I again pointed out the obvious, Trump is no where near aGod fearing man, his actions speak volumes, yet his goose-steppers can demonize people as heathens based on an opinion piece, but his loyal followers accept bigger and more frequent sins by Trump. One word comes to mind,,, hypocrisy.
Lastly, you don’t know me, you know nothing about me. Don’t try to pretend that you can analyze anything about me.
Based on your your response to my post, all I can say is, “is that all you got?”

It’s the same people who are all in a frenzy over an opinionated piece about a Christian soccer player, who didn’t make the “A team” maybe because she is a Christian.
But those same people choose to ignore what the Bible says about lying, adultery, taking care of God’s Earth, revenge, worshiping money, loving your neighbor and narcissism, when it comes their own god, Donald J Trump.
Not fake news, just fake Christians.
Your deflecting. If this continues you will kill the real Christians, so don't fret. Then you will get it. As Spock said....the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. And boy have you few been on a kizz ass roll for decades.

Talk about defecting!
I bring up the obvious. 1, the OP is pure conjecture. I pointed that fact out.
2, I again pointed out the obvious, Trump is no where near aGod fearing man, his actions speak volumes, yet his goose-steppers can demonize people as heathens based on an opinion piece, but his loyal followers accept bigger and more frequent sins by Trump. One word comes to mind,,, hypocrisy.
Lastly, you don’t know me, you know nothing about me. Don’t try to pretend that you can analyze anything about me.
Based on your your response to my post, all I can say is, “is that all you got?”
Trump is what he is. But he has backed up the Christians. This is how far the nation has declined that no other politician has. You say goose steppers. Everything we do or say is becoming a crime now. And that is not on one side. From hate crime accusations to massive surveillance abuses our future is written. As for the soccer team. I met arrogance, obnoxiousness and the rest in my life. But it was guys. Not this shit. Half the men in this nation at least would watch a female get raped, maimed or killed. Over half the milennial men will never get married. I am not a preacher. I am a realist. Our whole system is based on a large government paying people off. Nature has a way of showing up at the most untimely junctures in human history. If you believe people are demonizing others as heathens, it is because our nation has become one of our system reflecting so called values to a system pushing new so called values. As an observer I am telling you. We are losing our competitive leadership in the global economic game. The game of foundation over the printing press. Demographics may not interest you or you may come up with your own. But we are a descending power that has also become extremely selfish in our personal ways.

Those are what they wear every game they are not wearing the gay pride ones.

Forum List

Back