Plaxico Burress suspended

DavidS

Anti-Tea Party Member
Sep 7, 2008
New York, NY
But for only 4 games. Which means he can play in the playoffs when the Giants make them later this year.

According to WABC Channel 7 News.

Burress can not play in the playoffs. He was placed on non-injured reserve which disqualifies him from playing for the rest of the NFL's season, including the postseason.

Who cares, he belongs in jail. If it was you or me in that situation we woul dbe in the brooklyn detention house right now.

The only reason you say that is because he didn't have a permit to carry.

Otherwise, if you were him, you'd want to carry protection around with you too. I'm sure he's got enemies he never even intended to have, just for being Plaxico Burress.

I don't blame him for wanting to have a weapon to protect himself in case shit jumped off, but I don't condone not having a permit while doing so. Especially not in NYC.

It is a typical "Vick" situation. He has all the money, fame, and glory but his ego and idiocy gets in the way. Simple as that. It would be a huge surprise if he does not get jail time out of this.

He makes the winning SB catch and, within 12 months, he pulls a prank like this. Actually, I don't think the Giants will miss a beat without him. They certainly made the Redskins look silly...

It is a typical "Vick" situation. He has all the money, fame, and glory but his ego and idiocy gets in the way. Simple as that. It would be a huge surprise if he does not get jail time out of this.

He makes the winning SB catch and, within 12 months, he pulls a prank like this. Actually, I don't think the Giants will miss a beat without him. They certainly made the Redskins look silly...

This is not like Vick at all. Vick willfully and intentionally harmed dogs for entertainment. Burress made a stupid mistake. He went to a club and maybe he felt safer with the gun. People like him -- lots of fame and fortune need to watch out for themselves. Why he would go to a club that would require him to carry a gun -- that's another story.

He's getting a real bad rap. I hope he doesn't have to serve time, although that will be very unlikely. The gun laws in New York are so ridiculous. Basically your hands are tied if you want to protect yourself.

He's getting a real bad rap. I hope he doesn't have to serve time, although that will be very unlikely. The gun laws in New York are so ridiculous. Basically your hands are tied if you want to protect yourself.

Not really. If he wanted to protect himself, he should have gotten a permit to carry the gun. He is not that dumb. No, what he did is not as bad as dog fighting but it carries a manditory sentence. I have nothing against him or the Giants but this was a very stupid move.

Not really. If he wanted to protect himself, he should have gotten a permit to carry the gun. He is not that dumb. No, what he did is not as bad as dog fighting but it carries a manditory sentence. I have nothing against him or the Giants but this was a very stupid move.

Yes he was stupid, but regular civilians in New York cannot carry guns. Getting a permit to carry a gun requires some advance planning. He probably would have been able to get one with his celebrity status. The gun laws in NY are so prejudicial. A celebrity can get a permit to carry, but little ole me would never be able to get it.

Forum List

Back