Plastic coffee

can you take it back?

Yes. I am going to take care of that tomorrow. Maybe I will go the way of ceramic

Brown Ceramic Double Teapot Coffee Pot with by maggiemaevintage

I have to say.... i do love coffee from a chemex........ it takes a bit more time to brew but its fun! I have a Cuisinart and have never detected any off plastic taste.

Chemex | Chemex® Coffeemakers & Filters

Cuisinart DCC-1200, Brew Central 12-Cup Home Coffee Maker, Stainless Decor - Coffee Wholesale USA

Some things... ARE just priceless for amusement and laughs.......

:lmao:

New reputation!
Hi, you have received -9 reputation points from Black_Label.
Reputation was given for this post.

Comment:
Eat shit you stupid bitch

Regards,
Black_Label

Note: This is an automated message.

PixieStix said:
I purchased a coffee maker and it made my coffee taste like an old sneaker.
Its disgusting YES,everything is using PLASTIC GARBAGE now!!

:(

I have spent the last 3 days searching for something that isn't poison. I purchased a french press. Guess that will do till I can find something more convenient and non poison

Called Mr Coffee. They are sending me a free one. I just sighed and hung up

PixieStix said:

I have spent the last 3 days searching for something that isn't poison. I purchased a french press. Guess that will do till I can find something more convenient and non poison

So, girl-with-avatar-from-the-movie-Hero, how's you're coffee now?

So, girl-with-avatar-from-the-movie-Hero, how's you're coffee now?

It is really good, I love the way it tastes now. It will be great for weekends when I get to relax. But the workdays will be a problem. Will have to get up about 15 minutes earlier because *I* am the coffee timer now. :D

I still have a Pyrex glass stove-top coffee pot that was my mom's from forever ago. Like this:

il_570xN.169652755.jpg

Never use it but I should because it perks the coffee rather than drips it and perked coffee is always better.

Why didn't I ever think about the plastic in a coffee maker I'll never know. I hate plastic too. We've used Mr. Coffee for some time and it's ... ok. Not great but not dishwater either.

I might drag out my Pyrex pot and make myself a cup tomorrow!

I still have a Pyrex glass stove-top coffee pot that was my mom's from forever ago. Like this:

il_570xN.169652755.jpg

Never use it but I should because it perks the coffee rather than drips it and perked coffee is always better.

Why didn't I ever think about the plastic in a coffee maker I'll never know. I hate plastic too. We've used Mr. Coffee for some time and it's ... ok. Not great but not dishwater either.

I might drag out my Pyrex pot and make myself a cup tomorrow!

Oh, if I had one of those in my house it would so get used. I have been looking at glass percolators, some dripolators too

I am sooo done with coffee makers made with any kind of plastic.

Anyone have a good or bad experience they would like to share about the new coffee makers?

some coffee makers are made from recycled sneakers.
Please recycle.

For a time, we cold brewed our coffee. Can't remember the process, but it was very mellow- almost too much so. We got tired of it real fast.

Evil stepson got us one of those Keurig setups last Christmas. It's dandy, unless you get company. :D

Anyone have a good or bad experience they would like to share about the new coffee makers?

some coffee makers are made from recycled sneakers.
Please recycle.

So that is why my coffee has that distinctive after taste of Toe Cheese.....

So I got out that glass coffee maker and made some wonderful coffee. Lovely caffeine buzz! lol We had Italian roast coffee (not my fav) and it tasted pretty darn good. Going with the French roast next time.

Here's the thing ... drip coffee makers make a pot of coffee (ours is a 12 cup maker and we make about 10 cups) in about 5-8 minutes or so but you sacrifice flavor (imo); this glass coffee maker takes about 15-20 minutes (once it really gets going it only takes about 5 minutes or so till you can pour yourself a cup). So you have to wait a bit longer for better flavor.

Alas, it's only a four cup maker (ok so the whole pot nearly filled my mug which holds 16 oz. Didn't they consider a cup about 6oz or so back in the day?) so it's only good for one cup of coffee here. That's ok by me cause that's all I want. All for me! :D

I had to throw away my last 2 Coffee-Makers because everything just tasted horrible. Never had this problem before but I suppose I never used to drink 2-3 Cups in the morning then. Have been using a French press for a while and am very happy about the taste of my Coffee. Though my bf has been pushing me to get a Nespresso or Dolce Gusto ore some such thing I can't really say I want that.

uhmmm

You know what old sneaker taste like?

Is this a local thing
a Pixie family tradition
a Sorority rite of passage
or did you just lose a bet?

personally I'm hoping for some naughty sorority hijinx

and then some...

Forum List

Back