Planting seeds of truth, right and wrong!

DDdavis

DDdavis
Jul 17, 2010
Jennings, Oklahoma
When you plant a seed in a garden, do you make that seed grow? No. God makes it grow, you can water it, pull the weeds from it, but you do not make it grow. The same goes with Gods word. Words of truth some people just refuse to except, they would rather hear philosophy, to make them feel good, and be politicaly correct instead of the natural order that God has set forth. Like the courts letting someone that rapes and kills little children plea bargin for a lesser sentence, when they dont take in to concideration that that child didnt have the choice to plea bargin. That is why our jails and prisons are so overcrouded. If a person is convicted red handed, they should let the next of kin cast the first stone and these things would cease to happen. This is right in any religion. Just my point of view and the God that I serve, your god may think you should give them a second chance, but ive seen it happen over and over, that those that are given a second chance tend to kill again.

Last edited:
When you plant a seed in a garden, do you make that seed grow? No. God makes it grow, you can water it, pull the weeds from it, but you do not make it grow. The same goes with Gods word. Words of truth some people just refuse to except, they would rather hear philosophy, to make them feel good, and be politicaly correct instead of the natural order that God has set forth. Like the courts letting someone that rapes and kills little children plea bargin for a lesser sentence, when they dont take in to concideration that that child didnt have the choice to plea bargin. That is why our jails and prisons are so overcrouded. If a person is convicted red handed, they should let the next of kin cast the first stone and these things would cease to happen. This is right in any religion. Just my point of view and the God that I serve, your god may think you should give them a second chance, but ive seen it happen over and over, that those that are given a second chance tend to kill again.

You aren't a gardener are you? God makes a plant grow? What God are you talking about?

A seed under the right conditions will grow, but it if the conditions aren't right, it won't grow. I don't know of know of any God that makes seeds grow.

The best words of truth come from science.

How would discribe the natural order that God set further?

Do you consider yourself to be Christian? That means following Jesus, right? Jesus, tells us to forgive, right? And when comes to throwing stones, he says, may the person who is without sin, throw the first stone and no one in the stroy making this point, threw a stone.
Perhaps you are Jew or a Moslem?

Last edited:

Which God?

Whose truth?

Some people spent enough years thumping a Bible before opening his mind that his knowledge of the 'God' of The Bible, combined with his preaching the Atheist Doctrine and the charmed and lucky life that he leads is proof that The Bible is no more significant than any other work of period fiction that humans have produced.

If God exists, I should be a brief weather headline and a lightning statistic - instead, I'm one of the luckiest guys I know!

:wtf: There is a very small percentage of your fellow Americans who believe child rape should be a "slap on the wrist" crime... I'm calling 'BULLSHIT!'

Dood - Our prisons are overcrowded because too many tax paying Americans are incarcerated for weed, not because too many psychotic child rapers are getting paroled.

Once again: "BULLSHIT!"

Just my humble opinion, but your point of view seems a bit contradictory... :eusa_think:

Last edited:
How on earth does the Word of Truth not make us feel good? Kind of hard to execute a plan of happiness if it didn't bring us happiness.

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
"Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law." (Gal 5:22-23)

Last time I checked, those things make you feel good.

As for giving people a second chance. I have to look at what the Savior said:

21 ¶ Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?
22 Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.
23 ¶ Therefore is the kingdom of heaven likened unto a certain king, which would take account of his servants.
24 And when he had begun to reckon, one was brought unto him, which owed him ten thousand talents.
25 But forasmuch as he had not to pay, his lord commanded him to be sold, and his wife, and children, and all that he had, and payment to be made.
26 The servant therefore fell down, and worshipped him, saying, Lord, have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.
27 Then the lord of that servant was moved with compassion, and loosed him, and forgave him the debt.
28 But the same servant went out, and found one of his fellowservants, which owed him an hundred pence: and he laid hands on him, and took him by the throat, saying, Pay me that thou owest.
29 And his fellowservant fell down at his feet, and besought him, saying, Have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.
30 And he would not: but went and cast him into prison, till he should pay the debt.
31 So when his fellowservants saw what was done, they were very sorry, and came and told unto their lord all that was done.
32 Then his lord, after that he had called him, said unto him, O thou wicked servant, I forgave thee all that debt, because thou desiredst me:
33 Shouldest not thou also have had compassion on thy fellowservant, even as I had pity on thee?
34 And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto him.
35 So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses. (Matthew 18:21-35)

You are free to have whatever view you want. But, no offense, I am going to agree with my Savior.

How on earth does the Word of Truth not make us feel good? Kind of hard to execute a plan of happiness if it didn't bring us happiness.

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
"Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law." (Gal 5:22-23)

Last time I checked, those things make you feel good.

I think I know what you are talking about but I want to set the truth upon it's rock here.

In the verse quoted above, the words "Fruit of the Spirit" are very signifivant. let me explain. You can have love, and it can feel good, and you can have love that hurts. When the love you have is a part of the Fruit of the Spirit, love is far less a feeling than an action.

You can have joy, and it can feel good, but if that joy is a part of the fruit of the Spirit, it will somehow express itself in a praise to God when it looks like there is nothing to praise Him for.

I think you get the picture, all of the fruit of the Spirit is far more than feelings.
The fruit of the Spirit naturally lifts God high, and blesses thers. You can certainly feel good about that. It isn't the fruit that produces the feelings, it is the product of the fruit that produces the feelings. Just a thought.

So your saying that if someone broke into your house and raped or started to rape one of your children and you had the means to stop them even if it meant blowing them away you would choose to let them have their way and then forgive them? Look in Gods word! Yes you are to forgive your enemy, but your forgeting that Jesus also said that he came not to change one jot of the law. You need to read Deuteronomy the laws of God 13:6 tru 12& 17:2 thru 8 & 19:11thru 14 Like I said not my words Gods words, and man has changed Gods word so much, even the 10 commandments have been changed. Its not thou shall not kill, its thou shall do no murder, lay and wait. The only thing that Jesus did away with is the blood sacrifice for our sins and replaced it with grace. You are to love your enemy enough to correct them, even if it takes a little tough love. Just like your suppose to correct your children, God says if you dont correct them you hate their souls.

I guess you havent noticed all the killings on the border because of weed and other drugs. You smoke it long enough and you wont be able to figure out how to log on to this site anymore.

Ya ive heard your words of honor, so be an honorable man and set back and let someone rape your wife or your daugther and pat him on the back and say I forgive you brother, you just couldnt control yourself. Or let some radical come over and cut their heads off in the name of their god, and be an honorable man, put them in prison where it cost more to house them than you probably live on, and you call that honor? Study and show yourself approved, thats honor my friend. Like I said Jesus words; I came not to change one jot of the law, you left that one out.

You mean theirs? thers? Jesus said he did not come to change one jot or tittle of the law, the law is still in effect untill all be fulfilled. And I called no names like was done to me. God said even the evil stick together, why cant my children?

Last edited:
Evil is to be resisted by peace and love. We turn the other cheek and forgive others for a reason. It's not weakness. It's strength.

If you want justice. that's fine. You'll get what you ask for. I'd just rather have mercy.

So your saying that if someone broke into your house and raped or started to rape one of your children and you had the means to stop them even if it meant blowing them away you would choose to let them have their way and then forgive them? Look in Gods word! Yes you are to forgive your enemy, but your forgeting that Jesus also said that he came not to change one jot of the law. You need to read Deuteronomy the laws of God 13:6 tru 12& 17:2 thru 8 & 19:11thru 14 Like I said not my words Gods words, and man has changed Gods word so much, even the 10 commandments have been changed. Its not thou shall not kill, its thou shall do no murder, lay and wait. The only thing that Jesus did away with is the blood sacrifice for our sins and replaced it with grace. You are to love your enemy enough to correct them, even if it takes a little tough love. Just like your suppose to correct your children, God says if you dont correct them you hate their souls.

So, you are saying that we should kill our disobedient children, kill homosexuals, unfaithful wives, and the likes, right? How is that forgiving your enemy?

I guess you havent noticed all the killings on the border because of weed and other drugs. You smoke it long enough and you wont be able to figure out how to log on to this site anymore.

BTW...Who are you responding to on your posts? Please make sure we know what posts your responses are for.

So, you are saying that we should kill our disobedient children, kill homosexuals, unfaithful wives, and the likes, right? How is that forgiving your enemy?

Well Smartt, aren't you the one who hates gays and won't shop at Home Depot because they did something for gay pride day?

Well Smartt, aren't you the one who hates gays and won't shop at Home Depot because they did something for gay pride day?

Gays are people, and no I don't hate them. The ones I know, I personally love very much. the others I love just as I love humankind.

Gay pride is not about the people, it is about the gay sex! No, you cannot tell me different, look at the parades and tell me it is not about gay sex. So, yes, I am against gay pride, and all it represents regarding immorality.

So you got it wrong.

Read the Parable of the sower. Who made the dirt that you put the seed in, who made the water that you put on it, who made you. Before to long theres going to be grass growing from you, because you are going back to dirt, just as it is written in Ecclesiastes 12:6&7

It only takes one appointed Judge to change the law, just one. And just like everything in this country is for sale, the whitehouse, congress, judges ect. How long do you think that the red nation that our leaders have sold this country to are going to wait for repayment? First time in history, that a red nation owns more of this country that americans do. You might not be behind bars, but dont be fooled you are still being controlled. They can put a tank on your front lawn, if you have one, and there is nothing you can do about it. Just like they bailed out wallstreet, did you have a say in that my friend?

You ar just skateing by, some people are lucky like that, but when it really comes down to it, you think you are getting by but the real trial hasent happened yet. Some people win the lottery more than once, but you follow them and it usually destroys them and everything they love or have loved. You ever read the book curse of the lottery. People usually destroy themselves if given the chance.

"So your saying that if someone broke into your house and raped or started to rape one of your children and you had the means to stop them even if it meant blowing them away you would choose to let them have their way and then forgive them? Look in Gods word! Yes you are to forgive your enemy, but your forgeting that Jesus also said that he came not to change one jot of the law. You need to read Deuteronomy the laws of God 13:6 tru 12& 17:2 thru 8 & 19:11thru 14 Like I said not my words Gods words,"

well

according to your god
(in gods own words)

I can SELL my daughter into slavery (she being my property, apparently)
and her new owner can have sex with her....and it would NOT be rape

soooooooo.........
instead off killing the intruder
I can just sell my daughter to him for...$10?...too much? an IOU?

and then god will be happy!
and I won't have to kill the guy

Forum List

Back