plantar fasciitis

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
wtf??? Ok. That's what I have. I think.

And I only realized thats what it MIGHT be due to tonights episode of Survivor. That carbuncle thingy on the bottom of Matthews foot is EXACTLY what mine looks like. Except I was digging around on mine thinking it a splinter. But nothing is in there. NOTHING.

So..anyone ever experience this weird heel/foot thing?

I'm thinking along the lines of sole inserts. That thing would cut off my circulation.

I go to the doc next month so I will make SURE its not a splinter way down deep. If he says plantawhateverthefuckitscalled, THEN I will get his opinion on the best insert to get.

Do you have it, Rhineland?

And I only realized thats what it MIGHT be due to tonights episode of Survivor. That carbuncle thingy on the bottom of Matthews foot is EXACTLY what mine looks like. Except I was digging around on mine thinking it a splinter. But nothing is in there. NOTHING.

sweetie----lots of stuff can happen on the plantar surface or area. You can get a little wart.-----you can get an inflammation of a FASCIA----that is a tendonitis of membrane between the little foot bones or you can get a little abscess-----"carbuncle" -----see a doctor----he will be able to know right away. It is not a difficult diagnosis

I had a carbuncle on the back of my neck once.

One day when I squeezed it with my fingers the thing exploded and putrid white pus splattered all over the bathroom wall. It smelled so bad that I ran to the toilet and puked.

Even though that was over a quarter century ago I still remember that smell as if it just happened yesterday. It was absolutely gross.

I go to the doc next month so I will make SURE its not a splinter way down deep. If he says plantawhateverthefuckitscalled, THEN I will get his opinion on the best insert to get.

Episode of "Alaskan Bush People" on Discovery mentioned their cure for splinters. Soak a piece of white bread in vinegar, stick the slice of white bread over the splinter, cover with bandage, and wait overnight. Dunno if it works, but as home remedies go even if it doesn't at least it isn't harmful. :) Looking it up though just now, it appears on various home remedy sites including this one "10 home remedies for a splinter"

Splinters Home Remedies My Home Remedies

Read this and do't wait too long to see a doctor if you do have a carbuncle!

Carbuncles Causes Symptoms and Treatments

When I had Plantar Fasciitis there was nothing visible on the sole of my foot. It's a muscular or skeletal thing.

Read this and do't wait too long to see a doctor if you do have a carbuncle!

Carbuncles Causes Symptoms and Treatments
I kept opening it up to see if there was a splinter working its way out. Nothing. Just flesh. No boils. No pus. Nothing. So when I go to Doc I will have him take a look at it. But I'm betting its the plantarwhatever. Same spot in all the images I looked at on google. Same symptoms. It ain't a splinter. I hafta walk weird due to RA in the joints so I probably strained the hell out of those tendons and muscles in the bottom of my foot.

When I had Plantar Fasciitis there was nothing visible on the sole of my foot. It's a muscular or skeletal thing.
Could be a bone spur irritating the skin. Me digging in there to see if it was something I stepped on didn't help, probably. It still kinda hurts but I can walk on it without screaming. Feels like a bone bruise on my heel.

I first got plantar fasciitis from my basketball days and re aggravated it a few years back doing heavy calf raises at the gym.

Foot stretches help tremendously. I tried orthotics, but gave up on them pretty quickly.

I'm thinking along the lines of sole inserts. That thing would cut off my circulation.
My doctor recommended an insert and it helped. Check with any good shoe store that sells that sort of thing.

If it's plantar fasciitis, then get yourself some good inserts for your shoes. Try these as they have worked great for me; Orthotic Inserts And Shoe Insoles For Foot Pain Relief - Powerstep I would suggest going with the pinnacles. I had plantar fasciitis for about four months. I run about 25 miles per week during the summer but developed the fasciitis after running in bad shoes on the treadmill over the winter. The inserts helped a great deal and I have not had a repeat as I continue to wear the inserts in all my shoes now.

I got some Dr Scholls inserts. My feet are happy. But it was not plantar fasciitis. I was sitting outside, barefoot, and my feet were soggy from watering so I looked at it again and I saw a black dot right in the center. Something was there, although I couldn't see it for 2 friggin weeks. It was trying to work its way out, I guess. Kinda hard to do when walking just pushed it back up there. So..I got a needle and started digging with a vengeance this time. I got enough heel sole skin peeled away to get a good grab and pulled it. It kept coming..and coming..and coming. About 1/4 of an inch later....it was out. Piece of tiny metal. Twisted like a braid. I stuck a magnet to it after I got it out so it was some kind of metal from Mr Gracies metal scrapping that I stepped on cuz it went flyin' to the magnet itself.
All healed now. But I still love my inserts!

Episode of "Alaskan Bush People" on Discovery mentioned their cure for splinters. Soak a piece of white bread in vinegar, stick the slice of white bread over the splinter, cover with bandage, and wait overnight. Dunno if it works, but as home remedies go even if it doesn't at least it isn't harmful. :) Looking it up though just now, it appears on various home remedy sites including this one "10 home remedies for a splinter"

Splinters Home Remedies My Home Remedies
That is a scripted reality show. I wouldn't take advice from those Discovery frauds.

Forum List

Back