Planned parenthood?

Planned Parenthood should be funded by the government...

Your collectivist buddies were not able to answer the question so I'll pose it to you. Under which enumerated power is the federal government given the authority to fund facilities like PP?

...because there are many women's health services offered to women who cannot afford them otherwise.

Is that a rule? If one cannot afford something, the government should pay?

Write a frickin' check to PP if you feel strongly about it. Start your own 'Abortions for Free' clinic if that's your thing. Just stop stealing from productive citizens because you think you know what's best for everyone else. It's nauseating.

But MY party of one sees the monetary gain by providing birth control and abortions.
As I said I do not kowtow tio either party.
I do lean left a bit, mostly because most right weingrs seem to be pricks.

I believe in the right to berar arms with reasonable controls.
I believe in a balanced budget.
I believe in the death penalty.
I believe in food stamps, etc for those who really need them.
I believe in a strong defense but that we are not to be the police force for the world.
I was against TARP.
I was for stimulus money to help with unemployment benefits, etc to help people thru the hard times. Other than the benefit money flowing right back into the economy I did not expect any real stimulus effect.
I was against Iraq and anything over 6 months in Afganistan.
Kick ass take names and leave with a warning that we will be back if you mess with us again.

In the posts I've seen, you are definitely more left, but I agree you're not always on the side of the left like liberal stalwarts like truthmatters or rightwinger.

But seriously, the "right" are generally pricks? That is such a biased statement. Not that many on the right aren't pricks, but the campaign of hate by Obama, his ass of a VP not to mention the truly hate filled rants of Reid and Pelosi and the endless anger and hate spewed from the rest of the left and you use "prick" as a reason to support them? Please

Just look at the ratio of insults and such here from the right vs the left.
Yes pricks.

I support people with reasonable views and proper attitudes on here, I do not support fussin or fightin from either side.

I do admit to picking on a few of the more ignroant and aggravating posters on here.
Just jike to poke them with a stick to get a rise sometimes :D

If you don't support fussin or fighting, then why state that you lean left because us normal folks are pricks, you fuckin disgusting parasite?

Your collectivist buddies were not able to answer the question so I'll pose it to you. Under which enumerated power is the federal government given the authority to fund facilities like PP?

...because there are many women's health services offered to women who cannot afford them otherwise.

Write a frickin' check to PP if you feel strongly about it. Start your own 'Abortions for Free' clinic if that's your thing. Just stop stealing from productive citizens because you think you know what's best for everyone else. It's nauseating.

Yes, for the OWS parasites, that is the general role. And it falls under the general welfare clause. Anything they think you should have, but yOu have not othered to budget for, should be paid for by the gubmint, compliments of the wage earners n this country. It's all for the public good. Like abortion. For whatever whimsical reason a woman might have to want one, she deserves to have one. Subsidized.

The health of the nation's people is a vital national interest. The federal government has the right and the justification to take measures that work towards protecting, maintaining, improving the health of the people.

No... Freedom should allow people to make choices for themselves. It is not the Government's business to tell me how much soda pop I should be allowed to consume every day for example.

Just look at the ratio of insults and such here from the right vs the left.

Ridiculous. Your brain may occasionally part from the left, but your feelings don't. When the left do it, you don't register it like when the right do it. The endless threads and posts on how the right are racists, attacking women, want people to starve, hate "immigrants" and so on just don't register with you the same way. Reid, Pelosi, Obama and Biden whether they actually feel "hate" or not are certainly spewing it as no one else in DC right now to get their way.

The health of the nation's people is a vital national interest. The federal government has the right and the justification to take measures that work towards protecting, maintaining, improving the health of the people.

No... Freedom should allow people to make choices for themselves. It is not the Government's business to tell me how much soda pop I should be allowed to consume every day for example.

One people turn their "health" over to the government, there is no end to the worst oppression of the worst kind of tyrannical government.

I saw a program interviewing a government nutritionist about the new healthy choices being offered by fast food places. The nutritionist's claim was that it was still bad because people were still allowed to choose unhealthy alternatives. That's where the changes need to be made. Having salad on the menu isn't changing eating habits because someone might choose to have a Big Mac instead.

If the entirety of one's "health" is turned over the government control, then the government would find itself with the power to only distribute that food which the government finds meets the nutritional requirements of the general public to each individual. You won't be able to exceed your allowed calories for the day, it would be illegal.

Suppose you needed a heart transplant to survive and the only way to obtain it was through government funded health insurance. You'd turn it down then because you couldn't afford it otherwise and you don't think the government should pay?

Suppose you needed a heart transplant to survive and the only way to obtain it was through government funded health insurance. You'd turn it down then because you couldn't afford it otherwise and you don't think the government should pay?

But that's NOT the only way to obtain the heart transplant. That's what health insurance is for...so buy it and stop mooching off other people. A lack of proper planning on your part does not constitute an emergency for someone else.

I answered your question. Now, will you answer mine?

Last edited:

Contrived scenario. The point is his odds are better if government isn't involved, he's more likely to be able to afford it. In Canada, you are more likely to die of heart disease and cancer than the US, even considering that the Canadians who can afford it come to the US for treatment.

Question, why does the goverment help subsidize Planned Parenthood? This is not an attack on PP, as I do think they do a lot of good, just confused as to how/ why the goverment got into the business of paying them to do it.
Wikipedia is your friend:

Planned Parenthood has received federal funding since 1970, when President Richard Nixon signed into law the Family Planning Services and Population Research Act, amending the Public Health Service Act. Title X of that law provides funding for family planning services, including contraception and family planning information. The law enjoyed bipartisan support from liberals who saw contraception access as increasing families' control over their lives, and conservatives who saw it as a way to keep people off welfare. Nixon described Title X funding as based on the premise that "no American woman should be denied access to family planning assistance because of her economic condition."[41]

Question, why does the goverment help subsidize Planned Parenthood? This is not an attack on PP, as I do think they do a lot of good, just confused as to how/ why the goverment got into the business of paying them to do it.
Wikipedia is your friend:

Planned Parenthood has received federal funding since 1970, when President Richard Nixon signed into law the Family Planning Services and Population Research Act, amending the Public Health Service Act. Title X of that law provides funding for family planning services, including contraception and family planning information. The law enjoyed bipartisan support from liberals who saw contraception access as increasing families' control over their lives, and conservatives who saw it as a way to keep people off welfare. Nixon described Title X funding as based on the premise that "no American woman should be denied access to family planning assistance because of her economic condition."[41]

We need to stop the cycle that you want something, so government should force everyone to pay for it. I agree with you on that women should have access to "family planning assistance," but unlike you I don't think other people's money should be confiscated at gunpoint for my view on that. I research and donate to the causes I support.

BTW, Planned Parenthood is a good customer of my business, I'm totally in favor of what they do so don't bother going to that I'm a socon. I'm a libertarian.

No doubt, but forcing people into a health care plan they don't want to be in is another story.

No one is forced into purchasing health care. The issue simplified for the simple minded (and that B U) is everyone will need medical attention at some time in our life. If we don't avail ourselves to preventative medicine it will most likely be sooner than later. And then there are accidents, communicable disease and epidemics and pandemics.

The very poor, the very stupid and greedy and the mentally ill either cannot afford, can't purchase or will not buy health insurance. Yet, they will be treated when injured or ill and the responsible citizens will pay.

As one of the simple minded I don't expect you have considered such an issue/problem but it in fact existed until the Affordable Care Act was passed by Congress and signed by the President.

One people turn their "health" over to the government, there is no end to the worst oppression of the worst kind of tyrannical government.

I saw a program interviewing a government nutritionist about the new healthy choices being offered by fast food places. The nutritionist's claim was that it was still bad because people were still allowed to choose unhealthy alternatives. That's where the changes need to be made. Having salad on the menu isn't changing eating habits because someone might choose to have a Big Mac instead.

If the entirety of one's "health" is turned over the government control, then the government would find itself with the power to only distribute that food which the government finds meets the nutritional requirements of the general public to each individual. You won't be able to exceed your allowed calories for the day, it would be illegal.

Oh please

black-helicopter.jpg

No doubt, but forcing people into a health care plan they don't want to be in is another story.

No one is forced into purchasing health care. The issue simplified for the simple minded (and that B U) is everyone will need medical attention at some time in our life. If we don't avail ourselves to preventative medicine it will most likely be sooner than later. And then there are accidents, communicable disease and epidemics and pandemics.

The very poor, the very stupid and greedy and the mentally ill either cannot afford, can't purchase or will not buy health insurance. Yet, they will be treated when injured or ill and the responsible citizens will pay.

As one of the simple minded I don't expect you have considered such an issue/problem but it in fact existed until the Affordable Care Act was passed by Congress and signed by the President.[/

Talk about simple minded. Can't get much more simple minded than to think the solution to the poor budgeting of the very stupid and greedy, the very poor, and the mentally ill not purchasing health insurance is to force everyone to purchase health insurance. That is the epitome of simple minded. You are a fuckin moronic OWS parasite, wry. A true simpleton, deserving of scorn and a good asskicking.

Planned Parenthood receives record amount of taxpayer support

Published January 08, 2013
FoxNews.com

Planned Parenthood reported receiving a record $542 million in taxpayer support in fiscal 2012, marking a steady increase in government funding despite Republican-led efforts at the state and federal levels to cut off that stream.

The funding figures were included in the abortion provider's annual report released Monday. The numbers showed roughly 45 percent of Planned Parenthood's budget now comes from taxpayer dollars.

Pro-life groups quickly seized on the report to renew their calls for Congress to "defund" Planned Parenthood.

Read more: Planned Parenthood receives record amount of taxpayer support | Fox News

Defund Planned Parenthood Petition

...:D

FoxNews.com

Planned Parenthood reported receiving a record $542 million in taxpayer support in fiscal 2012, marking a steady increase in government funding despite Republican-led efforts at the state and federal levels to cut off that stream.

The funding figures were included in the abortion provider's annual report released Monday. The numbers showed roughly 45 percent of Planned Parenthood's budget now comes from taxpayer dollars.

Pro-life groups quickly seized on the report to renew their calls for Congress to "defund" Planned Parenthood.

Read more: Planned Parenthood receives record amount of taxpayer support | Fox News

Are these pro-life groups ready to step up to the plate and fund the children that are born because PP is defunded? If not, they really should keep their moralistic nonsense to themselves.

FoxNews.com

Are these pro-life groups ready to step up to the plate and fund the children that are born because PP is defunded? If not, they really should keep their moralistic nonsense to themselves.

And you shoiuld go back to the Religion board that you ran in shame from where you accuse people of lying after they give you numbers from PP's own financial statement.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/relig...did-333-964-abortions-1-every-94-seconds.html

Your response is to call a person a liar and flee. :badgrin::clap2:

Last edited:

FoxNews.com

And you shoiuld go back to the Religion board that you ran in shame from where you accuse people of lying after they give you numbers from PP's own financial statement.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/relig...did-333-964-abortions-1-every-94-seconds.html

Should I be flattered that you are stalking me or feel pity for you because you don't get the attention you crave?

Should I be flattered that you are stalking me or feel pity for you because you don't get the attention you crave?

Hey asshole who is on the politics board 24/7 according to "YOUR" friends? You know no lows that you'll stoop to to avoid looking like the ass you've already been made to look like.

FAIL..TRY again...What about Page 5? :badgrin: How about an answer?

P.S. If I were "craving attention" as you put it...you would be my last stop. :D

Last edited:

The government created Title X funding. Title X funding goes to entities (PP is one of them) that provide low/no cost family counseling/planning services. It is likely that your county/community health department gets much more funding from Title X than PP does since they are barred from raising money though other means. For example, PP could have a bake sale tomorrow; your LHD could not.

For local governments, PP is a great thing because if PP wasn't there, State, County, and local health departments would have to increase staff to address the issues. The schools, through another front on the Conservative war on thought, stopped teaching hygiene. Churches, of course, teach only abstinence and we all know how well that has worked. If PP were not around, we'd have to invent something like it, I suppose, is the bottom line.

The government isn't writing a bill that funds PP. No. It makes a pool of money available, PP qualifies and it gets the funding.

The conservative attack on Planned Parenthood (aka the reason they lost the 2016 election) is simply a dog whistle attack. It feeds the base. The truth, as is usually the case with conservatives, is a far different version of facts than what they broadcast.

Forum List

Back