Planned Parenthood Pushes Intensive Sex Education for Kids as Young as 10

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
A new report by the International Planned Parenthood Federation is advocating that children as young as 10 be given extensive sex education, including an awareness of sex's pleasures.

The report, "Stand and Deliver," charges that religious groups, specifically Catholics and Muslims, deny their young access to comprehensive sexual programs and education.

"Young people's sexuality is still contentious for many religious institutions. Fundamentalist and other religious groups — the Catholic Church and madrasas (Islamic Schools) for example — have imposed tremendous barriers that prevent young people, particularly, from obtaining information and services related to sex and reproduction. Currently, many religious teachings deny the pleasurable and positive aspects of sex." the report states.

Planned Parenthood Pushes Intensive Sex Education for Kids as Young as 10 - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News - FOXNews.com

Anyone have a problem with the "sexualization" of children?

Didn't you recently post an article about an 11 year old giving birth? In that case, I'd say age 10 sounds about right.

I'm not in total agreement with Planned Parenthood but they have a point about educating kids before they have sex, not after. And that includes everything - proper use of birth control, diseases, and yes abstinence. If we're going to raise the red flag about things like sex parties and pre-teen or very young teen pregnancy then don't just wring your hands, do something about it.

I disagree. Perhaps in some areas children are having sex in middle school, but for most children, "the pleasures of sex" can be discovered when THEY are ready - not when their fifth grade teacher thinks they are.

I am particularly offended by the comments regarding "fundamentalist religions". If certain religions and religious schools do not want to teach youngsters about the "pleasurable and positive aspects of sex." and would rather focus on the CONSEQUENCES of risky sexual behavior, who the hell is Planned Parenthood to tell them otherwise?

These people are hurting their own cause IMHO. I am starting to agree with some of the radicals on this issue that there is a more sinister agenda at work.

"Planned Parenthood said it was unable to comment because the report was issued by its European office..."

I am not going to get myself in a tizzy about what Europe does.

Dagnabit! Didn't you get the memo? Don't concern yourself with details during demonization. It renders the entire purpose a moot point.

"Planned Parenthood said it was unable to comment because the report was issued by its European office..."

I am not going to get myself in a tizzy about what Europe does.

Dagnabit! Didn't you get the memo? Don't concern yourself with details during demonization. It renders the entire purpose a moot point.
My bad.

You two are a laugh riot, you are aware that if they are doing it in Europe they are or will be doing it in the US as well? Guess not you two are just too stupid.

10 is to young. Hell 12 is to young.

It is PARENTS job to teach sex education not schools and not planned Parenthood.

And when the parents don't, or can't because they don't know enough themselves?

Like I said, I don't completely agree with PP. I know some fundamentalists who are up front and realistic with their kids about sex, for example. But as far as how young is too young to start giving them information? I see nothing wrong with 10 or 12. If they're old enough to ask the questions they're old enough to start hearing the answers.

My bad.

You two are a laugh riot, you are aware that if they are doing it in Europe they are or will be doing it in the US as well? Guess not you two are just too stupid.
Well why don't you just traipse on over to Europe and give them a loud ole piece of your prophetic mind.

I am obsessed with the exploitation of children. If you think teaching 10 year olds about sexual pleasure is fine, I might ask you why. Its not sex. It's rape dingbat.

Paperview is right in that this is the IPPF, but when people here start defending it, that's when we have to worry.

Hey - let's teach 10 year old the "pleasures" of alcohol and drugs too! After all, many people enjoy it.

I am obsessed with the exploitation of children. If you think teaching 10 year olds about sexual pleasure is fine, I might ask you why. Its not sex. It's rape dingbat.

Paperview is right in that this is the IPPF, but when people here start defending it, that's when we have to worry.

Hey - let's teach 10 year old the "pleasures" of alcohol and drugs too! After all, many people enjoy it.
Have you read the booklet chanel?

Yes, it's from the European Planned Parenthood office, and it's mostly aimed at 3rd world countries where babies are having babies at an alarming rate and where AIDS and other STDS are transmitted at an even more alarming rate.

Get a grip.

Stop acting like blowjobs are being offered as a recess activity. It's dumbass control freaks like you who sexualize kids because you are so sex obsessed you can't tell the difference between education and actual fucking.

If a sex education class teaches about risks and the fact that at some point their bodies will begin to has a pleasure stimulus which they will need to learn to deal with, that is not a bad thing. Boys and girls react differently and have different adolescent experiences, hence they should have separate classes. For girls the class could also teach about menstruation, which could avoid a Carrie-esque scene where a child believes they are seriously injured.

The classes ought to teach children caution, since abstinence is seen as a "do as I say" routine. Unless nuns are teaching, then it might be "do as I do" but how many want to be a nuns - especially boys (unless they have some odd habits)

Planned Parenthood needs kids to become sexually active as young as possible so there are more unwanted pregnancies and thus more abortions.
Abortion is big business and big revenue to Planned Parenthood.
Follow the money. It's that simple.

Sex is a normal, natural part of life. Why not just treat it that way? You honestly think explaining the word "condom" to a 10 or 12 year old who's seen dozens of ads for Trojans on TV is "rape"? Or that talking to a young curious teenager about sex being a normal, pleasurable experience once they're ready and in the right circumstances is rape? No wonder our kids get so screwed up about sex.

I disagree. Perhaps in some areas children are having sex in middle school, but for most children, "the pleasures of sex" can be discovered when THEY are ready - not when their fifth grade teacher thinks they are.

You realize that one can become pregnant upon the initial discovery of the "pleasures of sex".

Forum List

Back