Planned Parenthood Hits New Low

"In a guide for young people published by the International Planned Parenthood Federation, the organization says it opposes laws that make it a crime for people not to tell sexual partners they have HIV."

I agree with that. I do not think it should be a crime to keep your medical information private. Anyone having sex under any circumstances does so at their own risk. You can never be 100% certain that you or your partner is free of any sexually transmissible diseases.
Nor can you be sure I don't have a tack covered in Curare in my hand when we meet- but that doesn't excuse my knowingly trying to kill you.

You're a piece of shit, eel bitch.

One could argue it is protected by Hipaa.
When I take care of someone, they don't have to tell me if they have a certain disease.
But I think you should tell your partner.
Do I have to tell you if I'm about to set off a bomb vest? In both cases, i know I'm about to kill you- one just takes longer and makes you suffer a whole lot more.

It should not be mandatory to disclose your information to employers or other members of the public. And the physician should not be required to disclose this information.
Depends where you work. If you have aids or HepC, you should be barred from working in a kitchen (with food), as even a small cut you don't even notice could get contaminated blood in someone's food.

I don't know if its a crime not to disclose in the U.S., but I do know purposely infecting someone is. Disclosing HIV status should be encouraged. Period.

God I'm glad I'm not single. Dishonesty and selfishness seems to be all the rage.

It is. People have been sent to prison for life for knowing and willfully having sex without informing their partners they had HIV.

It's not PPFA, it's IPPF

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back