Planned Parenthood Hits New Low

Hey, sex with me might kill you. You got a problem with that?

This really does qualify under need to know. I mean, who does PP think we are? Spiders? Mantids?

"In a guide for young people published by the International Planned Parenthood Federation, the organization says it opposes laws that make it a crime for people not to tell sexual partners they have HIV."

I agree with that. I do not think it should be a crime to keep your medical information private. Anyone having sex under any circumstances does so at their own risk. You can never be 100% certain that you or your partner is free of any sexually transmissible diseases.

One could argue it is protected by Hipaa.
When I take care of someone, they don't have to tell me if they have a certain disease.
But I think you should tell your partner.

"In a guide for young people published by the International Planned Parenthood Federation, the organization says it opposes laws that make it a crime for people not to tell sexual partners they have HIV."

I agree with that. I do not think it should be a crime to keep your medical information private. Anyone having sex under any circumstances does so at their own risk. You can never be 100% certain that you or your partner is free of any sexually transmissible diseases.

I disagree.

I think it should be a crime if you have sex with someone and do not inform them that you have HIV or Hepatitis B or C. It should be a misdemeanor if they do not become infected and a felony if they do become infected.

If the status is not known, then there would be no penalty.

It should not be mandatory to disclose your information to employers or other members of the public. And the physician should not be required to disclose this information.

I don't know if its a crime not to disclose in the U.S., but I do know purposely infecting someone is. Disclosing HIV status should be encouraged. Period.

God I'm glad I'm not single. Dishonesty and selfishness seems to be all the rage.

I disagree.

I think it should be a crime if you have sex with someone and do not inform them that you have HIV or Hepatitis B or C. It should be a misdemeanor if they do not become infected and a felony if they do become infected.

It should not be mandatory to disclose your information to employers or other members of the public. And the physician should not be required to disclose this information.

Neither Hep B or C are sexually transmitted diseases.

I disagree.

but they can be transmitted through sexual contact. ;)

I disagree.

but they can be transmitted through sexual contact. ;)

True.

Blood to blood.

I disagree.

They may not be sexually transmitted diseases, but they are diseases that are transmitted sexually.

They just might not exist in the sexual sauces.

It's a difficult dilemma....

- forcing disclosure (through criminalizing it) means that a segment of the population becomes social lepers - you have no way of knowing whether or not your partner at the time will keep it confidential either.

- not forcing disclosure means that an irrisponsible partner can infect and possibly kill another person

Yeah, like I'm going to believe that bullshit link

The fundies should support Planned Parenthood as they provide sex education, counseling, and cheap access to birth control, free condoms, preventing unwanted pregnancies. What do the fundies do? Yell and scream and judge people, slander Planned Parenthood, and simply tell kids "no, you should have sex". Yeah, that works wonders.

Dont' know, I think I disagree. YOu knowingly have a life threatening disease and you expose others to it, it should be a crime.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back