Planned Parenthood Employee urges woman to seek gender select abortion

There is no reason that she shouldn't, and that is also between her and her doctor.

IMO, these laws are less about protecting women and more about trying to force women to do the bidding of the government.

I think the motives behind the laws vary.

But domestic abuse is real high on my list of shit that pisses me off. If you have any practical ideas which would change the status quo and result in these women being protected and not forced to get an abortion, I am wide open.

There is no reason that she shouldn't, and that is also between her and her doctor.

IMO, these laws are less about protecting women and more about trying to force women to do the bidding of the government.

I think the motives behind the laws vary.

But domestic abuse is real high on my list of shit that pisses me off. If you have any practical ideas which would change the status quo and result in these women being protected and not forced to get an abortion, I am wide open.
See my post above.

Ravi's okay with coerced abortions, which is why she doesn't want any oversight of Planned Parenthood.

Honestly, I'm not really sure I'm comfortable with any 3rd party suggesting an abortion at all, if that is what really happened here, whether it be for gender selection purposes or not.

Just like I'm not cool with people trying to brainwash you out of it with those propaganda right-to-life gore films.

It should not be the place of planned parenthood to suggest an abortion, unless there is a medical necessity, like the mother might die.

After all, it's freedom to choose, they should simply be given their options, and then be allowed to choose.

Not only is planned parenthood ok with this practice of selective abortion the lady in planned parenthood tells the undercover person how to abuse medicaid to get the ultrasound for free and to be able to use Medicaid after the abortion to try to get pregnant again. I am just sick to my stomach on this story. My pets get better treatment then these babies ..they are allowing abortions to 5 months. The planned parenthood said themselves the baby is fully devoped even tHe brain if that is the case this is MURDER!!!!!!!!! You liberal women who think at 5 months is not murder make me sick!,

Did any liberal women in this thread state abortion at five months is okay?

Not yet.

Didn't we see this with Acorn? Turns out it was edited and completely made up. If Republicans couldn't make up facts, they would have no record to run on.

What part do you think was edited? Planned Parenthood will do an abortion for any reason at any point during the pregnancy as long as it is legal, so that part is obviously not made up. They also fired her for explaining how to defraud the government, so they don't think that was made up either.

Not yet.

Abortion at 5 months, while legal, is pretty sketchy.

If anything, people at PP representatives should be guiding women toward the earliest termination possible.

The woman in the video was simply bad at her job, as well as just bad in general.

Probably why she was fired, immediately.

And the employee has been terminated. They say it's because she did not live up to their "high standards".

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Anybody want to bet she was terminated because she got them busted?

She was in fact found to be a jackass, and was therefore fired. Immediately.

I'm not really sure what the issue is with that part of it.

If someone found that there was a Bank of America employee that was stealing from customers, and the bank fired them as soon as they found out, would you want BoA to be shut down?

Obviously it is not the policy of Planned Parenthood to advise women to abort for gender selection. And if they find an employee who is doing this, they fire them.

She was fired for the fraud, not the gender based abortion, Planned Parenthood apparently thinks it is a good idea to reduce the number of women in the world through any possible means.

She was fired for the fraud, not the gender based abortion, Planned Parenthood apparently thinks it is a good idea to reduce the number of women in the world through any possible means.

That is an utterly false assertion.

A Planned Parenthood spokeswoman told The Huffington Post on Tuesday the staffer in the video “did not follow our protocol” for dealing with “a highly unusual patient scenario.”
“Planned Parenthood insists on the highest quality patient care, and if we ever become aware of a staff member not meeting these high standards we take swift action,” she said in a written statement. “Within three days of this patient interaction, the staff member’s employment was ended and all staff members at this affiliate were immediately scheduled for retraining in managing unusual patient encounters. Today opponents of Planned Parenthood are promoting an edited video of that hoax patient encounter.”
This spokeswoman for Planned Parenthood Federation of America also told The Huffington Post that the organization condemns seeking abortions on the basis of gender, but its policy is to provide “high quality, confidential, nonjudgmental care to all who come into” its health centers. That means that no Planned Parenthood clinic will deny a woman an abortion based on her reasons for wanting one, except in those states that explicitly prohibit sex-selective abortions (Arizona, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania and Illinois).

Last edited:
Bill would outlaw abortion for sex selection - Washington Times
Congress is set to wade into one of the most sensitive topics in the abortion debate, with a House vote Wednesday on a bill that would ban abortions that are performed solely because of an unborn child’s sex.
Regardless of Congress and its continual stupidity, it is really no one's business but the woman in question.

You don't think unnaturally skewing the ratio of women and men is anyone's business but the parents? do you have any idea what would happen to women if became a commodity because there are 10 men for every woman?

Discredited anti-choice activist Lila Rose went on The O'Reilly Factor to push her latest hoax video attacking Planned Parenthood. Rose and host Bill O'Reilly want people to think that, in the words of Rose's group, Planned Parenthood is complicit in "widespread sex-selection by means of abortion." In fact, Planned Parenthood has stated that it "finds the concept of sex selection deeply unsettling" and the organization "does not offer sex determination services; our ultrasound services are limited to medical purposes."

Rose's hoax video of a person walking into a Planned Parenthood office and pretending to be a patient. O'Reilly and Rose pretended that the actions of the employee were representative of the organization. O'Reilly even asked "Are we now China in this country? If Planned Parenthood is advising woman to abort because of gender choice, then we are China. And you should remember that the next time a politician or famous person endorses Planned Parenthood."

But Planned Parenthood has said that the staff member highlighted in the video was terminated "within three days of this patient interaction" and that "all staff members at this affiliate were immediately scheduled for retraining in managing unusual patient encounters."

Also unmentioned by O'Reilly and Rose is that fact that statistics show no evidence of systematic sex-selection abortion, since the majority of abortions are performed before the gender can be identified, and the gender-birth ratio in the United States is almost even.

This is nothing new for O'Reilly and Rose. O'Reilly repeatedly hypes Rose's attacks against Planned Parenthood but refuse to give their viewers the facts behind the attack.

County Fair | Media Matters for America

Do you think it was just dumb luck the undercover person happened across the one person who would go along with her gender bias abortion scheme? Or is it more likely they were aware of a systemic culture that goes along with gender bias abortion?

No. Do you have any statistics to show that sex selection abortions are really happening at PP or is this truly just more smear mongering.

What do you care, right? Worse case scenario is you are dead when your daughters are traded for breeding.

Since you reposted what gramps had already posted, I'm reposting my reply here -

What a crock.

The fact is that almost all abortions are medically necessary but even if they were not, its none of your business.

Why can't you meddling freaks get that fact?

I do not have the right to control when, say, Willow, has a baby.

Willow does not have the right to control when her neighbor does.

I do not have the right to control when 'gramps' wife or daughter has a baby.

'Gramps' does not have the right to control when my female family members have a baby.

You can try to muddy the waters with religious crap or with "sex selection" crap but you just can't get any more basic than -

ITS NONE OF YOUR FUCKING BUSINESS.

Not to mention that abortion is less than 3% of what PP does. More than 97% of what they do is basic health care screening and prenatal care for poor women. Why in the world would you mean spirited rw's want to take that away? Just so you can see more women die of breast cancer? More babies born sick?

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?

Regardless of Congress and its continual stupidity, it is really no one's business but the woman in question.

But Ravi the majority of the women in question are forced to abort the female fetus. The families decide for the young bride. The families opt for male.

Toronto is one of the most liberal cities on the planet and 6 hospitals even before legislation is introduced have banned releasing the gender of the child before 30 weeks.

The practice of gender based abortion even has been labelled "female fetacide". You have underground ultra sound places springing up for heaven's sake.

India has banned the practice. Sadly it has migrated here. What next? Kill the girls after they are born as well?

Sex-selective infanticide is killing a child based on the child's sex, usually shortly after birth (sex selective neonaticide). In 1994 over 180 states signed the Programme of Action of the International Conference on Population and Development, agreeing to "eliminate all forms of discrimination against the girl child".

In 2011 the resolution of PACE's Committee on Equal Opportunities for Women and Men condemned the practice of prenatal sex selection.[4]
You cannot legally force someone to have an abortion. If anyone is caught doing this they deserve jail time.

You can in China.

Do you think it was just dumb luck the undercover person happened across the one person who would go along with her gender bias abortion scheme? Or is it more likely they were aware of a systemic culture that goes along with gender bias abortion?

No. Do you have any statistics to show that sex selection abortions are really happening at PP or is this truly just more smear mongering.

What do you care, right? Worse case scenario is you are dead when your daughters are traded for breeding.

jeeezus, you really need to get a grip.

You're willing to trade your freedom for a vote for Mittens, er, uh, I mean, Nordquist and yet you believe this crap from Baby Huey Glenn Beck?

Quote: Originally Posted by Luissa
Quote: Originally Posted by Lovebears65
Not only is planned parenthood ok with this practice of selective abortion the lady in planned parenthood tells the undercover person how to abuse medicaid to get the ultrasound for free and to be able to use Medicaid after the abortion to try to get pregnant again. I am just sick to my stomach on this story. My pets get better treatment then these babies ..they are allowing abortions to 5 months. The planned parenthood said themselves the baby is fully devoped even tHe brain if that is the case this is MURDER!!!!!!!!! You liberal women who think at 5 months is not murder make me sick!,

(Luissa)
Not yet. (QW)

They don't say abortion at 5 months is okay.

But they do stand against oversight of PP and deny the documented fact that Planned Parenthood refuses to truthfully report what they are doing in their slaughterhouses.

They do stand against implementing a diagnostic that would make it impossible to mistake the fetal age of a baby.

They do universally state that the children of poor women are worthless, that dead babies are preferrable to poor babies, and that babies are unworthy of consideration.

They don't come right out and say they're ok with killing babies, because they know that makes them monsters.

But they are okay with it, which is why they do everything BUT come right out and say it...though eventually, they do slip out and come out and say it. Like when Pooper says that being dead is preferrable to being hungry (I'm hungry now..I should go off myself!) or when someone says that their one child is of more value than a child that is a member of a larger family...or when people say the way to *fix* the genocides going on in darfur is to abort babies so no more get born (Yes, I guess helping the oppressors accomplish their objective would *fix* things alright)....

You cannot legally force someone to have an abortion. If anyone is caught doing this they deserve jail time.

We are talking about women in a subculture which condones total male domination. She is an inferior creature in a foreign country. Kept out of view. For a woman in such a situation who is also a stranger in a strange land, what are the odds she will seek protection from her husband?

No. She is going to more likely take the abuse and do as she is told.
I understand what you are saying and while I have a lot of sympathy for women in those situations I cannot support a law that takes the choice away from women and gives it to the government. Instead, make a law that clearly outlaws forced abortions and spells out the penalty for those that are doing the forcing.

If you don't support a law that makes sex selective abortions illegal you must support sex selective abortions.

If you don't support a law that makes sex selective abortions illegal you must support sex selective abortions.

Any such law would be unenforceable.

How would you possibly determine what the woman's motivation is?

Do you think they're going to walk in to a clinic and admit to a crime?

Not yet.

Abortion at 5 months, while legal, is pretty sketchy.

If anything, people at PP representatives should be guiding women toward the earliest termination possible.

The woman in the video was simply bad at her job, as well as just bad in general.

Probably why she was fired, immediately.

Personally, I am going with Planned Parenthood's statement that they found the advice on defrauding the government abhorrent. If it make you feel better to believe that she was fired because she advised the woman to wait you have my permission to stick your head ou your ass and hide from the truth.

That is an utterly false assertion.

A Planned Parenthood spokeswoman told The Huffington Post on Tuesday the staffer in the video “did not follow our protocol” for dealing with “a highly unusual patient scenario.”
“Planned Parenthood insists on the highest quality patient care, and if we ever become aware of a staff member not meeting these high standards we take swift action,” she said in a written statement. “Within three days of this patient interaction, the staff member’s employment was ended and all staff members at this affiliate were immediately scheduled for retraining in managing unusual patient encounters. Today opponents of Planned Parenthood are promoting an edited video of that hoax patient encounter.”
This spokeswoman for Planned Parenthood Federation of America also told The Huffington Post that the organization condemns seeking abortions on the basis of gender, but its policy is to provide “high quality, confidential, nonjudgmental care to all who come into” its health centers. That means that no Planned Parenthood clinic will deny a woman an abortion based on her reasons for wanting one, except in those states that explicitly prohibit sex-selective abortions (Arizona, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania and Illinois).

They don't care about the fraud?

Forum List

Back