Plane crashes into High School in Eagar, AZ, Big Lake news

slackjawed

Self deported
Sep 27, 2008
15th congressional district of Arizona
I live in Eagar, was an eyewitness. This is horrific.

LUCKILY; school let out a week and a half ago. We did not lose any kids!!!!:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:
In fact, no one on the ground was hurt!:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

WMICentral - BREAKING - Two bodies found after plane crashes into Round Valley High School - Updated 06/11/2010, 7.17 p.m.

from the article;
"At about 2 pm on Friday, June 11, a small plane, apparently taking off from Springerville airport crashed into the Round Valley High School's main building. It has been confirmed that two bodies have been found.
The plane was a small cessna and although the identities of the victims are not known, the pilot was not local. School was out for the summer and there were no people in the building at the time of the crash."

This has and will continue to affect our little town for some time to come.

Other white mountain news includes 10 lightning caused forest fires burning out of control.

There was one arson caused forest fire in the Big lake recreation area that burned a Bald Eagle nesting habitat yesterday - no suspects arrested yet. law enforcement is looking for two spanish speaking couples seen illegally camping in the area on Thursday. I spoke with them myself, informed them they were in a closed area (in spanish) but they just didn't seem to care.

I also rescued 3 people in Big lake yesterday right before lunch who ignored all the warnings and took a small boat out into 40-60 mph winds. All three are in the hospital being treated for hypothermia and shock. As I pulled them out I had to fight the desire to hold them under until they stopped moving. I had warned them myself to stay off that part of the lake. It was a real temptation to let them drown and chalk it up to 'natural selection'.

The weather forecast for today calls for severe thunderstorms and 4" of snow above 9000 ft. Big Lake is at 9214.

I hope the snow keeps out the idiots and the criminals who camp in closed areas.

Bring on the snow, hopefully it will weed out the undesirables. It will certainly reduce the fire danger and will likely improve the fishing,(which is already fantastic).

No good deed goes unpunished slack. lol

At least you won't have a guilty mind. You did sink their boat right?

Makes sense to me. Ignore warnings, be unprepared and use poor equipment. Then they will describe the whole event as an accident. Sounds like planned manslaughter to me.

I work at the store and boat rental. I have for some time. I am not, nor am I under any obligatio tyo rescue anyone. I have an interest in saving my boats from calamity.
I am getting many more idiots, rude people and criminals . We have had 12 arrests in a National forest recreation area this spring, more than the paat 3 years combined!!!!
Now they are looking for those two couples, who I pegged as Mexican illegals when they came to the store.
We have had a incident of a group of men exposing themselves to young boys, the rape of a 3 yr old girl, and an intentional forest fire and the ice just went off the lake 5 weeks ago!

Forum List

Back