Placing The mexican Flag Above "OLD GLORY"

GunnyL said:
You mean Southerners who were disenfranchised by powerful, Northern industrialists who started a war of aggression because they wanted unlimited power in government and unlimited control over Southern assets WITHOUT Southerners?
Confederates, Southerners, Potatoes, Potahtoes.

Disenfranchised... where have I heard that word before? You guys are going to do GREAT in the AA game.

GunnyL said:
While I have no doubt that your crusty old ass was sitting right there at Appomatox in your golf cart, no sense calling people losers YOU didn't beat.

BAAAHHHAAAA! (texas bastard) :banana:

Pale Rider said:
You just insulted every southerner on this board. Nice going. Your rep should reach negative 300 anytime soon...

Hmmmm....Mission Accomplished.

Darwins Friend said:
Hmmmm....Mission Accomplished.
Soooooo... your mission is only to insult and not to actually debate anyone on this board! Why dont you just leave :firing:

You posted the Confederate flag over the U.S. Flag.
What's with that?
You don't like Americans or something?

Pale Rider said:
You just insulted every southerner on this board. Nice going. Your rep should reach negative 300 anytime soon...

"Every southerner on the board" may be in favor of the Confederate flag and slavery, but it's doubtful that every Southerner in the real world is.

Nuc said:
"Every southerner on the board" may be in favor of the Confederate flag and slavery, but it's doubtful that every Southerner in the real world is.

Despite what the liberal revisionists think, the War Between the States (nothing civil about that war, but that's for another thread) had little to do with slavery and was almost entirely about states' rights. Namely, the northern moralistic industrialists wanted to get a majority in the senate so they could put a vice grip on the south. First, they eliminate slavery to make them look good the abolishionists and then they start regulating crop prices so the northern factories could make a mint on the backs of the southern farmers. These powers were NOT granted to the federal government by the constitution and the first is only in there now thanks to an ammendment which wouldn't have passed without the disenfranchisement of most Southern voters following the war. Well, the south thought it was getting a raw deal, and since the powers getting levied agains them were unconstitutional, they felt the contract was violated and they had a right to back out, so they did and went in search of a better deal that would leave them with their previous sovreignty.

Well, the north didn't like their plans being foiled, and now they also had the backing of the more compassionate people under the slogan of re-uniting the union. This started the war that effectively ended states' rights. Without the right to secede, there's no way a state can protect other parts of its sovreignty, which is why the states today are little more than provinces of the all-encompassing federal government.

Now that we've gotten past the ignorant slavery remarks that are yet another justification for the abolishion of al government schools (ever notice that history books in public schools never portray America in any negative light, except maybe the Indian Wars, until Vietnam?), let's talk about the Confederate flag. My ancestors spent 4 years fighting and bleeding under that flag, not because they wanted slaves. Nobody is willing to risk his life for slaves. They fought because they wanted freedom from a federal government that was quickly becoming what our founding fathers fled from in England. They fought for freedom, dignity, and the right to make their way in the world free from a Big Brother state.

They lost, and I can accept that, but the least you can do is stop pissing on their graves because some black asshole with a chip on his shoulder larger than a Confederate long rifle tells you that it's racist to like the Confederate flag. I have never and will never buy into the claim that my ancestors were immoral. On the other hand, that bastard Sherman, heralded as a hero in the history books (yet ANOTHER reason to abolish government schools), earned his fame by setting the torch to the life's work of hundreds of families whose only crime was living in GA, and that included my family. Then there's what the history books don't say. When Sherman's troops found any able-bodied men in their paths, they hanged them. That's right, a mass slaughter of innocent civilians for the sole purpose of discouraging the soldiers in the field. Some hero, right?

And as I recall, the North only gave up slavery because the new factory-based industrial complex could function just fine with child labor. Yeah, the Yankees really had the moral high ground, didn't they? At least our slaves typically had all their limbs when they hit 20, or even 40.

Nuc said:

The Confederate flag and slavery aren't synonomous. Being southern is about eating chicken fried, not baked. Barbequeing every animal on the planet at least once. Eating Sunday dinner with your family, no matter what, no exceptions. Referring to Veterans, police officers, supperiors, fathers, grandfathers, and every other man as 'sir.' Referring to every woman, no matter her age, as 'maam', whether it offends her or not. It's about showing respect to history and reverance to God. This is what the Confederate flag means to me.

Hobbit said:
Despite what the liberal revisionists think, the War Between the States (nothing civil about that war, but that's for another thread) had little to do with slavery and was almost entirely about states' rights. Namely, the northern moralistic industrialists wanted to get a majority in the senate so they could put a vice grip on the south. First, they eliminate slavery to make them look good the abolishionists and then they start regulating crop prices so the northern factories could make a mint on the backs of the southern farmers. These powers were NOT granted to the federal government by the constitution and the first is only in there now thanks to an ammendment which wouldn't have passed without the disenfranchisement of most Southern voters following the war. Well, the south thought it was getting a raw deal, and since the powers getting levied agains them were unconstitutional, they felt the contract was violated and they had a right to back out, so they did and went in search of a better deal that would leave them with their previous sovreignty.

Well, the north didn't like their plans being foiled, and now they also had the backing of the more compassionate people under the slogan of re-uniting the union. This started the war that effectively ended states' rights. Without the right to secede, there's no way a state can protect other parts of its sovreignty, which is why the states today are little more than provinces of the all-encompassing federal government.

Now that we've gotten past the ignorant slavery remarks that are yet another justification for the abolishion of al government schools (ever notice that history books in public schools never portray America in any negative light, except maybe the Indian Wars, until Vietnam?), let's talk about the Confederate flag. My ancestors spent 4 years fighting and bleeding under that flag, not because they wanted slaves. Nobody is willing to risk his life for slaves. They fought because they wanted freedom from a federal government that was quickly becoming what our founding fathers fled from in England. They fought for freedom, dignity, and the right to make their way in the world free from a Big Brother state.

They lost, and I can accept that, but the least you can do is stop pissing on their graves because some black asshole with a chip on his shoulder larger than a Confederate long rifle tells you that it's racist to like the Confederate flag. I have never and will never buy into the claim that my ancestors were immoral. On the other hand, that bastard Sherman, heralded as a hero in the history books (yet ANOTHER reason to abolish government schools), earned his fame by setting the torch to the life's work of hundreds of families whose only crime was living in GA, and that included my family. Then there's what the history books don't say. When Sherman's troops found any able-bodied men in their paths, they hanged them. That's right, a mass slaughter of innocent civilians for the sole purpose of discouraging the soldiers in the field. Some hero, right?

And as I recall, the North only gave up slavery because the new factory-based industrial complex could function just fine with child labor. Yeah, the Yankees really had the moral high ground, didn't they? At least our slaves typically had all their limbs when they hit 20, or even 40.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Hobbit again.

Hobbit said:
They lost, and I can accept that, but the least you can do is stop pissing on their graves because some black asshole with a chip on his shoulder larger than a Confederate long rifle tells you that it's racist to like the Confederate flag. .

I don't know about you, but I've never let black assholes run my life.

I know all that stuff about history. Nevertheless many, probably most people associate the Confederate flag with slavery. Can you really separate the two? No.

Suppose I told you that I thought the Nazis were really on to a good thing. They had their kids in youth fitness programs. For sure we could use that in the good ol' US of A right now. They were just trying to spread gemutlicheit, real beer (yeah!), lederhosen (beats those pants "black assholes" wear around their knees), oompa music (better than rap), and schnitzel (healthier than MacDonald's).

Still a lot of people would do the unjust thing and associate the swastika with the holocaust. You have to be careful with symbols. And the fact is only some southerners think the way you do about the Confederate flag, and NO ONE ELSE IN THE WORLD. Usually that's a good definition of "wrong".

Oh and by the way, Lynyrd Skynyrd is not better than the Beatles. And NASCAR is not better than football.

onthefence said:
The Confederate flag and slavery aren't synonomous. Being southern is about eating chicken fried, not baked. Barbequeing every animal on the planet at least once.

Why didn't you say that in the first place? Then I retract my previous statements! :hail: :D :banana: :dance: :arabia: :teeth: :suck:

Nuc said:

I used to live in Tampa, Florida. One of my oldest and best friends is in Albany, Georgia, born and raised in Georgia. I do know a little bit about the sentiment of the deep south, and I can tell you you're right.

However, go anywhere down south and say, "the south's gonna rise again", and watch the response. I'd bet 99% of the time, it's going to be "HELL YA"!

Pale Rider said:
I used to live in Tampa, Florida. One of my oldest and best friends is in Albany, Georgia, born and raised in Georgia. I do know a little bit about the sentiment of the deep south, and I can tell you you're right.

However, go anywhere down south and say, "the south's gonna rise again", and watch the response. I'd bet 99% of the time, it's going to be "HELL YA"!

Yep. That would be the response in both southern states that I have lived in.

Pale Rider said:

Do you mean rise again in the sense of seceding from the Union again?

If you mean culturally and within the context of the US I think it has already risen again. Except for the fiasco in New Orleans it's a very vibrant place with a lot of positive energy. Good food, music, pretty women.

Nuc said:

I don't think anyone on this board, Southern or otherwise, is in favor of slavery. And the Confederate Flag and slavery do not go hand in hand, regardless of what the NAACP might think.

gop_jeff said:
I don't think anyone on this board, Southern or otherwise, is in favor of slavery. And the Confederate Flag and slavery do not go hand in hand, regardless of what the NAACP might think.

Nevertheless tens, if not hundreds of millions of people equate the two. So why persist in using something that offends so many people. I mean I can wear a Duke Lacrosse team shirt too and people might interpret that as provocative.

Nuc said:
Nevertheless tens, if not hundreds of millions of people equate the two. So why persist in using something that offends so many people. I mean I can wear a Duke Lacrosse team shirt too and people might interpret that as provocative.

Just because the Klan and neo-nazis stole the flag, should Southerners -who originated it - quit using it? That's like saying that 75% of the world's population equates the American flag with undue hegemony, or terror, or evil, or whatever else, and so the US should get a new flag.

Nuc said:
I don't know about you, but I've never let black assholes run my life.

I know all that stuff about history. Nevertheless many, probably most people associate the Confederate flag with slavery. Can you really separate the two? No.

Suppose I told you that I thought the Nazis were really on to a good thing. They had their kids in youth fitness programs. For sure we could use that in the good ol' US of A right now. They were just trying to spread gemutlicheit, real beer (yeah!), lederhosen (beats those pants "black assholes" wear around their knees), oompa music (better than rap), and schnitzel (healthier than MacDonald's).

Still a lot of people would do the unjust thing and associate the swastika with the holocaust. You have to be careful with symbols. And the fact is only some southerners think the way you do about the Confederate flag, and NO ONE ELSE IN THE WORLD. Usually that's a good definition of "wrong".

Oh and by the way, Lynyrd Skynyrd is not better than the Beatles. And NASCAR is not better than football.

Just because a lot of people say it doesn't make it so.

And you really need to wake up. NASCAR is for the football off-season, which is longer in the south due to the fact that we're smart enough to find the NFL boring (after watching the SEC, everything else is) and Lynard Skynard (lyrn to spyll, dyfys) is nothing big. He just thinks he is. Now, Charlie Daniels, on the other hand...

Nuc said:

So all it takes is a large group of people to say they don't like something; find it offensive; and everyone else needs to back down and change the way they have done things for years and years?

GotZoom said:
So all it takes is a large group of people to say they don't like something; find it offensive; and everyone else needs to back down and change the way they have done things for years and years?

Does anybody know the history of neo-Confederate flag waving? Because I doubt it's been flown continuously since their defeat.

Forum List

Back