Pizza

BasicGreatGuy

Aut libertas aut mors
Aug 2, 2009
Atlanta
If you don't like pizza, you are a heathen and this thread is not for you. Some kind of therapy might help your nonpizza affliction. :razz: For those who do enjoy pizza, what is your favorite style and topping combination? Do you have a favorite chain you use, or do you enjoy making pizza from scratch?

I love making homemade pizza, I like a lot of sauce and a medium amount of cheese, I put about 4 different kinds of cheese on my pizza. That's it, no other toppings!

Here we have a Hot Box Pizza about half a block up the road, when I'm feeling lazy (like today, a great day to be a bum) I'll order from them.

Yum.

Went through a taco pizza faze, when I worked at a pizza place. They used beans instead of pizza sauce (but I always got it with both) and taco meat, cheese, tomatoes, shredded lettuce, jalepenos and crushed taco chips. Sounds crazy, took me forever to even try it but it was incredible.

Other than that I'm easy...also went through a stage where I put smoked oysters on any pizza I got.

Sometimes I make my own...I use a square pan and boxed mix pizza dough and whatever (always pepperoni from the deli) for toppings.

I'm a long way from New York or even Chicago, obviously.

I love making homemade pizza, I like a lot of sauce and a medium amount of cheese, I put about 4 different kinds of cheese on my pizza. That's it, no other toppings!

Here we have a Hot Box Pizza about half a block up the road, when I'm feeling lazy (like today, a great day to be a bum) I'll order from them.
Never heard of "Hot Box Pizza." I like a lot of cheese on my pizza. I need more than cheese on my pizza though. It is a nasty rainy day. Perfect day for some pizza, in my opinion. :)

Yum.

Went through a taco pizza faze, when I worked at a pizza place. They used beans instead of pizza sauce (but I always got it with both) and taco meat, cheese, tomatoes, shredded lettuce, jalepenos and crushed taco chips. Sounds crazy, took me forever to even try it but it was incredible.

Other than that I'm easy...also went through a stage where I put smoked oysters on any pizza I got.

Sometimes I make my own...I use a square pan and boxed mix pizza dough and whatever (always pepperoni from the deli) for toppings.

I'm a long way from New York or even Chicago, obviously.

The taco pizza sounds good but putting oysters on pizza...not too sure about that. :eusa_eh:

I learned the smoked oysters thing from my ex, who descended from Sicilian Italians. His grandmother didn't speak English, his father was bi-lingual, they were incredible cooks. I learned to cook gnocchi from him, and meatballs. And I learned the oyster thing.

I mean, how different are they from anchiovies?

I learned the smoked oysters thing from my ex, who descended from Sicilian Italians. His grandmother didn't speak English, his father was bi-lingual, they were incredible cooks. I learned to cook gnocchi from him, and meatballs. And I learned the oyster thing.

I mean, how different are they from anchiovies?

Smoked oysters on a pizza are great. I'm coming to your house.

Lucias (Reston, VA) the Heart Attack pizza, they make their own sausage. Angelicas (Herndon, Va), Meat lovers and last but not least Geppetto's in Maryland, their deep dish meat lovers takes 45 minute to get and cost $25 for a large but the crust is crunchy and the (all imported toppings) are as thick as the crust. Two slices and you're full as a tick!

Sadly, no pizza in this neck of the woods, unless I make it myself.
You know you could move out of the woods.

Good pizza has thin crust, multiple cheeses, compatible toppings and should be served with a pitcher of cold beer. Azio makes a good shrimp and four-cheese pizza.

Pepperoni, black olives and onions go well with Heineken.

pizza-page.jpg

If you don't like pizza, you are a heathen and this thread is not for you. Some kind of therapy might help your nonpizza affliction. :razz: For those who do enjoy pizza, what is your favorite style and topping combination? Do you have a favorite chain you use, or do you enjoy making pizza from scratch?

Pizza ... the one food I never tire of ...

Forum List

Back