Pizza joint vs professor

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bucs90, Sep 26, 2011.

1. bucs90

bucs90 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,210
    So, would you rather a candidates major experience be running and leading businesses in the real world........or sitting in a closed environment full of stuck up academias who bloviate on how the world should work without actually taking part in it?

I'll now await a left winger to point out how "Screwing America up even more than it was" is somehow a positive on Obama's resume.

2. The T

The T George S. Patton Party Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    What USED TO BE A REPUBLIC RUN BY TYRANTS
    Ratings:
    +5,502
    And while NONE of the bloviating idiots never really held a Real World job outside of Government grant Think Tank status?

Only time they sweat is on the walk to thier cars going to lunch.

3. bucs90

bucs90 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,210
    It would almost be like a person who went to college from age 18 to 40 studying war, military history, tactics, etc, but never served one single day in the military or spent 1 minute in actual combat of any kind........................then being named overnight the commander of a large military unit going into full scale combat.

And Obama supporters would wonder why he failed.

4. Charles_Main

Charles_Main AR15 Owner

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,251
    Director of KC Federal Reserve Bank. Book author, mathematician, Vice President of Pillsbury. Board of Directors for 4 major companies, CEO of the Nat. Restaurant Association.

Bit more than a Pizza place, and yes at least as qualified as a professor. Especially one so clearly out of his Depths on so many issues.

5. J.E.D

J.E.D What's tha matta?

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,576
    Harvard Law graduate, president Harvard Law Review, lawyer, Professor of Constitutional law, book author (like that matters), state senator, US senator. Oops, looks like he didn't make any pizzas. I guess the rest of his resume will have to be good enough.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. The T

The T George S. Patton Party Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    What USED TO BE A REPUBLIC RUN BY TYRANTS
    Ratings:
    +5,502
    Like ANY of Obama's record matters? He is showing his roots...Street THUG professional shit-disturber from Chicago.

7. Grampa Murked U

Grampa Murked U Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,928
    I thought libs hated those rich lawyers? I'm confused.

Obama have any reviews or papers I can read from his time before congress? His congressional reading material consists of nothing more than voting present. Kind of a short and not very informative. Also, what else did he actually run?

8. Photonic

Photonic Ad astra!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +247
    Obama certainly has a fairly impressive background but I don't see it being applied too well in office.

9. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,618

Academics.

If I want to run a business, I'll hire a businessmen knowledgeable in the operations and market of that business.

If I want to run a war, I'll want somebody who's made it their mission to understand military science

But if I want to run a nation?

I'll want someboy trained to think about issues involving society and national issues as a whole.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2011
  10. Dr.Traveler

Dr.Traveler Mathematician

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,054
    This.

Part of the problem is that folks think running a business is preparation for running a nation. It isn't. Truth be told, there is no job you can have, other than being the President, to prepare you for being President. The job has too many aspects to it. The Foreign Policy in's and out's alone are boggling to the mind.

The single most important quality I look for in a candidate is the ability to pick good advisers and learn quickly on the job. That makes me lean towards the academic, rather than the business men.

For the record, the posts in this thread aren't that surprising. Big surprise that a lot of the folks who are anti-education are the folks well known for posting little more than swear words and name calling. Big surprise.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2011