Pittsburgh the city of champions!

Big_D

Jul 15, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
First you have the world famous Pittsburgh Steelers absolutely humiliating the Arizona Cardinals in the Superbowl, winning a record SIXTH championship. If you add up all the championships won by the Bills, Bengals, Titans, and Jaguars and multiply them by a million you won't equal the amount of championships won by the Steel Curtain.

Then, you got the Penguins in similar fashion destroying every team that got in their way and pounded their way through the Stanley Cup championship and facing Detroit in the finals. From there, it ONLY took them seven games to finish the Red Wings off. Pittsburgh is the ONLY city to have won the Lombardi and Stanley Cup championships in the same year.

Finally, you have Pittsburgh's own Big D who won every debate he took part in on the US Message Board website. A truly amazing feat!

Pittsburgh is again, as it will be for the end of time, the city of champions!

Savor the Championship because it might be Pittsburgh's Last
Because No Sport should have a salary cap
and the Steelers and Penquins would face
the same thing that Pirates face 16 consecutive losing seasons ?
How would you like it if the Steelers and Penquins matched that.

Only Assholes perpetuate a Salary Cap in Sports.
No one has a salary cap in their job - Do they ?

So I'd say Pittsburgh was the Luckiest City in the USA.

I'm a Philly Phan and we'd win everything without a salary cap.

America thou would feel sorry for small cities like Pittsburgh.

Baltimore Bob

I never understood how adults can get so emotionally invested in a sports team.

For Christ's sake grow up already and spend your time energy and money on things that actually matter.

First you have the world famous Pittsburgh Steelers absolutely humiliating the Arizona Cardinals in the Superbowl, winning a record SIXTH championship. If you add up all the championships won by the Bills, Bengals, Titans, and Jaguars and multiply them by a million you won't equal the amount of championships won by the Steel Curtain.

Then, you got the Penguins in similar fashion destroying every team that got in their way and pounded their way through the Stanley Cup championship and facing Detroit in the finals. From there, it ONLY took them seven games to finish the Red Wings off. Pittsburgh is the ONLY city to have won the Lombardi and Stanley Cup championships in the same year.

Finally, you have Pittsburgh's own Big D who won every debate he took part in on the US Message Board website. A truly amazing feat!

Fuck Pitburg.

Cheatin pieces of shit. How about that "imaculate" bounce pass?

How about having a ref that lives in pitburg calling several PI's on Seattle and none on his home team?

You must be proud.

I never understood how adults can get so emotionally invested in a sports team.

For Christ's sake grow up already and spend your time energy and money on things that actually matter.

Sports are a nice distraction, but I agree with you that immediately after winning it all or losing it all, really it doesn't make a damn bit of difference.

Its crazy how emotionally invested we get and then all of the sudden its over and it really doesn't matter.

But, if you went downtown for all 4 games in Detroit, you'd see that it does matter to the business' that were packed with sports fans.

How many home games did Pittsburg play in the finals? 3? We had 4 home games. So keep the stanley cup. Detroit needed the $ that we made by having that extra home game. It would have been nice to win too, but we made more money than you.

Talk about a glass half full, huh?

Quote: 4 of the 6 NFL champs were without salary cap

and that was just after the Civil war
and the 1970's in no way look anything like the 2000's
soon to be 2010's.

And the Eagles won three Championships 48,48 & 1960.
while Pittsburgh Steelers up until the 1970's were prennial LOSERS.

Baltimore Bob

Quote: 4 of the 6 NFL champs were without salary cap

and that was just after the Civil war
and the 1970's in no way look anything like the 2000's
soon to be 2010's.

And the Eagles won three Championships 48,48 & 1960.
while Pittsburgh Steelers up until the 1970's were prennial LOSERS.

Baltimore Bob

So you think that the Steelers will not be able to win a Superbowl because their last championship before the cap was in 1980. Meanwhile, the eagles will be successful even though they NEVER won a superbowl, cap or not. The NFL shares 80% revenue. That is why they're successful, not because of the cap. Like it or not but the Steelers have SIX championships as oppose your ZERO. Don't get me wrong if the Steelers are not going to win the Superbowl then I hope the Eagles do. Their players and fans certainly deserve it.

Last edited:

Fuck Pitburg.

How about having a ref that lives in pitburg calling several PI's on Seattle and none on his home team?

You must be proud.

Fuck Shittsburgh, the last 2 superbowls they played in were the most poorly officiated i've ever seen, in the stealers favor of course .......

Fuck Pitburg.

You must be proud.

:(:(:(:(

no, we just like spitting in the face of those whiny ass cities who can't get it done....Seattle & Philthadelphia come in mind....

Last edited by a moderator:
IMG_1619.jpg

You attach yourself to a team, or city, and then revel when they win, as if you yourself have done something amazing, the same attitude happens when the country goes and bombs other countries and people feel they're part of something.... it's a strange human mentality.

You attach yourself to a team, or city, and then revel when they win, as if you yourself have done something amazing, the same attitude happens when the country goes and bombs other countries and people feel they're part of something.... it's a strange human mentality.
Sports are an extension of civic pride. We here in Pittsburgh revel in our victories because we appreciate the national attention our city and region enjoy due to the success of our teams.

I earned a degree at The Ohio State University and if you don't think I take pride in the accomplishments of the Buckeyes I suppose you never took pride in the accomplishments of any group you belonged to or were associated with.

Bragging rights? Sure, that's part of it. But the devotion a true fan invests in a team pays dividends no non sports fan can appreciate.

I wonder what it's like to not follow a team? Or to be indifferent about one's city or alma mater. I guess I'd have to have grown up in Cleveland to understand.

Sports are an extension of civic pride. We here in Pittsburgh revel in our victories because we appreciate the national attention our city and region enjoy due to the success of our teams.

I earned a degree at The Ohio State University and if you don't think I take pride in the accomplishments of the Buckeyes I suppose you never took pride in the accomplishments of any group you belonged to or were associated with.

Bragging rights? Sure, that's part of it. But the devotion a true fan invests in a team pays dividends no non sports fan can appreciate.

I wonder what it's like to not follow a team? Or to be indifferent about one's city or alma mater. I guess I'd have to have grown up in Cleveland to understand.

I actually do follow a team. The problem is when I was a kid and was taken to watch them by my dad I saw things that opened up the world to me. Racism, stupidity and the like. At times I'd feel bad because of how the team did. I learned that just because I'm in with a group of people, doesn't mean I'm like those people, doesn't mean I want to associate much with those people.

Now, as an adult, I don't care that much. I follow the team on the internet and see the results, and that's about it. It's about entertainment. If they go up I don't feel proud, why? Because it's got nothing to do with me. I'm not a player, I'm not a part of that team.

I do understand what it's all about.

Obama promised "hope" and Trump offered some kind of hope too. People whose lives are lacking this hope for the future clung on like they were on a sinking ship. Sport does the same thing. It offers you hope. Maybe this year my team will win this or that or the other, and I can walk around and shove it in people's faces, because it shows that I, ME PERSONALLY, am a great person and that my life is actually worth something because a bunch of guys went out and did something that had nothing to do with me.

I get it. I just see it for what it is.

Forum List

Back