Pittsburgh Steelers

QB Ben Roethlisberger - 13 starts and 13 victories. 8 time NFL rookie of the week. Was named NFL rookie of the year. His QB rating is highest ever for a rookie, even surpassing Marino.

Speaking of Big Ben... did anyone else hear that he donated his entire first post season bonus check to the victims of the Tsunami? Classy guy...

lilcountriegal said:
Speaking of Big Ben... did anyone else hear that he donated his entire first post season bonus check to the victims of the Tsunami? Classy guy...

Saw that. Its nice to see a guy who grew up right in pro sports. Then you see Randy Moss clammering about $10,000 ain't shit to him. MAkes guys like Ben look even more virtuous.

Wow, I'm breathing a sigh of relief right now! My hat's off to the Jets, they came to Heinz Field ready to play. Their kicker missed not one but 2 field goals that would have won the game. Instead, Jeff Reed makes his 33 yarder for the Steelers and they sneak away with a 20-17 win in OT.

:gs:

Congratulations to the Pittsburgh Steelers. Make sure to write a nice thank you note to Doug Brien (a bonus check wouldn't be out of the question either). Man, can you imagine what the NYC papers will be saying about him?!!

Shoot, I don't believe that I have ever said it and meant it so much. It SUCKS BEING HIM!

jimnyc said:
I've went for nearly 21 weeks of football and rarely, if ever, bragged about my team. I guess as the Steelers kept winning I was afraid to jinx them. I'm certainly no bandwagon fan. I've been a fan for 25+ years and even have a tattoo honoring my favorite team. It's also no coincidence that my dogs name is Jerome. Let's not forget the thousands of dollars in souvenirs, jerseys, jackets, gloves, underwear, ties, socks, hats, signed helmets and plaques, terrible towels...

But what good is having such a sensational season if you can't enjoy it with those who follow teams that sucked in comparison? :)

Minnesota - Sir Evil's team - same MO, great start and then they choke
Miami - brother Jeff's team - Ricky Williams leave and they suck ass
Dallas - Mom and Janeen - BWaAHHAhAHAhAhHA! FU Bill Parcells!
NY Giants - to all the locals and especially Jackass - HAHahAHAHAHAAAA! Your team sucks ass too!
The rest of the NFL - Only 3 prior teams have went 15-1. Regardless of what transpires in the playoffs the Steelers whooped all your asses all year long.

QB Ben Roethlisberger - 13 starts and 13 victories. 8 time NFL rookie of the week. Was named NFL rookie of the year. His QB rating is highest ever for a rookie, even surpassing Marino.

RB Jerome Bettis - Over 13,000 yards and still chugging along. He was the heart and soul of the team this year. Filled in for Duce Staley better than anyone could have imagined.

OL Perhaps tops in the NFL. Huge improvement over last year allowed Steelers to rush and pass effectively.

WR's Plaxico Burress, Hines Ward, Antwaan Randel El - IMO, the best trio of receivers in the NFL. All 3 are huge playmakers.

Defense #1 rated in the NFL. The addition of James Farrior was huge and he was awarded with a trip to the Pro Bowl. Troy Polamalu was outstanding both in defending and coming up to help with the rush.

There are so many others that are deserving of mention. That's why the Steelers are so good this year, because they have depth. Even their second stringers knocked off Buffalo this past weekend as the Bills were trying to make the playoffs.

My team rules and all of your teams suck! :laugh:

3 more and they get one for the thumb! :gs:

They look really great on the ground; I don't see a front seven that can stop that running attack. It brings up memories of Mr. Inside (Bettis) and Mr Outside (Staley). This is old school football at its finest! Drive on steelers, drive on!

Zhukov said:
Bah, come on. I know the Browns suck. You don't have to tell me that, I'm from Cleveland. That's not the point.

The point is the Pittsburgh Steelers suck worse because they are the Pittsburgh Steelers......and they suck.

That's all there is to understand.

No hold on, it's the Cincinnati Bengals that suck, they have sucked for the past 13 years at least! Unfortunatly they would be considered our local team. My son in the past year has just discovered and played football and it has consumed him I have been trying to tell him the Bengals suck pick another team to cheer for. He thinks because they are local he still needs to cheer for them. But his favorite team is the Colts. He idolizes Peyton Manning! Thank God I'd rather him Idolize Peyton Manning then say some one like Eminem!

khafley said:
No hold on, it's the Cincinnati Bengals that suck, they have sucked for the past 13 years at least!

Yeah, but that's just because the city of Cincinnati is a festering dung heap. The fact that their football team stinks is incidental.

Zhukov said:
Yeah, but that's just because the city of Cincinnati is a festering dung heap. The fact that their football team stinks is incidental.

and that's why I no longer live in Cincinnati!!

khafley said:
He idolizes Peyton Manning! Thank God I'd rather him Idolize Peyton Manning then say some one like Eminem!

Peyton Manning is a good guy. I don't care for the Colts (division rivals of my beloved Houston Texans) but Peyton is a worthy idol.

gop_jeff said:
Peyton Manning is a good guy. I don't care for the Colts (division rivals of my beloved Houston Texans) but Peyton is a worthy idol.

Speaking of the Colts, what the hell happen to them last night that has got to be the worst game I have ever seen they were dropping the ball all over the place!

I guess I have to cheer for Pittsburg now, I can't stand NE.

Looks like the Steelers and Texans have something in common...

They'll both be watching the Super Bowl from the confort of their living rooms! Mwa-ha-ha-ha-ha!!! :D

(Misery loves company....)

A famous quote from Ted Bruschi after last nights game to the Steelers team:

"hey get the fuck off our field we've got some celebrating to do"

New England....the Steelers and Colts waterloo.

OCA said:
A famous quote from Ted Bruschi after last nights game to the Steelers team:

"hey get the fuck off our field we've got some celebrating to do"

New England....the Steelers and Colts waterloo.

Also Jerome Bettis wanted to get to the S.B. so bad that they are letting him operate the football toss at the NFL fantasy center in Jacksonvill at the S.B.

Forum List

Back