Pittsburgh Steelers

Discussion in 'Sports' started by jimnyc, Jan 7, 2005.

1. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +246
    I've went for nearly 21 weeks of football and rarely, if ever, bragged about my team. I guess as the Steelers kept winning I was afraid to jinx them. I'm certainly no bandwagon fan. I've been a fan for 25+ years and even have a tattoo honoring my favorite team. It's also no coincidence that my dogs name is Jerome. Let's not forget the thousands of dollars in souvenirs, jerseys, jackets, gloves, underwear, ties, socks, hats, signed helmets and plaques, terrible towels...

But what good is having such a sensational season if you can't enjoy it with those who follow teams that sucked in comparison? :)

Minnesota - Sir Evil's team - same MO, great start and then they choke
    Miami - brother Jeff's team - Ricky Williams leave and they suck ass
    Dallas - Mom and Janeen - BWaAHHAhAHAhAhHA! FU Bill Parcells!
    NY Giants - to all the locals and especially Jackass - HAHahAHAHAHAAAA! Your team sucks ass too!
    The rest of the NFL - Only 3 prior teams have went 15-1. Regardless of what transpires in the playoffs the Steelers whooped all your asses all year long.

QB Ben Roethlisberger - 13 starts and 13 victories. 8 time NFL rookie of the week. Was named NFL rookie of the year. His QB rating is highest ever for a rookie, even surpassing Marino.

RB Jerome Bettis - Over 13,000 yards and still chugging along. He was the heart and soul of the team this year. Filled in for Duce Staley better than anyone could have imagined.

OL Perhaps tops in the NFL. Huge improvement over last year allowed Steelers to rush and pass effectively.

WR's Plaxico Burress, Hines Ward, Antwaan Randel El - IMO, the best trio of receivers in the NFL. All 3 are huge playmakers.

Defense #1 rated in the NFL. The addition of James Farrior was huge and he was awarded with a trip to the Pro Bowl. Troy Polamalu was outstanding both in defending and coming up to help with the rush.

There are so many others that are deserving of mention. That's why the Steelers are so good this year, because they have depth. Even their second stringers knocked off Buffalo this past weekend as the Bills were trying to make the playoffs.

My team rules and all of your teams suck! :laugh:

3 more and they get one for the thumb! :gs:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. janeeng

janeeng Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    :gross2: :gives:

3. Joan

Joan Mommy Dearest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +39
    You and your Steelers Suck! I want to go on record once again as saying, I have not truly been a Cowboy's fan since Tom Landry's departure. But I will ask you this Mr. Smart Ass - name the ONLY person to have held both a Super Bowl Ring and an Olympic Gold Medal - and I rest my case. I will agree on the Parcells thingy though - look where he came from - everytime I pass that huge granite toilet bowl that is known as Giant's Stadium, I want to puke!

4. Zhukov

Zhukov VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +301
    The Steelers suck.

GO BROWNS!!

5. no1tovote4

no1tovote4 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +616

Um, who sucks? So how is Lee Suggs doing for y'all?

6. 5stringJeff

5stringJeff Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +540
    GO TEXANS!

7. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    well I've sorta held back on my Vikings too but I'll give em credit for getting this far---woulda sucked to lose to Green Bay again but Philly should put em out of their misery next Sunday.. SE----- !!!!!! BUY EM SOME DEFENSE !!!!!!!!!!!

8. no1tovote4

no1tovote4 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +616
    Will the Broncos ever realize that you need more than one solid good receiver if you don't have John Elway? Arrrrrrrrgh!

9. Zhukov

Zhukov VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +301
    Bah, come on. I know the Browns suck. You don't have to tell me that, I'm from Cleveland. That's not the point.

The point is the Pittsburgh Steelers suck worse because they are the Pittsburgh Steelers......and they suck.

That's all there is to understand.

10. no1tovote4

no1tovote4 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +616

Hey my team is the Broncos! I understand, believe me. Sometimes certain levels of sarcasm don't translate well on a message board.