Pittsburgh squeeks by

Refs handed the game to the Steelers. They should have established possession on Big Bens fumble. The ending was a joke

Refs handed the game to the Steelers. They should have established possession on Big Bens fumble. The ending was a joke

I don't know about that.
Remember with reviews there MUST be clear/definitive evidence to overturn a call.
In order for the defense to get the ball back they had to maintain possesion of the ball. When you see the two Miami players pile on the ball...it is easy to think "they recovered the ball!!".
But look closer, you will see a Steeler lineman jump in and grab the ball before either Dolphin stopped the movement of the football.

I don't know about that.
Remember with reviews there MUST be clear/definitive evidence to overturn a call.
In order for the defense to get the ball back they had to maintain possesion of the ball. When you see the two Miami players pile on the ball...it is easy to think "they recovered the ball!!".
But look closer, you will see a Steeler lineman jump in and grab the ball before either Dolphin stopped the movement of the football.

The refs should have established possession on the field

Last edited:

I don't know about that.

Sorry bro.....u slid one by there....lucky.

I don't know about that.

Sorry bro.....u slid one by there....lucky.

We did...thus the title of the thread.
Technically Miami didn't recover if the rules are followed to the letter.
Having said that - Miami should have been given the ball by decree of the referee. Instead, he leaned on the rule book and gave the ball back on a technicality that there must be clear evidence in a review..and a Steeler defender did indeed take a hold of the ball just as the Miami players body obscured the cameras view making it impossible to definitively say Miami recovered.

It was a tough call, and one that I have little doubt will be talked about all this week by sport commentators everywhere.

Forum List

Back