Pits

Johnney

Dec 9, 2003
IOWA
ive been doing some research on pits latley. ive had my misconceptions about the breed up til like a couple weeks ago.
my nephew was watching someones pit for a few weeks and hector turned out to be one of the nicest dogs i think ive ever seen. although he was cool with my moms boston, riley wasnt really cool with hector, so they had to be seperated...lol

now me being me, i was trying to push the dogs buttons to see how far i could push him (i know, im a bad person trying to get a pit to bite me), but this dog had no buttons. i kept him on a short leash, woulndt let him move from next to me, swatted him on the butt when he tried... but he jsut looked up and licked my hands. sheesh...!

so maybe they arent really that bad if not raised in a hose that wants violent dogs for no more reason that saying "i gotta a bad ass dog".

but i happened upon this video this morning. the first part is a little violent, well not violent. it doesnt really show anything, but some of the pics may be taken that way. it kinda shows both sides to them.

Are you planning to get one?

I find the biggest problem people have with dogs in general is dominence. They mistake their dogs actions for play or find their behavior funny. I was having this problem with my dog recently and also thought it was funny because the behavior he was displaying was so different from any other dog I had seen before. He became worse, so we had to do some serious work in that area. He's fine now.

when Jess and myself manage to get a house yes i want to get one. but i want to have my little nephews over to play with it and my moms boston, and of course our cats. i want it to be able to play well with others.

Johnney said:
when Jess and myself manage to get a house yes i want to get one. but i want to have my little nephews over to play with it and my moms boston, and of course our cats. i want it to be able to play well with others.

Having it socialized with children is a great idea, mine wasn't that good with kids at first, to the point where I almost gave him back to the people who gave him to us. He ignores children he doesn't know now and kind of sort of listens to the kids I work with. :D

im thinking that if a dog could survive my retard nephews, then he can survive anything.

Johnney said:
ive been doing some research on pits latley. ive had my misconceptions about the breed up til like a couple weeks ago.
my nephew was watching someones pit for a few weeks and hector turned out to be one of the nicest dogs i think ive ever seen. although he was cool with my moms boston, riley wasnt really cool with hector, so they had to be seperated...lol

now me being me, i was trying to push the dogs buttons to see how far i could push him (i know, im a bad person trying to get a pit to bite me), but this dog had no buttons. i kept him on a short leash, woulndt let him move from next to me, swatted him on the butt when he tried... but he jsut looked up and licked my hands. sheesh...!

so maybe they arent really that bad if not raised in a hose that wants violent dogs for no more reason that saying "i gotta a bad ass dog".

but i happened upon this video this morning. the first part is a little violent, well not violent. it doesnt really show anything, but some of the pics may be taken that way. it kinda shows both sides to them.

The biggest problem with pits is inbreeding. While you may have an example of a good dog, pits are notorious for just snapping out of the blue and attacking. It only needs to happen once.

Trying to get a pit to bite you is not real bright. If that dog locks its jaws on you, you basically have to kill it and dismember it get them loose. That's if it doesn't just relieve you of the problem of worry over whatever appendage.

I knew a guy who lovingly raised his Pitt for show, from puppyhood. The dog eventually turned on their 6 year old daughter. It clamped down on her neck, and swung her around the room like a rag doll. She was seriously injured and hospitalized. I would have a very hard time trusting one with a child.

DO NOT GET A PIT. They're always fine until THAT ONE DAY.

Ask emergency room doctors. Most bites are form Pits, and german shephards.

rtwngAvngr said:
DO NOT GET A PIT. They're always fine until THAT ONE DAY.

Ask emergency room doctors. Most bites are form Pits, and german shephards.
actually i think most bites are from ankle bitters. like one article stated, you never hear about a yorkie bitting anyone, but let a pit, or shepard, or doberman growl a little and its all over the news.

I found myself surrounded by three pitbulls the other day, all were barking and then the big daddy came out of the garage. This was one of the ugliest dogs I have ever seen , it had absolutely nothing in it's eyes. I was very nervous trying to calm these maniacs down and just as it looked like I was going to get attacked the maid called them off. Very scary!

Forum List

Back