Pitbull vs. Porcupine

MissileMan said:
Breeders will cull puppies based on their response to pain. Those that show no response to pain are kept while those that register pain are destroyed.

You cannot call these people breeders. They are just idiots who come from genetically flawed breeding themselves.

And, I wouldn't put it past these people to have deliberately put the dog into an arena with a porcupine just to see what would happen.....and placed bets on which one would walk away from the fight.

From the looks of this dog, the porcupine lost all it's quills.....this doesn't look like a dog that just happened upon a pp by accident. He/she's got quills all over as if it was in a battle royale!

kurtsprincess said:
You cannot call these people breeders. They are just idiots who come from genetically flawed breeding themselves.

Agreed, but I'm not sure what else to call someone who puts male and female dogs together to produce litters of puppies. :)

MissileMan said:
Breeders will cull puppies based on their response to pain. Those that show no response to pain are kept while those that register pain are destroyed.

:link:

-Cp said:
Doesn't seem to implicate that the "Dog next door" who may be a pitbull can't feel pain...

From here: http://www.nyx.net/~mbur/apbtfaqmisc.html

When you find an obedience class in which to enroll your dog, you will need to make a decision about a training collar. The APBT is the world's most pain-insensitive breed. Therefore, an ordinary chain choke collar may not be sufficient to get your dog's attention when she gets a mind to chase a squirrel. An ordinary chain choke make also do cumulative damage to your dog's trachea. In this case, you should probably use a pinch collar. Not only is it able to get a dog's attention better, but it is less likely to injure the dog's throat.

Insensitivity to pain is a desireable trait for those who breed pit bulls for fighting. As affirmed by the other article, these "breeders" will cull pups who exhibit undesireable traits.

MissileMan said:
Insensitivity to pain is a desireable trait for those who breed pit bulls for fighting. As affirmed by the other article, these "breeders" will cull pups who exhibit undesireable traits.

Right - I don't doubt that... but I'm saying that most folks I've known who are Pitbull owners don't fight them..

I've also heard that Pitbull's are great fighters because they have such thick hide (skin) around their necks....

-Cp said:
Uhh... I think the pitbull lost... d0h!

Would it be cruel to call this dog a pinhead?

pitbull.jpg

pitbull2.jpg

That is actuall a Bull terrior such as Spuds The Budweiser dog

Forum List

Back