Pitbull love

Its a legit question, douche.

If someone is throwing rocks at a pit bull and it attacks them, why the hell should the dog be put down for it?

sayno2bsl.jpg

I hate the bad rap that pitbulls get. I don't care what anyone says, they are adorable!

Until they eat a 3 yr old baby's face off. :clap2:

Any dog has the potential to cause harm to a person.

This is true.

The difference has already been pointed out though. When a poodle bites you, you may get hurt, but you won't die or be disfigured because of it.

This is true.

The difference has already been pointed out though. When a poodle bites you, you may get hurt, but you won't die or be disfigured because of it.

I don't think it should matter how bad your injury is. If we are going to put down pit bulls for biting people, we should be treating every dog the same.

This is true.

I don't think it should matter how bad your injury is. If we are going to put down pit bulls for biting people, we should be treating every dog the same.

Many communities have that policy, or have a 3 warnings and they euthanize.

However when your dog kills someone, or rips their face off, saying they should be subject to the 3 strikes rule sounds a bit silly.

This is true.

When a German Shepherd, rottie, dobie, or lab bites you you will.

It is not one thing, that make Pit Bulls the most dangerous breed, but a series of traits that when put together more easily result in deadly attacks.

I hate the bad rap that pitbulls get. I don't care what anyone says, they are adorable!

Jack Russells have killed babies as well.

And labs and lab crosses have killed who knows how many.

German Shepherds as well...

and mixes.

Children are at risk when they are left with dogs. But what is MOST dangerous, and what usually happens when people die, is that a PACK (more than one) goes to work. I was looking at wiki and soooo many of them are multiple dogs get into a fight and someone gets killed trying to separate them...or a pack attacks a single person. In one instance a kid was killed in his kitchen by 5 dogs. In many instances, nobody even knows the breeds of the dogs.

Pits are dangerous. Lots of dogs are dangerous. Loose dogs on the streets are dangerous, and in the country, running up and down waterways. The worst dogs i saw didn't have a pit in the group. It was a GSD, a rottie and some other big dog and a shepherd mix.

my friend has one and he lets it bite a sofa pillow and he swings it through the air. The dog holds its own weight, under g-forces mind you, while being swung @ in the air 5 feet above the ground. Long story short, they bite you and they aint letting go. You better be very careful when around them & don't leave children unattended. I wouldn't own one.

Last edited:
This is true.

However when your dog kills someone, or rips their face off, saying they should be subject to the 3 strikes rule sounds a bit silly.

What if the dog attacked someone because that person was attacking it first? Why must the dog be punished for someone else's actions?

What if the dog attacked someone because that person was attacking it first? Why must the dog be punished for someone else's actions?

Dogs aren't being punished, they are animals.

If a dog kills someone, even if you felt they were provoked, they are still euthanized because that dog has proven to be a danger to the public.

my friend has one and he lets it bite a sofa pillow and he swings it through the air. The dog holds its own weight, under g-forces mind you, while being swung @ in the air 5 feet above the ground. Long story short, they bite you and they aint letting go. You better be very careful when around them & don't leave children unattended. I wouldn't own one.

My jack russell does the same thing.

I certainly don't leave children unattended with big dogs, ever.

most dogs that kill aren't reacting to abuse.

The American Pit Bull Terrier is the only dog on earth that was bred to show no aggression towards humans! It does not make the top ten on the dog bite ( police reports ) list! Eighty percent of reported pit bull atacks are really mutts! They were called the childrens nursemaids during world war 2! As far as I am concerned, they are the best thing on the planet!
The white man created the breed - the black man has given it a bad name.

Pit Bull Dangers

The number of pit bulls put down has reached 1 million a year in shelters. This is caused by over breeding and by the pit bull advocacy’s efforts to try to convince innocent families that pit bulls are safe. So the families go get a pit bull puppy and go home convinced by the advocates myths, misinformation and lies that they have done a good thing.

Fortunately most find out the truth about the dogs aggression before it fully matures. These are the lucky ones, they can take the dog to the shelter and drop it off before it has attacked, seriously injured or killed anyone. The unlucky ones are those you hear in the news reports practically every day.

They are always so shocked and in disbelief that their sweet loving family pet pit bull suddenly with out warning attacked either the owner, a family member,
friend or neighbor. They made the mistake of listening to the pit bull advocacy and believing their lies. Even though they like all the rest of us see the news reports all the time, even though they like the rest of us see how much worse pit bull attacks are than other dogs, despite all the empirical evidence and cold hard fact that pit bulls are extremely more dangerous than other dogs. Despite the fact that pit bulls kill more people than all other dogs combined, despite the fact that the relentless and vicious attacks cause so much more injury, trauma, tragedy and permanently life altering consequences. They still choose to believe the pit bull advocates and look what it has cost them now.

Watch the video T-24 Hours and see an advocate making a last minute attempt to save a pit bull that should never have been born. Stop the over breeding and stop the myths, misinformation and lies, Stop allowing the pit bull owners and advocates spreading their myths, misinformation and lies, stop allowing them to knowingly continue to put people in harms way with their deliberately deceitful and dishonest rhetoric, propaganda and obfuscations. Stop allowing the pit bull advocacy from continuing to make the problems worse, stop allowing them to cause more and more people to get seriously injured and killed by these dogs.

Pit Bull Facts and Statistics:

According to a 20-year CDC (Center for Disease Control) study, from 1979 to 1998, Pit Bulls are responsible for over one third of all fatal dog attacks.

Breeds of Dogs Involved in Fatal Human Attacks in the United States Between 1979 and 1998, by Sacks, Sinclair, Gilchrist, Golab and Lockwood, Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association, 2000. Link: http://www.dogsbite.org/pdf/1979-1998-breeds-dogs-involved-in-fatal-human-attacks-us.pdf

According to a 3-year study covering 2006, 2007 and 2008, Pit Bulls are responsible for 59% of all fatal dog attacks.

Report: U.S. Dog Bite Fatalities January 2006 to December 2008, by DogsBite.org, April 20, 2009(Pit Bull Attacks and Pit Bull Laws - Advocating on Behalf of Dog Attack Victims - The Official DogsBite.org) Link: http://www.dogsbite.org/reports/dogsbite-report-us-dog-bite-fatalities-2006-2008.pdf

Pit Bulls make up only 5% of dogs in the United Statesyet are responsible for far more deaths than ALL other breeds combined.

Dog attack deaths and maimings, U.S.& Canada, September 1982 to June 25, 2010, by Merritt Clifton, Animal People, June 25, 2010. Link: http://www.dogsbite.org/pdf/dog-attack-deaths-maimings-2010.pdf

The AKC (American Kennel Club) recognizes 167 breeds of dogs yet 1 breed, Pit Bulls, kill more than all the rest combined.

“What Does it Take to be an AKC Registered Breed?” The American Kennel Club (American Kennel Club - akc.org) Link: AKC Facts and Stats

To illustrate the inherent danger with this breed consider an 85-day period covering most of July, August and September of 2008;

* Pit Bulls made 127 attacks.

* Injured 158 people,

* 63% of the injuries were severe.

* 10 of the attacks resulted in 15 severed body parts.

* 6 people were killed.

This based upon media reports across theU.S.

“On Pit Bull Awareness Day, DogsBite.org Releases Video of Attack Victims,” DogsBite.org, October 25, 2008(Pit Bull Attacks and Pit Bull Laws - Advocating on Behalf of Dog Attack Victims - The Official DogsBite.org) Link: On Pit Bull Awareness Day, DogsBite.org Releases Video of Attack Victims - DogsBite.org

In the same 85-day period, Law enforcement officers and citizens shot 128 dangerous Pit Bulls and 12 communities’ enacted Pit Bull ordinances.

In all of 2008, there were 373 incidents where law enforcement and/or citizens were forced to shoot dangerous Pit Bulls, 40% of these resulted in or from Pit Bulls Bites or Attacks. 3% also resulted in human injury from the shooting of the dogs.

“On Pit Bull Awareness Day, DogsBite.org Releases Video of Attack Victims,” DogsBite.org, October 25, 2008(Pit Bull Attacks and Pit Bull Laws - Advocating on Behalf of Dog Attack Victims - The Official DogsBite.org) Link: http://blog.dogsbite.org/2008/10/dog-bite-victims-group-releases-video.htmlReport: U.S. Report: Police and Citizen Shootings of Pit Bulls 2008, by DogsBite.org, June 3, 2009 (Pit Bull Attacks and Pit Bull Laws - Advocating on Behalf of Dog Attack Victims - The Official DogsBite.org)
Link: DogsBite.org Releases Report: U.S. Police and Citizen Shootings of Pit Bulls 2008 - DogsBite.org

Even the ASPCA support restrictions and or regulations to help reduce the Pit Bull population in New York City due to the public safety concern. This primarily is an attempt to stave off a complete ban on Pit Bulls that the city is trying to pass.

Question: Is it true that the ASPCA supports restrictions, regulations or ordinances to reduce the Pit Bull population in New York? Answer: Yes. Phone call made on November 9, 2010. Phone number:1-212-876-7700 ext 4655

21 of the last 28 fatalities in Texas have been children, the oldest of which was 11-years old and the youngest was 7-months old, 11 of which were age 3 or under.

“Texas Fatal Pit Bull Maulings,” DogsBite.org Google Map, Last updated November 16, 2010(maps.google.com) Link: Texas Fatal Pit Bull Maulings - DogsBite.org - Google Maps

The latest fatality in theU.S.I am aware of as I write this was a 2-year old boy, Kaden, inRusk County,Texason November 10th 2010. This is the same county whereJustinClintonwas killed by two Pit Bulls just over a year ago.

Kenneth Dean, “Pit Bull Kills Child In Rusk County,” TylerPaper.com, November 11, 2010(TylerPaper.com | Tyler Morning Telegraph) Link: Pit Bull Kills Child In Rusk County

From 1982 to June 25th 2010 in the US & Canada Pit Bulls accounted for;

* The majority of attacks causing bodily harm, 1654,

* The majority of attacks on children, 733,

* The majority of attacks on adults, 549,

* The majority of deaths, 173,

* The majority of people maimed, 905.

Pit Bulls only make up 5% of the dog population. Again this highlights the fact that Pit Bulls Kill far more than all other breeds combined.

Dog attack deaths and maimings, U.S. & Canada, September 1982 to June 25, 2010, by Merritt Clifton, Animal People, June 25, 2010. Link: http://www.dogsbite.org/pdf/dog-attack-deaths-maimings-2010.pdf

The 1991 study of “which dogs bite the most,” often used to defend the Pit Bull breed, does not even include Pit Bulls in the study. The study was conducted in Denver where pit bulls are banned. The study is nearly 20-years old and determined that chained, male, unaltered dogs were the most likely to bite.

Which Dogs Bite? A Case Control Study of Risk Factors (1991), by Gershman K.A., et al. JC., Pediatrics, 1994. 93:913-7. Link: http://www.dogsbite.org/pdf/1991-which-dogs-bite-denver.pdf

Between 2006 to 2008, 88 people suffered death due to a fatal dog attack. Of these deaths, 16% involved chained dogs. Pit bull contributed to 59% (52) of these deaths. Of these 52, 13% (7) involved chained pit bulls.

Report: U.S.Dog Bite Fatalities January 2006 to December 2008, by DogsBite.org, April 20, 2009(Pit Bull Attacks and Pit Bull Laws - Advocating on Behalf of Dog Attack Victims - The Official DogsBite.org) Link: http://www.dogsbite.org/reports/dogsbite-report-us-dog-bite-fatalities-2006-2008.pdf

Even if the pit bull category was “split three ways,” attacks by Pit Bulls & Pit Bull mixes would still outnumber attacks by any other breed.

Dog attack deaths and maimings, U.S. & Canada, September 1982 to June 25, 2010, by Merritt Clifton, Animal People, June 25, 2010. Link: http://www.dogsbite.org/pdf/dog-attack-deaths-maimings-2010.pdf

Pit Bulls are noteworthy for attacking adults almost as frequently as children, a characteristic not shared by any other breed.

Texas led the nation in dog attack fatalities in 2007 with 7 deaths, 6 of which were caused by Pit Bulls.

“Texas leads nation in dog attacks,” Abilene Reporter News, July 12, 2008(Abilene Reporter-News: Local Abilene, Texas News Delivered Throughout the Day.)
Link: http://www.reporternews.com/news/2008/jul/12/no-headline—pound_puppies_-_texas_attacks/

Reports gathered across theU.S.indicate that Pit Bulls bite more than any other breed, this is a fact that those apologizing for the breed consistently deny.

“Pit Bulls Lead “Bite” Counts Across U.S. Cities and Counties,” DogsBite.org, October 1, 2010(Pit Bull Attacks and Pit Bull Laws - Advocating on Behalf of Dog Attack Victims - The Official DogsBite.org) Link: Pit Bulls Lead 'Bite' Counts Across U.S. Cities and Counties - DogsBite.org

In 1991, the United Kingdom (comprised of England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland) passed the Dangerous Dog Act to ban Pit Bull Terriers and a handful of other fighting breeds.

Dangerous Dogs Act 1991, (legislation.gov.uk) Link: Dangerous Dogs Act 1991

Many foreign countries have enacted breed-specific laws to protect citizens from dangerous dogs and to stop the importation of fighting dogs (pit bulls). Countries include, but are not limited to: Argentina, Bavaria, Bermuda, Denmark, Ecuador, France, Guyana, Israel, Italy, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Singapore, Spain, St. Kitts and Nevis, Turkey, the UAE, United Kingdom, Venezuela and parts of Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Germany, Ireland, and Japan.”

The Pit Bull problem is worldwide.

“Ecuador Joins International Trend: Bans Pit Bulls and Rottweilers as Pets,” Dogsbite.org, February 6, 2009(Pit Bull Attacks and Pit Bull Laws - Advocating on Behalf of Dog Attack Victims - The Official DogsBite.org) Link: Ecuador Joins International Trend: Bans Pit Bulls and Rottweilers as Pets - DogsBite.org

There were nearly 300 Pit Bull attacks inIndianapolislast year (2009) according to Police spokesmanJeffDuhamell.

Norm Heikens, “What to do when a pit bull attacks,” IBJ.com, March 24, 2010(Indianapolis Business News - Latest Indiana Headlines, Top Stories, Breaking News - Indianapolis Business Journal - IBJ.com)
Link: What to do when a pit bull attacks | NewsTalk | Indianapolis Business Journal | IBJ.com

More

Pit Bull owners wake up!: Pit Bull Attacks vs. other breeds - understand the difference!

I love Malamutes!

I've had all sorts of dogs...I tend to like mutts, they have fewer health issues (though God knows Mylo doesn't have anything wrong with her, she'll probably outlive me) and they don't have the genetic stuff going on that some purebreds do.

I tend to like larger dogs. I like the way people react to them, and I like how impressive they are when they are obedient. Little dogs can do tricks all day long and get "oh isn't he cute"...but if a big dog sits on command, you get "OMG HE'S SO OBEDIENT!!!" It's hilarious.

Our Inuk is an interesting story. My wife, son and daughter drove to Michigan to get him.

He is a cousin of:

Costello: The 2006 Iams Co. Viewers Choice for Best in Show and the 2006 AKC/Eukanuba National Champ
Cosgarden2006big.jpg

My daughter is the one who lobbied for the puppy (now our Inuk) they ended up choosing. He was the only one not paying attention to the people there, Inuk was happily rolling around in a mud puddle.

Inuk looks identical to Costello, with one fatal flaw (only to dog breeders). Inuk's nose is not a solid color. The breeder GAVE Inuk dog away for free. They just wanted him and his flaw out of sight and off their property.

Our Inuk

CFxlj.jpg

vKzii.jpg

PTzJD.jpg

Dogs aren't being punished, they are animals.

If a dog kills someone, even if you felt they were provoked, they are still euthanized because that dog has proven to be a danger to the public.

Which is fucking ridiculous. We are saying that a dog has no right to protect itself from danger.

most dogs that kill aren't reacting to abuse.

That is true, but for the ones that do, it saddens me that they are put down.

Wow, that's pretty awful..thanks for the warning.

I can show horrific injuries caused by horses, too.

Show me a photo of a horse bite that takes half of the owners face off.

leading use of articifal noses and such are from horse bites

-MILFORD — A horse bit a 2½-year-old in the face at Glendale Farm Thursday, causing what a fire official described as "a pretty big injury" because the child is so young.
Milford Fire Department Capt. Harold Streit said the child and his father were petting a horse at Glendale, 203 Herbert Road, at 10:45 a.m. when the animal bit the boy on the cheek.

CT-toddler badly bitten by horse - Chronicle Forums

This is true.

When a German Shepherd, rottie, dobie, or lab bites you you will.

It is not one thing, that make Pit Bulls the most dangerous breed, but a series of traits that when put together more easily result in deadly attacks.

pitts are not the most dangerous breeds there are breeds out there that make a pit look like a big baby

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3lVxNbSVOw&feature=related]SO CALLED TOP 10 MOST DANGEROUS DOGS???? - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back