Pitbull love

yea they miss their people for a long time....i know billie is just starting to accept us as new people after a year and half but cats are like that.....dogs will normally settle in quicker and its not like you are just gonna forget about her...now is it?

No I won't, but it will be hard on her if it happens. Let's hope it doesn't. These little behaviors all originate with my kids and the stupid things they do. The first time, my daughter was eating and the dogs were both at the table and she was talking to them...which is a HUGE no-no, but she does it anyway if I'm not sitting there with her. Second time, the cardboard tube in question was one that my son had been playing with, with klaus, making funny sounds with it..Klaus was obsessed and as soon as the boy put it down, he picked it up and pulled it apart. He had a dollar-sized piece of it and that's what Mylo tried to take, and he objected mightily. That was his Special Thing. I took it from him after he stomped Mylo and he got to watch me throw it away.

You know, my pit is super good with my cats and bunny. She doesn't chase them and has never tried to harm any of them. One of the cats was a kitten when we got her, and she bonded with tally (the pit). They sleep together most nights, with the cat curled right up against the dog.

I know this is going to sound crazy, but the bunny and two of the cats came to us before they were even weaned...they were tiny. And Tally was allowed, very gently to sniff and nuzzle them. Somehow she figured out that she wasn't supposed to play rough with them or hurt them, and that they weren't squeaky toys to be dismembered, but that they were part of our family. She cries at night if the cats aren't all inside the house at bedtime.

Last edited:
My son had a pet house bunny that had the run of the house for 2 years with his pit.

You know, my pit is super good with my cats and bunny. She doesn't chase them and has never tried to harm any of them. One of the cats was a kitten when we got her, and she bonded with tally (the pit). They sleep together most nights, with the cat curled right up against the dog.

I know this is going to sound crazy, but the bunny and two of the cats came to us before they were even weaned...they were tiny. And Tally was allowed, very gently to sniff and nuzzle them. Somehow she figured out that she wasn't supposed to play rough with them or hurt them, and that they weren't squeaky toys to be dismembered, but that they were part of our family. She cries at night if the cats aren't all inside the house at bedtime.

isn't that special :rolleyes: :eusa_shhh: asswipe. Stop acting like an emo chick on her period. :)

Last edited:

isn't that special :rolleyes: :eusa_shhh: asswipe. Stop acting like an emo chick on her period. :)

^Look who's dating warbler now.

why aren't you up in the debate sub-forum :confused: Look woman: the only reason I called you an emo chick is because you seem to take shit so seriously on this board. I don't call people names other than toned down words like asswipe or dope. Stop cussing me out through back-channels or continue on. Understood? Carry-on. :cool:

Last edited:
You're trolling my thread, stalker. I didn't come looking for you.

IMG_20121023_064928.jpg

That dog looks exactly like a pit I rescued from a fighting ring. Exactly right down to the brown around his eye.

I found my pit an excellent family home. He was apprehensive around dogs, so they got him his own kitten for company. He treated that kitten like he was the momma.

I love this thread. i work at a veterinary hospital and most pits are friendly, playful and imo beautiful dogs.
A couple have been very aggressive ( again...the training, or lack of I should say)

There is one that comes in named "Haas"...he has a great owner and this dog is awesome. =>

I love this thread. i work at a veterinary hospital and most pits are friendly, playful and imo beautiful dogs.
A couple have been very aggressive ( again...the training, or lack of I should say)

There is one that comes in named "Haas"...he has a great owner and this dog is awesome. =>

my friend owns one

Last edited:

Forum List

Back