pitbull almost dies saving owner from train tracks

Your numbers are largely crap considering I can go and grab about three polls that contest it while you grab three more that contest mine.

No, you can find 10 articles about people making excuses and denying reality and I can find 1000 NEWS REPORTS of human beings being attacked and/or killed by pit bull type dogs.

^ This.

Pits can be sweet loving dogs but their background/genetics should never be discounted, dismissed or ignored. Anyone who does this is foolish.

I agree. I have many friends with Pits who wouldn't have any other breed.

Personally I have nothing against the breed and am currently fostering a Pit/GSD mix. He's a great dog. Super friendly with people and other dogs.

I also agree that if you can try to check the pups background before you bring one into your home.

They have a bad reputation. Some of which is totally undeserved but its always good to be safe rather than sorry when dealing with this breed. Of course there are other breeds out there with just as bad a rep as the Pit.

^ Absolutely.

If I ever decided to get a pit I'd either get one as a pup (that didn't have any fighting directly in it's background). Or if I decided to get an older dog I'd not have it around kids. Regardless of how 'rehabbed' it was. And I'd keep an extremely watchful eye on it if I had other pets.

I'd likely never get a pit though . . . I like my dogs with nice furry coats! lol

The problem is not so much the dogs. They do what they do. Bad owners are the problem. No, not just the ones who whip the dogs with chains and starve them to death, but the ones who cross breed and inbreed the dogs to get blue pits for example. Then you get the ones like those poor folks whose dog ate there child. They leave there dogs in the back yard unattended, or let them off the leash at the park and are shocked when they do what dogs do. Pits dont have supernatural killing or fighting ability, nor are they borne or made mean. They are just dogs. Like guns, irresponsible people should not be allowed to own them.

Your numbers are largely crap considering I can go and grab about three polls that contest it while you grab three more that contest mine.

No, you can find 10 articles about people making excuses and denying reality and I can find 1000 NEWS REPORTS of human beings being attacked and/or killed by pit bull type dogs.

No you cant. You already tried but couldn't, and that's why you have not. You are already changing the criteria . You have gone from pit bulls to pit bull type dogs.

No you cant. You already tried but couldn't, and that's why you have not. You are already changing the criteria . You have gone from pit bulls to pit bull type dogs.

Have you ever heard of 'Google' idiot?

Have you ever heard of 'Google' idiot?

Yup. Hasn't done you much good retard. But if you notice the link I posted, a child was dismembered by a dog that was not a pit bull. I will find you one for one. Ill even show you two separate dog attacks reported by a local news channel in different parts of the state using footage of the same dog. You still aint bringing it.

^ This.

Pits can be sweet loving dogs but their background/genetics should never be discounted, dismissed or ignored. Anyone who does this is foolish.

Personally I have nothing against the breed and am currently fostering a Pit/GSD mix. He's a great dog. Super friendly with people and other dogs.

I also agree that if you can try to check the pups background before you bring one into your home.

They have a bad reputation. Some of which is totally undeserved but its always good to be safe rather than sorry when dealing with this breed. Of course there are other breeds out there with just as bad a rep as the Pit.

Chihuahua... another mean vicious little bastard.

If the choice is between a chihuahua, a dog who shivers and pisses all over the floor when excited, and a pit bull who eats children, I have to ask myself: what's so special about kids?

“Anyone who hates small dogs and children can't be all bad.”

- W.C. Fields (or Maybe it was Mother Teresa)

If the choice is between a chihuahua, a dog who shivers and pisses all over the floor when excited, and a pit bull who eats children, I have to ask myself: what's so special about kids?

My dog pisses and trembles when he meets now people, or when you close a door to hard, or when the phone rings. He is a pit bull. A rescue as a matter of fact.

My dog pisses and trembles when he meets now people, or when you close a door to hard, or when the phone rings. He is a pit bull. A rescue as a matter of fact.

Learned behavior from his liberal master?

Learned behavior from his liberal master?

Not really, he is just a coward. I do tremble when I am scared, and I do start with un expected loud noises, but I no longer piss all over the place. :eusa_shifty: And I dont think I am allowed in the liberal club.

Pitbulls are just dogs like any other dog'

They are wonderful and loyal friends

Pit bull owners often say that the dog is not dangerous, and most of the time they are correct. Pit bulls have not been proved to bite people more often than other dogs bite people. Nevertheless, the pregnant woman who recently was mauled to death by one of her own pit bulls belonged to a group which was campaigning to convince people that pit bulls are not dangerous. The name of that group was "Dog Lovers Responsible about Pit Bulls." Her dog bit her dozens of times in her body and face, killing her and her unborn child. (Read the article.)

The question we must ask ourselves is whether the risk of this being repeated is worth taking. When any other dog has a bad day, somebody can get hurt; when a pit bull has a bad day, somebody can get killed. Although the appalling lack of statistics cannot reliably tell us the number of victims from this breed of dog, the news reports as well as an important recent study confirm that attacks by pit bulls result in far greater injuries, hospitalizations and medical costs that attacks by other dogs. In recent years, most human fatalities, if caused by a dog, were inflicted by pit bulls.

Pit Bulls: Risks and Solutions

^You will notice that the media will always report a fatal pit bull attack, but they never seem to report an attack by any other breed of dog. Hearing about pit bull attacks day after day makes people assume that they are dangerous, when they are just as dangerous as any other breed.

^You will notice that the media will always report a fatal pit bull attack, but they never seem to report an attack by any other breed of dog. Hearing about pit bull attacks day after day makes people assume that they are dangerous, when they are just as dangerous as any other breed.

That is a false statement.

Forum List

Back