pitbull almost dies saving owner from train tracks

Dio is a pom/border collie mix, spca find. Sweet dog although somewhat fearful of people he doesn't know. Was walking him a few weeks back, came upon a woman walking towards me on the sidewalk. She veered onto the grass as she passed us (she wasn't really paying attention to the dogs, she was looking at her ipod) and Dio sniffed her as she was passing by. I was watching him very carefully but not carefully enough. She (unconsciously) reached down to pat his head just as he was sniffing her leg . . it scared him (he doesn't go for the hand-over-the-head pat, even with us) and his reaction was biting. Nipped her leg. :eek:

Would you ever think this adorable little mutt would do that? Dogs are dog and you have to always be watching and reading their body language to know what they're thinking and how they may react.

IMG_0817.jpg

Chihuahua... another mean vicious little bastard.

Ray of Sunshine today, aren't ya. :lol: :)
We have a Pit Bull in the house, my Son's dog. He's just under 2 years. He is like a shadow. Not a mean bone in his body. He doesn't know his own strength though. Very loving, great to pet. He thinks I'm his personal Chef. :) We do not let him near young kids.

yep.... that i sure am :)

I am not saying that all pits are bad..... i am saying they can be and are very dangerous. I work closely with animal care and control. I know what is in the kennels.... and what dogs are the most trouble and aggressive.... People got chihuahuas becasue they were the flavor of the month....not understanding the breed. People found out they are meal little bastards.... they were bread to be that way. We have so many surrender chihuahuas right now we are trying to ship them out of state.

Oh, so they make a tasty sammie, eh? Nom! lol

A true herding dog, with herding ancestors, will nip and attempt to herd kids.

We had a Norwegian Elkhound when the kids were little. He would herd my youngest, keeping her from going near the road or any other perceived danger; he never nipped her, but would grab her coat or pants and pull her back if she didn't mind him lol. Great dog, even though he did frustrate the hell of of that kid :)

Chihuahua... another mean vicious little bastard.

We have a Pit Bull in the house, my Son's dog. He's just under 2 years. He is like a shadow. Not a mean bone in his body. He doesn't know his own strength though. Very loving, great to pet. He thinks I'm his personal Chef. :) We do not let him near young kids.

I am not saying that all pits are bad..... i am saying they can be and are very dangerous. I work closely with animal care and control. I know what is in the kennels.... and what dogs are the most trouble and aggressive.... People got chihuahuas becasue they were the flavor of the month....not understanding the breed. People found out they are meal little bastards.... they were bread to be that way. We have so many surrender chihuahuas right now we are trying to ship them out of state.

Yup. Chi's aren't as sweet as everyone thinks they are.

Hell. When I lived in NH we had a man who came to my folks store all the time. He had a beautiful German Shepherd and Paco a brown and white Chi. Everyone was leery or the GSD, who was super sweet and a great dog. The Chi on the other hand would take a finger if he could get ya. One mean little SOB. The owner used to laugh. He said everyone is afraid of Shadow when they should be afraid of Paco.

Have many Chi's turned in here at the our local shelter as well.

Oh, so they make a tasty sammie, eh? Nom! lol

:lol::lol:

why yes i do.... OMG! LOL...i am so out of reps.... i owe you for that :lmao:

It's nice to hear a good story about pitbulls.

I have known many and most of the ones Ive known were wonderful animals.

Its how they are treated NOT some spoky locking jaw like people have been told.

they have a normal jaw and are merely inclined to have lots of muscle.

They are just a dog and I wish people would stop all the lies about them

They are not lies. Ignoring what the dog is....is also dangerous.

Deal with it you liar.

Oh, so they make a tasty sammie, eh?
Nom! lol
No chillNz leff beehine B showin dey troo kullers again.:lol:

Last edited:
American Pit Bull Terrier, Pit Bulls, Pitbulls

The American Pit Bull Terrier has a strong pleasure to please. The APBT has evoked more human emotional, rational, and irrational response than any other breed that exists today. By no means are these dogs people-haters or people-eaters. Their natural aggressive tendencies are toward other dogs and animals, not people. However if they are properly socialized with a firm, but calm, confident, consistent pack leader, they will not even be aggressive with them. The American Pit Bull Terrier is a good-natured, amusing, extremely loyal and affectionate family pet, which is good with children and adults. Almost always obedient, it is always eager to please its master. It is an extremely courageous and intelligent guard dog that is very full of vitality. Highly protective of his owners and the owner's property, it will fight an enemy to the death. It is usually very friendly, but has an uncanny ability to know when it needs to protect and when everything is okay. The American Pit Bull Terrier can be willful with meek owners and needs a firm hand. They are generally okay with other pets if they are raised with them from puppy hood. They are very friendly, but not recommended for most people, because most people do not understand how to properly raise and treat a dog. Problems arise when one does not understands dog psychology, seeing the dog as having human emotions, and ends up with a dog who thinks he is the boss of the house. For a smaller, not as powerful dog, people can sometimes get away with this, however, for a powerful breed, one really needs to understand and follow this concept of keeping a dog. An excellent guide to learning how to properly treat a dog is the Dog Whisperer with Cesar Millan (recommended to all dog owners regardless of the breed they own). Excellent with children in the family, they have a high pain tolerance and will happily put up with rough child play. As with any breed, they should not be left alone with unfamiliar children. used as all around working farm dogs, they were referred to as "the poor mans horse". Later they were used as fighting dogs, the powerful American Pit Bull may go for the throat of strange dogs. A minimum of training, along with the proper amount of exercise and a firm pack leader, will produce a tranquil, obedient dog. Socialize very thoroughly when young to combat aggressive tendencies and be sure to keep the dog under control when other dogs are present. Teach this dog respect for humans by not allowing it to jump up and not allowing it to enter doorways first. The humans must make the dog heel beside or behind them when walking. It has given outstanding results as a guardian of property, but is at the same time esteemed as a companion dog. The objective in training this dog is to achieve a pack leader status. It is a natural instinct for a dog to have an order in their pack. When we humans live with dogs, we become their pack. The entire pack cooperates under a single leader. Lines are clearly defined and rules are set. You and all other humans MUST be higher up in the order than the dog. That is the only way your relationship can be a success. When properly trained and socialized, this is a very good dog and a great family companion. Unfortunately, some choose to promote the fighting instinct in the breed, giving it a bad name. If you would like to witness what a well-balanced Pitbull is like, tune into the Dog Whisperer and check out Daddy and Junior along with the rest of Cesar's pack of Pits. Daddy has since passed on, however there are still many episodes that air with him. R.I.P. Daddy.

Last edited:
Pitbulls are just dogs like any other dog'

They are wonderful and loyal friends

They are also the worst offenders of dog mauling people and the single most vicious breed animal care and control has to deal with.
That's more about the owner than the dog. If you own a pibble, you need to know that this is NOT like owning a basset hound, and plan life accordingly.

I hate to say this, but in this one RARE AS HELL instance, I agree with Truthiepoo. I need to rinse myself in lye. I feel so dirty.

They are not lies. Ignoring what the dog is....is also dangerous.

Deal with it you liar.
This is ALSO very true.

Yup. Chi's aren't as sweet as everyone thinks they are.

Hell. When I lived in NH we had a man who came to my folks store all the time. He had a beautiful German Shepherd and Paco a brown and white Chi. Everyone was leery or the GSD, who was super sweet and a great dog. The Chi on the other hand would take a finger if he could get ya. One mean little SOB. The owner used to laugh. He said everyone is afraid of Shadow when they should be afraid of Paco.

Have many Chi's turned in here at the our local shelter as well.
I hate chihuahuas for that very reason. They're like the canine version of 'chattering teeth'. Even Min Pins, aka Land Piranha are better.

A dog can sense human fear.

if you are fearful of them they think you are up to something and have a reason to fear.

The more people walk arround fearing ANY breed the more incidents that will happen.

If you know dogs you know Im right

As with any animal, you must be careful with the background of it's ancestors.
A true herding dog, with herding ancestors, will nip and attempt to herd kids. A fighting dog, who's ancestors were fighters, will want to fight.
A hunting dog( background) will be inclined to hunt. A race horse (background) will have no desire to gallop or trail ride.
A Bush will want to suppress and rule.
A Sharpton will want to be rich without lifting a finger.
Uh murkin will often not be able to find it's own nation on a map.

why you capping on sharpton, he is a good man and has worked hard to help the American people.

So now helping people is being lazy?
Al Sharpton is a piece of shit race pimp. He and others like Jesse Jackson and Louis Farrakhan are responsible for a great deal of racial resentment. Had they just shut up 30 years ago, racism and economic disparity would have all but vanished by now.
Yet, Sharpton stirs the pot to remain the center of attention. He is usually on the wrong side as witnessed by Crown Heights, Tawana Brawley and the Duke Lacrosse team.

No TDM, Al Sharpton is NOT a good man. He's a sub-human piece of shit; a lot like you.

zoom i hope the lady realized she caused the biting.....i am around dogs all the time......i always hold out my hand and wait for the dog to accept me......never go for the overhead pat.....it startles a dog too much...

last time i was bitten was by a blue heeler...the dude was going..come on in..she doesnt bite.......she bit me right in the damned heel....lucky for me and him it was not a bad bite

As with any animal, you must be careful with the background of it's ancestors.
A true herding dog, with herding ancestors, will nip and attempt to herd kids. A fighting dog, who's ancestors were fighters, will want to fight.
A hunting dog( background) will be inclined to hunt. A race horse (background) will have no desire to gallop or trail ride.
A Bush will want to suppress and rule.
A Sharpton will want to be rich without lifting a finger.
Uh murkin will often not be able to find it's own nation on a map.

why you capping on sharpton, he is a good man and has worked hard to help the American people.

Al Sharpton is a piece of shit race pimp. He and others like Jesse Jackson and Louis Farrakhan are responsible for a great deal of racial resentment. Had they just shut up 30 years ago, racism and economic disparity would have all but vanished by now.
Yet, Sharpton stirs the pot to remain the center of attention. He is usually on the wrong side as witnessed by Crown Heights, Tawana Brawley and the Duke Lacrosse team.

No TDM, Al Sharpton is NOT a good man. He's a sub-human piece of shit; a lot like you.

you really hate black people huh?

zoom i hope the lady realized she caused the biting.....i am around dogs all the time......i always hold out my hand and wait for the dog to accept me......never go for the overhead pat.....it startles a dog too much...

last time i was bitten was by a blue heeler...the dude was going..come on in..she doesnt bite.......she bit me right in the damned heel....lucky for me and him it was not a bad bite

She also had her fingers extended towards him (then turned her hand over above his head to pat him). :eek: Pretty sure she has a dog . .. how she doesn't know to always offer the knuckle side of her hand I just don't know.

He broke a little bit of skin on the side of her leg, just below her knee. No big deal but yeah, she never even asked if it was ok to pet him. It was more of an absent minded pat that she was doing ... but still. I haven't seen her since then but now if I encounter people when I'm walking him I"ll wrap the leash around my hand and hold him back, just in case.

I always ask and do nothing until the owner says ok and even then I go easy and don't over do it.

A blue heeler bit you on the heel? Oh, the irony! :lol: I had a wiener dog chomp down on my ankle when I was ten. And the dog knew me! Freakin' wiener dog . . . . :mad:

you really hate black people huh?

Black green purple... makes no difference to me. A piece of shit race pimp is a piece of shit, no matter what color. Janet Murguia, Al Sharpton, you... You're all race pimps, and by definition, pieces of shit.

Forum List

Back