Pit Bulls Surprising past

Big Hoss

Rookie
Aug 2, 2010
South Dakota
Pit bulls

Nice to see something like this. I love pit bulls best dog I ever had but some jerk shot her in the back and we had to have her put down. I would love to buy another one some day...but due to fact we rent its hard to find places willing to rent to us if we had one.

Uh dude, THIS ISN"T POLITICS! We have a pet forum. Reading is your friend.

pol·i·tics (pl-tks)
n.
1. (used with a sing. verb)
a. The art or science of government or governing, especially the governing of a political entity, such as a nation, and the administration and control of its internal and external affairs.
b. Political science.
2. (used with a sing. or pl. verb)
a. The activities or affairs engaged in by a government, politician, or political party: "All politics is local" (Thomas P. O'Neill, Jr.) "Politics have appealed to me since I was at Oxford because they are exciting morning, noon, and night" (Jeffrey Archer).
b. The methods or tactics involved in managing a state or government: The politics of the former regime were rejected by the new government leadership. If the politics of the conservative government now borders on the repressive, what can be expected when the economy falters?
3. (used with a sing. or pl. verb) Political life: studied law with a view to going into politics; felt that politics was a worthwhile career.
4. (used with a sing. or pl. verb) Intrigue or maneuvering within a political unit or group in order to gain control or power: Partisan politics is often an obstruction to good government. Office politics are often debilitating and counterproductive.
5. (used with a sing. or pl. verb) Political attitudes and positions: His politics on that issue is his own business. Your politics are clearly more liberal than mine.
6. (used with a sing. or pl. verb) The often internally conflicting interrelationships among people in a society.

politics - definition of politics by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

pet 1 (pt)
n.
1. An animal kept for amusement or companionship.

pets - definition of pets by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

I hope this helps you file your bullshit in the right place in future.

Pits are just dogs.

I have known many that were wonderful hairy people

• Banned
pol·i·tics (pl-tks)
n.
a. The art or science of government or governing, especially the governing of a political entity, such as a nation, and the administration and control of its internal and external affairs.
b. Political science.
a. The activities or affairs engaged in by a government, politician, or political party: "All politics is local" (Thomas P. O'Neill, Jr.) "Politics have appealed to me since I was at Oxford because they are exciting morning, noon, and night" (Jeffrey Archer).
b. The methods or tactics involved in managing a state or government: The politics of the former regime were rejected by the new government leadership. If the politics of the conservative government now borders on the repressive, what can be expected when the economy falters?
3. (used with a sing. or pl. verb) Political life: studied law with a view to going into politics; felt that politics was a worthwhile career.
4. (used with a sing. or pl. verb) Intrigue or maneuvering within a political unit or group in order to gain control or power: Partisan politics is often an obstruction to good government. Office politics are often debilitating and counterproductive.
5. (used with a sing. or pl. verb) Political attitudes and positions: His politics on that issue is his own business. Your politics are clearly more liberal than mine.
6. (used with a sing. or pl. verb) The often internally conflicting interrelationships among people in a society.

politics - definition of politics by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

pet 1 (pt)
n.

pets - definition of pets by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

Skank. This is a political thing because governments locally mostly ban pit bulls so it is political so run along and go bash someone else who gives a flying fuck what you have to say mmk.

Shut the hell up troll. You don't know where to post your idiot threads, so the mods have to do it for you.

pol·i·tics (pl-tks)
n.
b. Political science.

pet 1 (pt)
n.

Skank. This is a political thing because governments locally mostly ban pit bulls so it is political so run along and go bash someone else who gives a flying fuck what you have to say mmk.

Were you born stupid or was it a gradual process?

• Banned
pol·i·tics (pl-tks)
n.
b. Political science.

pet 1 (pt)
n.

Were you born a edited or did you work at it? Mind your own damn business if you don't like it then don't read it!

Were you born a **** or did you work at it? Mind your own damn business if you don't like it then don't read it!

And, yet, I am not the one who's thread just got moved to its rightful place. Nor am I the one who's getting the mark of the Mod left all over their posts. That would be you. Stupid boy.

Try camomile tea.

maybe some good exersize and some breathing exersizes.

There are things you can do for out of control anger

Pit bulls can make wonderful pets but given their history, caution should be taken with these dogs. The right owner is just as important as the right dog. Our local spca won't adopt pit bulls out to anyone with children under 10. Good idea, imo.

Pit bulls can make wonderful pets but given their history, caution should be taken with these dogs. The right owner is just as important as the right dog. Our local spca won't adopt pit bulls out to anyone with children under 10. Good idea, imo.

It is a good idea. Pits get very bad press, much of it undeserved... if I had my way, I'd be tempted to put down the owners rather than the dog. A dog is only a product of it's environment.

It is a good idea. Pits get very bad press, much of it undeserved... if I had my way, I'd be tempted to put down the owners rather than the dog. A dog is only a product of it's environment.

Only to a degree. Traits are inbred in dogs and pits have a long history of being bred and used as fighting dogs and that trait can rear it's ugly head even with the proper environment/upbringing.

When we got our border collie mix, no one told her to chase the kids, nip at their heels and try to round them up. It's inbred in her, it's natural. Likewise for the aggressive nature of pits. I'm not saying they can't (or don't) make good pets . . . just that they should be properly supervised . . . especially when kids are around.

Last edited:
My son has a red nosed pit bull, and when he first got the dog, I was very much against it! At the time, he only had a little girl, she was 2 at the time. I was terrified of the dog being left with, or being near my granddaughter. When I would knock on their house door, that dog would act like it wanted to eat me alive!
Damn how I worried!!
But, since then, 4 years have passed, my granddaughter is now 6 and my son has added another child, my grandson is 2.
The pit is named Happy, a male, who has been neutered. I am no longer afraid of Happy, and I was very much at first and the dog sensed it.
Happy is great with my grandchildren, but then, the dog was a puppy when my son got him, I think about 6 weeks old. So he has grown into this family. I feel better now with a pit in the family than I did 4 years ago. They get a bad rap. And it's all in how the owners treat them.
But I personally wouldn't have one, I am more of shih-tzu girl :)

Last edited:
Over time, the breed, which was also bred to battle bulls and fight other dogs, picked up a reputation for a nasty nature. Cesar Millan, the "dog whisperer" who is around the breed every day, says it's people who should be blamed, not the breed. He writes on his website, "Pit bulls get a bad rap because of irresponsible owners."

Indeed.

My son’s g/f has pits, very sweet and dumb; the family raises them responsibly.

Pits are great...they used to be the All-American dog, the dog on Little Rascals and early records...RCA! They're terriers and as such aren't for everybody. But my boy has a big monster and he's wonderful with the kids. We don't leave them alone together, but we don't leave any big dog alone with the kids. He will sleep with the little ones; they can lay on top of him, take his food, cover him with a blanket, he loves it all.

Forum List

Back