Pit Bulls Have No Place In A Civilized Society!

You do realize it's mostly Pit Bull OWNERS that are the problem, right?

Everyone wants them because they look like badass dogs, and they have a high "cool" factor.

Fact is, 9 times out of 10, the people that buy them are NOT the right type of owners for them.

You need to do your research before buying ANY pet to make sure it's going to be compatible with your household, and your lifestyle.

So, you ARE wrong.

I *really* want a spider monkey as a pet.. I don't have one.. Why? Because as much as I want one, I lead the wrong type of life to HAVE one.

I couldn't care less what someone's pit bull does to them if they are stupid enough to want one in the first place. I am concerned about children in these households and people living in the neighborhood when they get loose and other animals. It isn't the danger they pose to their retarded owners. They can't be reached anyway.

You are a retard. NO dog breed is so bad they can not be normal pets. Pit Bulls are sweet dogs. Loyal and protective. Properly cared for and treated perfectly safe around children and other small things.

Friend has an 8 month old baby and her pit Bulls love that baby. She plays with them. She breeds pits. Has for over 10 years.

Like I said, "They can't be reached anyway."

Baby's Toes Chewed Off by Pit Bull | momlogic.com

Everyone wants them because they look like badass dogs, and they have a high "cool" factor.

Fact is, 9 times out of 10, the people that buy them are NOT the right type of owners for them.

You need to do your research before buying ANY pet to make sure it's going to be compatible with your household, and your lifestyle.

So, you ARE wrong.

I *really* want a spider monkey as a pet.. I don't have one.. Why? Because as much as I want one, I lead the wrong type of life to HAVE one.

I couldn't care less what someone's pit bull does to them if they are stupid enough to want one in the first place. I am concerned about children in these households and people living in the neighborhood when they get loose and other animals. It isn't the danger they pose to their retarded owners. They can't be reached anyway.

So.. you're going to blame the dogs for acting like dogs, rather than the owners for purchasing something they have no business purchasing? How about the breeders that sell them to people they have no business selling them to just to make a buck?

You're too stupid for air.

Blame has nothing to do with preventing attacks on people who were not stupid enough to want a pit bull.

So.. you're going to blame the dogs for acting like dogs, rather than the owners for purchasing something they have no business purchasing? How about the breeders that sell them to people they have no business selling them to just to make a buck?

Blame has nothing to do with preventing attacks on people who were not stupid enough to want a pit bull.

So you just want to kill off anything you don't think should be a part of society?

Neat.

what a silly thread....

should there be no animals that might possibly, under certain circumstances, maybe sometimes get dangerous?

i, personally, wouldn't choose to have a pit bull, but that's my preference. I also think it's probably better not to have one if one has children.

and maybe if you have a pit bull, you have to take some extra precautions when around strangers.

but no place for pitbulls in a civilized society?

kinda excessive there, cheesecake.

and judge j was fine to appear before in family court... and she's a lot of fun to watch, but i'm gonna pass on making her opinion gospel.

You can't own an alligator, bear, or a lion without a permit to have a dangerous animal.

Why should pit bulls get a pass just because they are dogs?

Lots of cities have outlawed the breed after a serious attack...so why wait?

Pit bulls are wonderful dogs.

It's people who fucking suck.

Your second statement has some merit, but can't I think of a way to outlaw idiots.

Of course, if people weren't morons, they would have no interest in pit bulls in the first place.

Their is no safe Pit Bull ever.

I'm no fanatic of the breed or anything, but 2 of my best friends have had pits as their pet dog for a long time now.

I've never known any of them to even so much as take a nip at anyone.

From the video..."not their day".

The idiot in the second video raised his from a puppy.

The vast majority of biting dogs (77%) belong to the victim's family or a friend.

DOG BITE LAW - Statistics about dog bites in the USA and elsewhere

Last edited:
Their is no safe Pit Bull ever.

I'm no fanatic of the breed or anything, but 2 of my best friends have had pits as their pet dog for a long time now.

Their idiot in the second video raised his from a puppy.

The vast majority of biting dogs (77%) belong to the victim's family or a friend.

And in how many of those cases was the attack completely unwarranted, and unprovoked?

Pit bulls are wonderful dogs.

It's people who fucking suck.

Your second statement has some merit, but can't I think of a way to outlaw idiots.

Of course, if people weren't morons, they would have no interest in pit bulls in the first place.

So now only morons like Pit Bulls? You're digging rather deep, aren't you?

"now only"? No, that has always been the case. The world is full of dogs that are not pit bulls. These people want one dog breed and one dog breed only. The other dog breeds don't help them be less terrified of the world.

So you just want to kill off anything you don't think should be a part of society?

Neat.

Someone is not paying attention. The idea is to protect the non-owners from the stupidity of the owners. Know why you can't have defective brakes on your car? Because it is dangerous to the other drivers. If you want to drive around with bad brakes, I say go ahead. It's your funeral. Just don't do it while I'm out there.

"now only"? No, that has always been the case. The world is full of dogs that are not pit bulls. These people want one dog breed and one dog breed only. The other dog breeds don't help them be less terrified of the world.

Why don't you get off your high horse, and try doing something about the owners that matters (background checks, etc. prior to buying that type of dog), rather than just taking the easy way out and blaming the dogs?

I loved my Pitbull. Her name was Lady, a brindle Staffordshire and she was a baby doll. The neighbors were scared to death of her, but she wouldn't have hurt a fly.

Then I had a chihuahua, Cheeto (the Cheeto Bandito we called him)....I gotta tell ya, pound for pound he was the baddest dog in the junkyard, y'all....He did that crazy faced, wild eyed, growling snarling thing......and would bite you in New York minute. Weighed about 3.5 pounds and carried 10 pounds of bad attitude.

Chihuahuas generally are not the breed responsible for serious attacks on children and elderly persons. Pit bulls are way out front with Rottweilers a distant second place.

Why don't you get off your high horse, and try doing something about the owners that matters (background checks, etc. prior to buying that type of dog), rather than just taking the easy way out and blaming the dogs?

It's not the owners attacking people and other animals. In my OP I pointed out pit bulls can never be made safe. You can take the bullets out of a gun, place the safety on and lock it away, but you can't take the fangs out of a pit bull, change its unpredictable nature or keep it from escaping its enclosure.

It's the owners.

I walk around Lake Merritt in Oakland several times a week. The walking path is very popular with dog owners - so I observe all kinds. Stereotypically, there are a lot of pit bulls in Oaklandtown. I admit they scare the bejeebus out of me - but most of the ones I see look very happy and their owners handle them well. I have only seen one that was aggressively straining at the leash, and his owner was a total thug in his attitude as people recoiled from the dog.

Bad owners make bad dogs.

Since I've never been there, I'm not sure if Oaklandtown qualifies as part "civilized society".

Blaming a party is not the point of the thread though. Pit bulls are by far the single breed responsible for the bulk of serious attacks. And since owners cannot be regulated, the breed should be banned.

Pitbulls are not a breed so most any mix breed that attacks gets described as a pitbull

American Pit Bull Terrier is not a breed?

The other side of this coin is, "most people cannot identify a real pit bull" as though a police sketch artists draw up a descriptions.

Last edited:

And in how many of those cases was the attack completely unwarranted, and unprovoked?

If it's a child, what difference does it make?

africa.jpg

Ask this guy...he seems to have the right idea.

So, you ARE wrong.

as a child, i was bitten badly by a small monkey...they organ grinder type....chewed the hell out of my finger....had to go to hospital etc.....now i have been around pit bulls forever... no bites...i have been bitten...by a doberman...a boxer...(doctor comments i was lucky to have an arm) feral pups of all kinds...

as far as the ops love of judge judy...well doesnt that just say it all....

as far as pit owners being this and that....i find idiots who think there should be a "dangerous dog" list even worse......you can make any animal mean....you can bring out the aggressive nature of any animal with poor handling....

to condem an entire breed is stupid...yea i said that...the op is stupid...and guess what....i dont fucking watch judge fucking judy either

my dangerous dog:

IMG_1860.jpg

too bad we really liked that little kitty...it just didnt last long against the thor

If it's a child, what difference does it make?

You're skirting the issue. Children are notorious for torturing animals, and parents sit there watching while they do it, because "Aww.. Look at Timmy trying to ride Rocky! It's soooooo cute.", when instead they should be getting off their stupid asses and watching/teaching their kid.

It was actually a pit mix named Katana that saved my infant nephews life a few years ago, so pardon me if I think you're full of shit. :cool:

Forum List

Back