Pit bulls are real chick magnets

:cool:

[youtube]m2OC5Z1Fii8[/youtube]

Thanks for the video. I loved it!
It reminded me of one time when my half Black Lab, half Brittany Spaniel, (who BTW was more dangerous to children than any pit bull I've ever encountered) nuzzled a bunch of barn kittens.

Especially teacup yorkies. They can seriously do some damage to a child.

:lol:

Those aren't dogs. Those are inbred mutated abominations.

It's cruelty to animals to breed those pitiful stunted creatures.

Last edited:
That's cute.

Brother of a friend of mine owns two pit bulls.

He dearly loves these two beasts.

And he was terrible unhappy when, for whatever reason, these two sibling pitbulls decided they hated one another. (he's had them both at the vets to deal with the injuries they'd inflicted on each other in 2008)

So, last week when he was attempting to separate these two beasts who were tearing each other apart, one of them ACCIDENTLY bit through his hand.

I don't keep pit bulls in my house for much the same reason I don't keep dynamite in my house.

Even though I do not think dynamite hates me, I still think keeping things which are capable of killing me, and things which have a history -- a well documented history -- of killing their owners and their children or injuring them terribly, out of my life.

I just don't want to find myself in a position where I am forced to put down a beast that I would undoubtably love, just because it made a mistake.

Sadly, that tragic tale too often happens to pit bull owners.

If you need a chick magnet, find one that can't kill you.

Pit bulls are just like any other dog. This fool should not have any dog if he cant control them.

Pit bulls are just like any other dog. This fool should not have any dog if he cant control them.

No, they aren't just like any other dog because all dogs aren't alike. They're bred for different dispositions and specialties. Some are independent, some are dependent. Some chase mice and some chase people.

Let me give you an example...I am the owner of a fine Parson Russell Terrier. She's a wonderful dog, I love her.

But there is no person fast enough to get between her and her prey...which in her case is tweety birds and mousies. And balls. You can't play with a ball in her presence, because she will grab it. She will jump on you to achieve height to pluck it out of your hand if you are holding it over your head. She will leap past your nose if you are tossing and catching it yourself. She will run it down on the ground and run from you and have it dinged, dented, and ruined by the time you manage to get it from her, it doesn't matter how quick you get it.

Because she's a TERRIER. It can't be trained out of her, she will always have the impulse and likewise the inability to go against it (again, because she's a terrier.) YOu can deal with it...and I deal with it by not allowing the kids to play with their balls in her presence, or having a huge supply of balls. And we don't have mice or kitties. She's our only pet.

I've seen her grab little birdies out of the air, and the bird was dead before it hit the ground..and as soon as it hit the ground, she was done with it. She kills things that quick. It's a savage, vicious shake of her head. She doesn't even know she's doing it, it's that automatic.

So kindly spare me the ridiculous claim that "all dogs are alike" because they aren't. My 90-lb hound/shepherd mix never killed a mouse, despite the fact that she caught them all the time. It wasn't in her nature. My dingo could fell a cow, but wouldn't touch a bird, in fact scooped baby duckies up in his mouth and carried them around.

Mylo will never carry baby duckies in her mouth, nor will she ever catch and not kill a mouse. If she's caught it, it's dead. And that has to do with breeding, and it's the same for pit bulls, German Shepherds, Labradors and Shih-Tzus.

Especially teacup yorkies. They can seriously do some damage to a child.

:lol:
We had a Peke that was more vicious than any other dog I ever known. The children thought it was cute when he fit in the palm of their hand to tease him. Later when he was a two and a half pound little monster with a full mouth of teeth that could chomp through their fingers they did not find it as cute.

We had a Peke that was more vicious than any other dog I ever known. The children thought it was cute when he fit in the palm of their hand to tease him. Later when he was a two and a half pound little monster with a full mouth of teeth that could chomp through their fingers they did not find it as cute.
I'm guessing they never got their faces ripped off though.

They knew he would tear into their faces so they avoided him in those later years.

We were helping my dad move a double wide about a hundred miles away from home and ended up camping out over night. Dad said, "Oh let Ponchy sleep with me he's so cute." I told him dad you really don't want him sleeping with you he bites if you move him at all while he's sleeping. Dad said, "Nonsense. He's too sweet for that."

Next morning dad was bitching, "That mean little bastard had crawled down into the sleeping bag and bite my feet every time I moved."

There's absolutely no reason why children shouldn't be allowed around a pit bull. And a pit bull doesn't care if you walk up and pet them, in fact they love it. My neighborhood is full of two things: Pit bulls and children. There has NEVER been a pit bull attack in Northern Williamsburg on a human. If you take a pit bull puppy from under 6 months and you raise it like you would raise any other dog, socialize it among people and other dogs, you will wind up with a normal, sweet, loving, loyal dog. The only behavioral differences in a pit bull than another dog is, #1 that pit bulls are high energy breeds and need exercise... but so do humans and #2 pit bulls are extremely loyal to their pack. If anyone breaks into your home with your children there, you should know that your children will be 100% safe. I socialized my pit when he was 4 months among other dogs, people, took him on crowded streets, etc. I have a neighbor who has a 4 year old girl who loves to pull his tail, try to ride him like a horse, pulls a ball out of his mouth, etc. and he hasn't shown anything but pure joy at the sight of being around someone with as much energy as he has.

If you raise a golden retriever the same way some people raise pitbulls in some shabby areas, golden retrievers will be just as mean and nasty. Consider any puppy as a brand new, high powered computer whose hard drive is completely blank and it's up to you to program it.

Simply wrong, my pit bull is the sweetest dog in the world, if he knows you. If he does not know you and he is on his chain you better not approach him without me around. When he is loose he is no threat but on that chain he won't let people come near him. I have never had a problem with him when he gets loose, he either runs to his mothers house or he comes to the front door and waits for me to come out. He does not go after anyone while loose. But on that chain you better not approach him. He will warn you by growling and of course his stance tells you also.

I have a staffordshire terrier, they are cousins to the pits. Did you know that both pits and staffies were once referred to as "the nanny dog" in the U.S. and UK? My dog is as gentle as a lamb, and great with kids.

We had a Staffy (gone now 3 years) and she taught me once again that we vastly underrate animal intelligence. Every day she exhibited all the things we attribute to intelligence

We are so arrogant to believe only we are self aware, can remember, or that animals don’t have those supposedly unique human qualities. It seems to be popular to create tests that remove the capacity of intelligence from our fellow creatures. I sometimes think this is a device that allows us to more easily decide their fate in our favor. I will credit us, though, that this is done hopefully subconsciously, and more or less innocently. But some of us are pleased with this situation, I suspect.

What I have seen tells me with no doubt that we completely misunderstand animal intelligence. Intelligence as revealed and measured in our I.Q. tests includes various realms, such as short-term memory, verbal knowledge, spatial visualization, and perceptual speed, and numerical manipulation. But there are others which I would think are important, which we see in animals like the ability to plan, know the time of day, remember routine, or the shortest path around a fence, strategize, calculate distance and speed, while on the run (especially in the woods) but largely go unmeasured by any tests which humans take. We who know the noble dog do recognize intelligence when we see it I think.

I'd proudly post a picture of her here, she's a beautiful brindle, but I haven't posted 15 posts yet and images are not allowed. In a couple of more posts I'll return with her pic.

Are you back to claiming pit bulls are bred to rip children's faces off? :cuckoo:

That's cute.

Brother of a friend of mine owns two pit bulls.

He dearly loves these two beasts.

And he was terrible unhappy when, for whatever reason, these two sibling pitbulls decided they hated one another. (he's had them both at the vets to deal with the injuries they'd inflicted on each other in 2008)

So, last week when he was attempting to separate these two beasts who were tearing each other apart, one of them ACCIDENTLY bit through his hand.

I don't keep pit bulls in my house for much the same reason I don't keep dynamite in my house.

Even though I do not think dynamite hates me, I still think keeping things which are capable of killing me, and things which have a history -- a well documented history -- of killing their owners and their children or injuring them terribly, out of my life.

I just don't want to find myself in a position where I am forced to put down a beast that I would undoubtably love, just because it made a mistake.

Sadly, that tragic tale too often happens to pit bull owners.

If you need a chick magnet, find one that can't kill you.
I broke up my brother's pit and my other brother's blue healer once scared the shit out of me, the healer was the one who went after the pit first I might add but I knew the pit could kill the other one.
My brother's pit never went after anyone until some radma dog attacked her on a walk once.
I was actually dog sitting when she descided to go after this dog luckly the owner stopped her and no one was hurt but I was eight months pregnant running after this dog and then of course the owner descided to rip me a new one following me up the drive way.
I love my brother's dog and she is very sweet but I don't trust her!

My last dog was (as shown in my picture at the bottom of the page), as I said in my post above, a Staffy, which might be called an English Pit Bull. What I learned about that type of dog might shed some light here. The fault lies with the owners of those dogs, but the dog contributes too because of personality traits bred into them. However the trait is not a tendency towards destructive behavior, but instead it's because they identify so completely with their human companion. They are more attached to their human counterpart than they are to dogs as companions. They are somewhat jealous (competitive) with other dogs for that attention and cooperation which they enjoy. They were originally (I theorize here) bred as a working dog in England to ferret out small game, pests, and varmints on an owners property. The British were known to their Roman conquerors for their dog breeding skills even 2,000 years ago.

That breeding was very successful. They are, to a point, obsessive about doing that. Walking my own staffy, Babe, in the woods I felt more of a partner than an owner. We owned enough property that we could walk without encounters, and she would be unleashed. She could hear a small animal underground or in a dead tree (and of course smell them too). I didn't want her to focus too completely on digging out these animals from their hiding places so I would discourage her by putting her leash on her, and making her leave where they were.

Sometimes she would become so obsessed and frustrated with being unable to get at them that she would turn her obsession on an inanimate object like a small tree, ripping it to shreds, or digging a hole and clogging her throat full of dirt turned to mud by her saliva. She would leap straight up in the air and hang there from a tree limb, gnawing on it trying to pull it down with her weight. But this dog never one time offered to bite a human being. Still even I felt a stirring of "fear" when I saw that behavior being displayed, because without a proper outlet for it, it was clear what could happen.

What I concluded, and I tell anyone who is considering getting a pitbull or a staffy, is consider what you will mean to that dog. If ignored and left penned, or without usefull action it will become frustrated. Babe wasn't happy to just roam around her fenced-in area which was about an acre in size. She would become depressed and forlorne if we did not walk every night in the woods. So we did, and that is the key to having a happy, therefore a safe dog of that type. They should be walked every single night (which is best), or possibly every other night might be ok, but they cannot be just ignored in captivity.

Their competitiveness tells us something about its value. They will constantly display their use of their intelligence developed to achieve their goals. I'd like to write something up about what I've observed further on to support my opinion on animal intelligence to a degree that it simply cannot be passed of as instinctual behavior

Pic25Babe.jpg

Here she is as she watches attentively for an indication that we are going for a jaunt in our woods.

One more thing. A Staffy is as far as anyone can tell a Pit-Bull: They have the massive chest, muscular jaws, the same ears (like a bat), bow legs, and are very strong. And as I'd walk my dog every night, I must say that people, and especially "chicks" were fascinated by Babe. One young neighbor (chick type) got one for her family after falling in love with Babe. So yes Pit Bulls are chick magnets!

Last edited:
My last dog was (as shown in my picture at the bottom of the page), as I said in my post above, a Staffy, which might be called an English Pit Bull. What I learned about that type of dog might shed some light here. The fault lies with the owners of those dogs, but the dog contributes too because of personality traits bred into them. However the trait is not a tendency towards destructive behavior, but instead it's because they identify so completely with their human companion. They are more attached to their human counterpart than they are to dogs as companions. They are somewhat jealous (competitive) with other dogs for that attention and cooperation which they enjoy. They were originally (I theorize here) bred as a working dog in England to ferret out small game, pests, and varmints on an owners property. The British were known to their Roman conquerors for their dog breeding skills even 2,000 years ago.

That breeding was very successful. They are, to a point, obsessive about doing that. Walking my own staffy, Babe, in the woods I felt more of a partner than an owner. We owned enough property that we could walk without encounters, and she would be unleashed. She could hear a small animal underground or in a dead tree (and of course smell them too). I didn't want her to focus too completely on digging out these animals from their hiding places so I would discourage her by putting her leash on her, and making her leave where they were.

Sometimes she would become so obsessed and frustrated with being unable to get at them that she would turn her obsession on an inanimate object like a small tree, ripping it to shreds, or digging a hole and clogging her throat full of dirt turned to mud by her saliva. She would leap straight up in the air and hang there from a tree limb, gnawing on it trying to pull it down with her weight. But this dog never one time offered to bite a human being. Still even I felt a stirring of "fear" when I saw that behavior being displayed, because without a proper outlet for it, it was clear what could happen.

What I concluded, and I tell anyone who is considering getting a pitbull or a staffy, is consider what you will mean to that dog. If ignored and left penned, or without usefull action it will become frustrated. Babe wasn't happy to just roam around her fenced-in area which was about an acre in size. She would become depressed and forlorne if we did not walk every night in the woods. So we did, and that is the key to having a happy, therefore a safe dog of that type. They should be walked every single night (which is best), or possibly every other night might be ok, but they cannot be just ignored in captivity.

Their competitiveness tells us something about its value. They will constantly display their use of their intelligence developed to achieve their goals. I'd like to write something up about what I've observed further on to support my opinion on animal intelligence to a degree that it simply cannot be passed of as instinctual behavior

picture.php

Here she is as she watches attentively for an indication that we are going for a jaunt in our woods.

One more thing. A Staffy is as far as anyone can tell a Pit-Bull: They have the massive chest, muscular jaws, the same ears (like a bat), bow legs, and are very strong. And as I'd walk my dog every night, I must say that people, and especially "chicks" were fascinated by Babe. One young neighbor (chick type) got one for her family after falling in love with Babe. So yes Pit Bulls are chick magnets!

My old roommate had one and she was a great dog and she was for sure a chick magnat for him!
She also loved me and would come and sleep with me every morning when he went to work, but man did she fart and snore!

My old roommate had one and she was a great dog and she was for sure a chick magnat for him!
She also loved me and would come and sleep with me every morning when he went to work, but man did she fart and snore!

FUNNY that you should say that. We were always calling her down about the first, and the second wasn't so much a problem as it was endearing.:eusa_angel:

Are you back to claiming pit bulls are bred to rip children's faces off? :cuckoo:
Are you this silly in real life?:lol:

Forum List

Back