Pistachios

Why is it impossible to eat only a couple of them?

Any ideas?

Dunno, don't eat em unless they're in something. Now hand rubbed Tater Tits "bet ya can't eat just one" by Carlin's Own, nope, I usually switch off.
LOL. I finally stopped, but my fingertips are dehydrated from the salt.

I used to be that way with potato(e) chips. Would sit down with a 3 lb bag, watch a move and eat until the sides of my mouth were cracked and raw.

Dunno, don't eat em unless they're in something. Now hand rubbed Tater Tits "bet ya can't eat just one" by Carlin's Own, nope, I usually switch off.

I used to be that way with potato(e) chips. Would sit down with a 3 lb bag, watch a move and eat until the sides of my mouth were cracked and raw.
Every once in a while, I get such a craving for something salty. I used to do chips, but I now go with salted nuts.

But, I must confess - my lips are a bit sore, too, from the salt. Those suckers are addictive. Man.

I stopped before hitting rock bottom, but maybe someone will organize an intervention for me in the future. ;) I admit that I have no control. LOL.

Every once in a while, I get such a craving for something salty. I used to do chips, but I now go with salted nuts.

But, I must confess - my lips are a bit sore, too, from the salt. Those suckers are addictive. Man.

I stopped before hitting rock bottom, but maybe someone will organize an intervention for me in the future. ;) I admit that I have no control. LOL.

I can do deprogramming (or was that exorcism?).

Any ideas?

It's the new ads they're running, they've hidden subliminal messages in them. "Eat till you puke"; "You are not in control, do not attempt to adjust the dial"; "Just keep on eaaatttting themmmmm".

I heard somewhere that if you're craving salt, your potassium levels are low. Eat a banana.

Any ideas?
Because there are more in the bag waiting to be eaten.

Any ideas?

It's the work of prying those little husks open, and then achieving the instant solitary award. There is a feeling of accomplishment each time.
This feeling can be overcome. As I do often with shrimp that I have to peel, I take time to peel several of them before eating a single one. When this method is applied to pistachios, it is helpful to remove a half-handful or so from the bag, close the bag and store it well out of reach, remove all pistachios from their husks without eating any of them...THEN pop 'em all in your mouth at once. Hopefully, you'll be too lazy to get up and get another ration of nuts.

It's the new ads they're running, they've hidden subliminal messages in them. "Eat till you puke"; "You are not in control, do not attempt to adjust the dial"; "Just keep on eaaatttting themmmmm".
Ugh, popcorn and nuts worst foods to puke.

Stop purging and you won't have that problem. :tongue:
Yuk. From the sound of it with that response it must be a practice your familiar with. :eusa_whistle:

Grands live sixty miles away. They no longer share with grandma all those kiddy bugs they pick up at school thank goodness.

I used to eat them until I heard about the salmonella scare. I really don't trust foods after hearing something like that. Even lettuce, I clean it really well after getting it home but I am still suspicious.

When I was a kid, I guess I had the flu but it was on a night when we had raviolli. To this day, I can't eat it. Same with any kind of booze that's ever made me sick.

Hope nobody's eating any of that now.. :lol:

Any ideas?

Probably the same reason it's impossible to eat just a couple of cashews.
They're soooooooooooooooooo good!!!!!!

Planters has a new mix I just bought and ate this past weekend.
Peanuts, cashews, almonds and pisachios!
YUM!

I heard somewhere that if you're craving salt, your potassium levels are low. Eat a banana.
I crave salt a lot. So, good to know.

Oh, and I'm hitting the shells again. Dear God, someone save me!

Why? For me, it's simple. I am unabashedly and unashamedly a glutton for nuts, avocados, and artichokes. Artichoke hearts, avocado slices, crushed nuts on a bed of lettuce with red onion and yellow pepper, sprayed sparingly with a very light oil-vinegar dressing.

Forum List

Back