Pipeline spills 176,000 gallons of crude into creek 150 miles from Standing Rock

munkle

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2012
100% predictable. So the Indians were right.

Pipeline spills 176,000 gallons of crude into creek about 150 miles from Dakota Access protest camp

A pipeline leak has spilled tens of thousands of gallons of crude oil into a North Dakota creek roughly two and a half hours from Cannon Ball, where protesters are camped out in opposition to the Dakota Access pipeline.

Members of the Standing Rock Sioux and other tribes, as well as environmentalists from around the country, have fought the pipeline project on the grounds that it crosses beneath a lake that provides drinking water to native Americans. They say the route beneath Lake Oahe puts the water source in jeopardy and would destroy sacred land.

North Dakota officials estimate more than 176,000 gallons of crude oil leaked from the Belle Fourche Pipeline into the Ash Coulee Creek. State environmental scientist Bill Suess says a landowner discovered the spill on Dec. 5 near the city of Belfield, which is roughly 150 miles from the epicenter of the Dakota Access pipeline protest camps.

Pipeline spills 176,000 gallons of crude into creek about 150 miles from Dakota Access protest camp

A pipeline leak has spilled tens of thousands of gallons of crude oil into a North Dakota creek roughly two and a half hours from Cannon Ball, where protesters are camped out in opposition to the Dakota Access pipeline.

Members of the Standing Rock Sioux and other tribes, as well as environmentalists from around the country, have fought the pipeline project on the grounds that it crosses beneath a lake that provides drinking water to native Americans. They say the route beneath Lake Oahe puts the water source in jeopardy and would destroy sacred land.

North Dakota officials estimate more than 176,000 gallons of crude oil leaked from the Belle Fourche Pipeline into the Ash Coulee Creek. State environmental scientist Bill Suess says a landowner discovered the spill on Dec. 5 near the city of Belfield, which is roughly 150 miles from the epicenter of the Dakota Access pipeline protest camps.

There is nothing wrong with this just as long as the Koch brothers & other Republicans are there to drink up the 176K gallon spill

that's the least these anti-environmental folks could do is to just drink up the pollution they support

If you're going to move around large quantities of liquid, some of it is going to spill. Any alcoholic knows that.

700-01164964en_Masterfile.jpg

Last edited:

It will be back to pristine condition within 6 months without assistance for Mother Nature. Proof that environmentalism is a hoax.

Hope they don’t go on the warpath and start scalping innocent people.
What a stupid, racist comment.
Why is it racist, isn't that what Indians do?
You're as bad as he is.

. . . when it comes down to it, I guess I would rather be "bad" than come off as an arrogant prick.

I actually agreed with the folks of Standing Rock on this issue.

In college I marched with AIM. I know he was being sarcastic, but frankly, I think it is a good idea. THEY SHOULD go scalp every goddam politician and corporatist in the nation.

SHIT Heads that think profit is more important than clean water and the environment?

They ought to lawyer up and sue the hell out of them, and scalp' em for all they are worth. :auiqs.jpg:

Plenty of opportunity for C-list celebrities to come in haz-mat suits to get some publicity shots.

Artists+Peace+Justice+Look+Building+Schools+GHsErpb_WpXx.jpg

Forum List

Back